Opinion Covid-19 & The footy season.....

morax

Club Legend
May 7, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Goat Island thirds
The MSM and its sponsors is leveraging this, fomenting panic, when it should be trying to allay panic by focusing more on the mortality rate - not just the infection rate.

Way to crash the economy/markets/employment by marketing this as Black Death 2.0...
Agree on the mortality rate. I'm not sure the MSM is knowingly ignoring this or is just unaware that higher testing will bring about higher numbers but flatten the curve

Edit: Wanted to add in some figures for Aus

Deceased 13

Recovered 177

Total outcome 190

Quite a bit of difference with Italy.

Last edited:

deltablues

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
Agree on the mortality rate. I'm not sure the MSM is knowingly ignoring this or is just unaware that higher testing will bring about higher numbers but flatten the curve

Edit: Wanted to add in some figures for Aus

Deceased 13

Recovered 177

Total outcome 190

Quite a bit of difference with Italy.
From what I see on the net/C-V report sites 0.3% mortality rate so far, in Oz.

morax

Club Legend
May 7, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Goat Island thirds
From what I see on the net/C-V report sites 0.3% mortality rate so far, in Oz.
That would be a outstanding result if the country can maintain these figures. I did hear speculation that not only do the Italians have much older demographics but they smoke in larger numbers as well. Not a great combination for respiratory virus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deltablues

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
That would be a outstanding result if the country can maintain these figures. I did hear speculation that not only do the Italians have much older demographics but they smoke in larger numbers as well. Not a great combination for respiratory virus
Yet to see it reported in Oz MSM/by politicians.

Point being is way less than the flu but folk losing their jobs, market down [think super] by over 20% since 18 Jan 2020, and all Chicken Little.

PS You probably know anyway, but apparently it's important to keep your mouth and oesophagus moist by drinking some water every 15 mins or so, as fluids wash the virus into the stomach where stomach acids kill the virus. If not, then the virus can go down your trachea into your lungs.

Also drink hot drinks/soup.

PPS fluids include, beer, wine, Mai Tai's etc.

noideaatall

Club Legend
May 14, 2011
geeveston
AFL Club
Collingwood
If a long lock down occurs I think you're forgetting another big winner.
Divorce lawyers!
Yep. I have been getting up early to have at least a couple of hours before the wife and kids fill the house. Now the wife is getting up early too. Had to get up at 3:30am this morning to at least have half an hour to myself. I reckon the birth rate will go up big time though.
Oh, I have been to China a lot of times, it's common knowledge the Government gets access to things like masks before the common people. They have direct control over the factories, and obviously look after themselves and their allies #1. This isn't a conspiracy, it's just how the world works in China.
Wow! So they are really just like the west then? Rich get all they need, including richer. Here was me thinking they might have bucked the human trend and be into caring/sharing.
Do you need to live in America your whole life to understand how Donald Trump behaves?
Nah you need to live in a special home for people with low IQs and dementia.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I'm thinking of capitalizing on my popularity on bf and going mainstream on YouTube and that re.. giving advice on fashion.. hair and makeup.. fragrances.. fitness.. and just life in general and that re.. the gorillas I make from sponsors I will pump back into bf.

Last edited:

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Trying to find things to do around the house and that re.. so decided to wash the windows in my home in Mount Martha.. there's plenty of things you can do around the house.. get off of the playstation mate.. stay active.

The results speak for themselves..

20200327_075240.jpg

sideswipe

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Trying to find things to do around the house and that re.. so decided to wash the windows in my home in Mount Martha.. there's plenty of things you can do around the house.. get off of the playstation mate.. stay active.

The results speak for themselves..

View attachment 847480
I thought you would be closer to the water?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I thought you would be closer to the water?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was thinking about it.. but opted for highest on the hill re.. and the beach still in close proximity.

This house was the one.. wasn't for sale.. but I made em an offer they couldn't refuse..

Last edited:

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Like what the.. right.. get this..

So I go to the shop to buy 5 blow up doles.. and the assistant goes.. no stockpiling thanks.. I'm like.. are you for f real re.. that's how I roll mate.. then I head off to buy 5 slabs at Woolworth's.. and same shit.. 'you selfish so and so'.. and I'm like.. 'f off re.. im not a 2 pot screamer.. I avg 5 slabs a week mate'..

This is bullshit mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maggie5

Apr 3, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here are a couple of good articles to read on the flu vs Covid 19. Not sure they are comparable at this stage and can that the flu can be used as a legitimate comparison as there is too much still unknown .

TKiL

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was thinking about it.. but opted for highest on the hill re.. and the beach still in close proximity.
This house was the one.. wasn't for sale.. but I made em an offer they couldn't refuse..
Nice location - you must be near Solomon Lew's holiday house - do you get to swim in his infinity pool... or do you duck down to Portsea to hob nob with Lindsay Fox and his crew?
Edit - or do the Peninsula jet set congregate at your place? - after the Tinder date(s) have had brekky and snuk out the back door?

Last edited:

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
he's formed a taskforce to look at the options:

- create Marvel stadium Hedge Fund

- sell index linked equities in AFL merchandise shops

- sell stock options in AFL Execs car park
No doubt the big man's got inside information on which bio-tech organization is the front runner for the development of a vaccine.. investing his hard earned 4.5 mil in the stock to act as a hedge against the virus threat.. that's how the bourgeois roll re.. and what are we doing in the meantime re.. and what are we doing in the meantime re.. f bubkes mate.. smoking dog turds is what.

I've f had it man.

Last edited:

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Coles investing $1mil in sanitation and that re.. making the stores safer.. perhaps get rid of some of the aisles that carry non essentials.. I just passed 50 shoppers wheeling trolleys that were well within the 1.5 meter radius re.. bright sparks they are..

Top Bottom