Not open for further replies.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
I’m not sure what you posted supports that they have hoarded masks and are supplying them to only important people.

It’s not surprising that the Chinese, being the first hit, would be organising to protect themselves. It’s not a conspiracy against the world.

How is what Kappa provided not the exact proof to back up his claim? :drunk:

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So what you are posting is your opinion/guess/extrapolation based upon your limited experience?

Im in no way defending the Chinese government by the way.

And you posted a link to support your claims from the Daily Mail? That’s one of the notoriously unreliable newspapers on the face of the earth.

Speak to any Chinese person or anyone with any knowledge of China, this is basic knowledge, not opinions or guesswork.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
So what you are posting is your opinion/guess/extrapolation based upon your limited experience?

Im in no way defending the Chinese government by the way.

And you posted a link to support your claims from the Daily Mail? That’s one of the notoriously unreliable newspapers on the face of the earth.

The f@#$ Managing Director of the company posted that they were doing it on his social media account... I mean... what more do you need?

Sherwood Luo, the managing director of Greenland Australia, posted photographs of this occurring on social media.

For instance on February 13 he posted on WeChat "#CombatCoronavirus, Greenland Australia is Taking Action. The second batch of non-contact forehead thermometers will soon take off to China! Coronavirus situation is serious, Chinese people, local and overseas, are trying their best, fighting together to combat the virus."

Oh, I have been to China a lot of times, it's common knowledge the Government gets access to things like masks before the common people. They have direct control over the factories, and obviously look after themselves and their allies #1. This isn't a conspiracy, it's just how the world works in China.

Not an observation directed at you, but I've always found it amusing that people can claim particular insights about countries they've visited, even on a regular basis. I feel sure that many Australians don't have the foggiest notion of what's going on in their own country, a place they've lived in all their lives, and yet people feel confident in making claims about countries they only passed through.

Maybe those British backpackers I saw spewing their guts out near Flinders Street station a few months back knew things about Australia the rest of us could only imagine?

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not an observation directed at you, but I've always found it amusing that people can claim particular insights about countries they've visited, even on a regular basis. I feel sure that many Australians don't have the foggiest notion of what's going on in their own country, a place they've lived in all their lives, and yet people feel confident in making claims about countries they only passed through.

Maybe those British backpackers I saw spewing their guts out near Flinders Street station a few months back knew things about Australia the rest of us could only imagine?

Do you need to live in America your whole life to understand how Donald Trump behaves?

How is what Kappa provided not the exact proof to back up his claim? :drunk:
You can put the little drunk emoticon at the end of your sentence all you like because you must not have read what he said and insinuated.

He is claiming that the Chinese here (and other countries from the poorly written article from The DAILY MAIL), supports that the Chinese Government were hoarding masks etc (hoarding meaning storing/collecting not using) for only important people/officials.

Other than the Chinese buying up this stuff when the virus was going berserk there in late January, how does this article support his claims?

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
This is a biological weapon unleashed by China to cripple the US economy.
This is just my opinion but I honestly believe this is the case. We are in the age of advanced modern warfare and after the trade war with the US this seems like the perfect retaliation. Sacrifice a few thousand of their own people, but what is that to China anyway. China will now control the world by the end of the year as a result, they will have bought out a lot of US and Western stocks and be the most powerful country.

Do you need to live in America your whole life to understand how Donald Trump behaves?

No. Does this mean that visiting China gave you no special insight at all, or nothing which couldn't just as easily be gleaned from a distance?

Speak to any Chinese person or anyone with any knowledge of China, this is basic knowledge, not opinions or guesswork.
Wow, I thought you might be a better critical thinker than that?

There might be some truth to what you say, but you have made some giant leaps without evidence.

The f@#$ Managing Director of the company posted that they were doing it on his social media account... I mean... what more do you need?

Keep up Wicksy, it’s not about whether they purchased them, it’s about the why.

Kappa is saying that were bought to be hoarded for important officials.

The time they were bought was when they were under siege from the virus. Well of course they would! (Purchase them)

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
My rate was on outcome only.

Recovered or deceased

I'm not trying to be alarmist and when this is all done, i think the death rate will sit well under 5%. But it is a snapshot into how dire it is in Italy

The MSM and its sponsors is leveraging this, fomenting panic, when it should be trying to allay panic by focusing more on the mortality rate - not just the infection rate.

