Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final scene of this definitive Greek tragedy will play out in the Oakleigh Maul - souvs and Euros (lite) at 50 paces, retsina (Aldi) available on tap, security guards with approved footwear will determine the outcome. Replays available on Kayo. Gillon McLachlan required to observe social distancing - 50 kms in his case

View attachment 880957

Edit - PS - (3 card trick) - which of the above is a Pies BF poster in disguise?

That is not a uniform you want to make fun off.

Might want to do your history on it before posting it for the 3rd time.

In the interests of equalisation and prawn tight arsery, I'd like to suggest a grocery cap for next year's league.

To avoid troika rorting, any wagyu beef, olive oil or carton of figs gifted by Uncle Vinnie gets valued at Coles prices.

Do you really believe that any Greek worth his salt would be unable to "work-around" that little rule? Mate, we've been rorting systems for thousands of years. You'll have to do a little better than that. Please, you're killing me! :tearsofjoy:

Ditch the lite schitt mate.
To make up for the lost flavour from the fat they add extra sugar, so you are taking away a healthy(ish) fat and replacing it with empty calories from sugar.
Greek yogurt (which is actually Turkish yogurt but was marketed by a smart Greek man as Greek yogurt in the US and it stuck) is super healthy as is, no need for the lite stuff.

“Greek yogurt” is a term invented by a Turkish yoghurt firm in USA, to be able to sell their yogurt better. (a turk called Hamdi Ulukaya just discovered the word “Greek” sold better than the word “Turkish”). Greeks know all types of yogurt, strained or plain since they lived with Turks for more than 500 years.

Greek yogurt isn't a location-dependent product. It's not even really Greek. What westerners know as Greek yogurt is a yogurt with most of the whey strained out, making it thicker. In Greece, it's called "straggisto" (which simply translates to strained yogurt).

I agree with all that prefer the full-fat stuff, it's creamy, delicious, and served with honey a personal fave.

Last edited:
Do you really believe that any Greek worth his salt would be unable to "work-around" that little rule? Mate, we've been rorting systems for thousands of years. You'll have to do a little better than that. Please, you're killing me! :tearsofjoy:
Damn. Looks like we're just going to have to hope that sunblest and Danish feta will cause a big enough rift for the troika to break up on its own.

Edit: Thanks Jathanas, ceding Greek yoghurt to the turks should be the end of the axis.

Last edited:
Please calm down - have you seen British comedy? Making fun of everything inc Royal family, military parades, Busby worn by Queen's Guard etc - I meant no offence whatsoever

Did you only just now give thought to British comedy after I confronted you with it? Backtracking to some Brit comedy show.. Brits on Brits..

Open slather on every other military uniform including the ANZACS.. is that how it works?

You are an idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Greek yogurt” is a term invented by a Turkish yoghurt firm in USA, to be able to sell his yogurt better. (a turk called Hamdi Ulukaya just discovered the word “Greek” sold better than the word “Turkish”). Greeks know all types of yogurt, strained or plain since they lived with Turks for more than 500 years.
Greek yogurt isn't a location-dependent product. It's not even really Greek. What westerners know as Greek yogurt is a yogurt with most of the whey strained out, making it thicker. In Greece, it's called "straggisto" (which simply translates to strained yogurt).
I agree with all that prefer the full-fat stuff, it's creamy, delicious, and served with honey a personal fave.
So when I was in Greece (a while back) having what I thought was greek yoghurt with honey it wasn't really Greek yoghurt?

So when I was in Greece (a while back) having what I thought was greek yoghurt with honey it wasn't really Greek yoghurt?

All Greeks, local and abroad, are deeply sorry you have suffered this deception.

Am impressed by how hard Rugby League is trying to get fans back at matches by July 1

The NSW Health Department is working with them

Think there will be AFL fans at matches this season, at least by the finals

Conservatively, may be every second row, and 2 seats between people of different households

Or, if we have a second wave, could fill the stadia with Carlton fans

“Greek yogurt” is a term invented by a Turkish yoghurt firm in USA, to be able to sell their yogurt better. (a turk called Hamdi Ulukaya just discovered the word “Greek” sold better than the word “Turkish”). Greeks know all types of yogurt, strained or plain since they lived with Turks for more than 500 years.

I buy 'Greek' yoghurt, and if I want to use it in a tzatziki (for example) I strain it through muslin for a few hours beforehand, which makes it thicker and creamier. Yum.

I buy 'Greek' yoghurt, and if I want to use it in a tzatziki (for example) I strain it through muslin for a few hours beforehand, which makes it thicker and creamier. Yum.

You got the like for triggering childhood memories of my grandmas doing exactly that. :)

had leftover seafood pie tonight

Wife's words - "that was just as good the second time, you can do that whenever you like" - tick :)

Tomorrow - meatballs - combo of pork and beef mince - pork mince sweetens it a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back