Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gil looks like he has aged 20 years.....wtf has happened?

The Kinese have a lot to answer for.

Well he be under a Ton of Stress/Pressure since the Breakout Started

F No, season will come back on line September-December IMO, as long as things are in the clear by then.

If that ends up being the case they will just cancel it for 2020.

June to end of October will allow them to play 17 games and finals.

If they don't resume in June I doubt it goes ahead at all.

Very disappointing but understandable.

I was super keen on our chances this year moreso after Friday night. Oh well, back to watching the replay, many, many times.

Perhaps we can have a quiz as to what happened at a certain moment in each quarter, like 10 mins into first quarter.

Yes I think it's fair to postpone the season by 2 mths.. have the players train wherever or whenever.. and expect em to come out firing again in 2 mths time.. that is a complete joke as far as I'm concerned. Not fair on the players.. mind and body.. and not fair on us supporters waiting for an answer in 2 mths time.

Write it off ffs!

If that ends up being the case they will just cancel it for 2020.

June to end of October will allow them to play 17 games and finals.

If they don't resume in June I doubt it goes ahead at all.
Gil has stated over the past week, they’ll play until Xmas if they have too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gil has stated over the past week, they’ll play until Xmas if they have too.

So if there's a lockdown and social distancing and s**t like that.. how are players expected to train and come out fit and firing in 2 mths time.. this is not an office job where the size of your gut doesnt count for s**t.

And say they did play in 2 mths time.. what state of mind are they going to be in.. have em play until December.. then what.. straight into preseason and practice matches.. what a joke.

These blokes don't deserve this sort of treatment. It's actually torture.

Last edited:
If there’s no resumption what will happen with the draft? Who gets pick #1, etc?
Gold Coast
will follow last season’s ladder I imagine but no double / priority picks.
So we would have 15 I imagine.

(How they determine swapped picks pre this draft, unsure. Maybe just keep the given picks as it were.)

It would seem the AFL are open to resuming the season when and if the circumstances allow and even if it takes the rest of the year to complete.

They own Marvel so I assume that would be available for use while any Sheffield shield matches around the country could surely me moved to smaller venues as they attract bugger all in terms of crowd anyway.

The big bash and international cricket schedules could cause problems with any AFL fixture however.

Cricket will need to do their part during this unprecedented period because simply put football provides the majority of the revenue that stadiums and broadcasters generate in a year.

I don't see any logical situation in where the footy is resumed this year.

Find a Curer or Vaccine for it and there been some good reports that is heading in the Right Direction.

People catching the Virus goes down a Fair Bit.

I can still see us having a Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back