Way to crash the economy/markets/employment by marketing this as Black Death 2.0...

The MSM and its sponsors is leveraging this, fomenting panic, when it should be trying to allay panic by focusing more on the mortality rate - not just the infection rate.

Way to crash the economy/markets/employment by marketing this as Black Death 2.0...
Agree on the mortality rate. I'm not sure the MSM is knowingly ignoring this or is just unaware that higher testing will bring about higher numbers but flatten the curve

Edit: Wanted to add in some figures for Aus

Deceased 13

Recovered 177

Total outcome 190

Quite a bit of difference with Italy.

Last edited:

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
Agree on the mortality rate. I'm not sure the MSM is knowingly ignoring this or is just unaware that higher testing will bring about higher numbers but flatten the curve

Edit: Wanted to add in some figures for Aus

Deceased 13

Recovered 177

Total outcome 190

Quite a bit of difference with Italy.
From what I see on the net/C-V report sites 0.3% mortality rate so far, in Oz.

From what I see on the net/C-V report sites 0.3% mortality rate so far, in Oz.
That would be a outstanding result if the country can maintain these figures. I did hear speculation that not only do the Italians have much older demographics but they smoke in larger numbers as well. Not a great combination for respiratory virus

deltablues

Cancelled
Jul 16, 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sturt, Green Bay Packers
That would be a outstanding result if the country can maintain these figures. I did hear speculation that not only do the Italians have much older demographics but they smoke in larger numbers as well. Not a great combination for respiratory virus
Yet to see it reported in Oz MSM/by politicians.

Point being is way less than the flu but folk losing their jobs, market down [think super] by over 20% since 18 Jan 2020, and all Chicken Little.

PS You probably know anyway, but apparently it's important to keep your mouth and oesophagus moist by drinking some water every 15 mins or so, as fluids wash the virus into the stomach where stomach acids kill the virus. If not, then the virus can go down your trachea into your lungs.

Also drink hot drinks/soup.

PPS fluids include, beer, wine, Mai Tai's etc.

200.gif

jmac70 virtual hug me!
Big hugs coming your way brother.

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
If a long lock down occurs I think you're forgetting another big winner.
Divorce lawyers!
Yep. I have been getting up early to have at least a couple of hours before the wife and kids fill the house. Now the wife is getting up early too. Had to get up at 3:30am this morning to at least have half an hour to myself. I reckon the birth rate will go up big time though.
Oh, I have been to China a lot of times, it's common knowledge the Government gets access to things like masks before the common people. They have direct control over the factories, and obviously look after themselves and their allies #1. This isn't a conspiracy, it's just how the world works in China.
Wow! So they are really just like the west then? Rich get all they need, including richer. Here was me thinking they might have bucked the human trend and be into caring/sharing.
Nah you need to live in a special home for people with low IQs and dementia.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I'm thinking of capitalizing on my popularity on bf and going mainstream on YouTube and that re.. giving advice on fashion.. hair and makeup.. fragrances.. fitness.. and just life in general and that re.. the gorillas I make from sponsors I will pump back into bf.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Trying to find things to do around the house and that re.. so decided to wash the windows in my home in Mount Martha.. there's plenty of things you can do around the house.. get off of the playstation mate.. stay active.

The results speak for themselves..

View attachment 847480

I thought you would be closer to the water?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I thought you would be closer to the water?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was thinking about it.. but opted for highest on the hill re.. and the beach still in close proximity.

This house was the one.. wasn't for sale.. but I made em an offer they couldn't refuse..

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Like what the.. right.. get this..

So I go to the shop to buy 5 blow up doles.. and the assistant goes.. no stockpiling thanks.. I'm like.. are you for f real re.. that's how I roll mate.. then I head off to buy 5 slabs at Woolworth's.. and same s**t.. 'you selfish so and so'.. and I'm like.. 'f off re.. im not a 2 pot screamer.. I avg 5 slabs a week mate'..

This is bullshit mate.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Still can’t believe you bought my weekender Gimpy!

BTW: Watch out for the subsidence.

Social distance hugs!

Likewise re.

You're a f great re.

The Ot has been lost without you.. he's doubled his dickedness re.. at the min mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back