Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple of good articles to read on the flu vs Covid 19. Not sure they are comparable at this stage and can that the flu can be used as a legitimate comparison as there is too much still unknown .

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was thinking about it.. but opted for highest on the hill re.. and the beach still in close proximity.
This house was the one.. wasn't for sale.. but I made em an offer they couldn't refuse..
Nice location - you must be near Solomon Lew's holiday house - do you get to swim in his infinity pool... or do you duck down to Portsea to hob nob with Lindsay Fox and his crew?
Edit - or do the Peninsula jet set congregate at your place? - after the Tinder date(s) have had brekky and snuk out the back door?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
he's formed a taskforce to look at the options:

- create Marvel stadium Hedge Fund

- sell index linked equities in AFL merchandise shops

- sell stock options in AFL Execs car park

No doubt the big man's got inside information on which bio-tech organization is the front runner for the development of a vaccine.. investing his hard earned 4.5 mil in the stock to act as a hedge against the virus threat.. that's how the bourgeois roll re.. and what are we doing in the meantime re.. and what are we doing in the meantime re.. f bubkes mate.. smoking dog turds is what.

I've f had it man.

Last edited:

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
You haven't been reading any news about it? Jack riewoldt coming out and saying rhe players are already selfless and shouldn't have to take more pay cuts..

Actually, it appears that's not what Jack is saying at all...

"At the moment we've put a position to the AFL that says 'look, let's re-evaluate in 10 weeks' time' - probably six weeks' time I think - because we'll know what's going on with COVID-19," Riewoldt said on Fox Footy's AFL 360.

"But people shouldn't be under any illusion that we're gonna go, 'no, no - we want to be paid fully then.'

"If the game isn't going, we understand that there is a massive role for the players to take here if the game doesn't get up and going in this year.

"There'll be plenty of other cuts - we may see lists cut, we may see players' jobs lost. So we totally understand that."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
We sold all our masks to china.

Chinese government is hoarding tens of millions of them and hand them out to important people and loyalists.

I think your throwing a couple of disjointed actions together and coming to a sum greater than the whole.

We gave container loads of medical supplies including some of our nationally held reserves to China as humanitarian aid. They are now doing the same for other countries. It's what good global citizens do.

But that's a separate issue entirely to wealthy individuals or companies buying product in a free global market. They are well within their rights to buy those products and companies are well within their rights to fill those orders. But that has nothing to do with the national entities as you imply.

And when push comes to shove, Australia normally hoards such supplies and other things like fuel for situations just such as this, so why shouldn't China if it were in fact rebuilding reserves.

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
I presume this is just a health and safety message -- Gimp your thoughts?

1585278257523.png

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep. I have been getting up early to have at least a couple of hours before the wife and kids fill the house. Now the wife is getting up early too. Had to get up at 3:30am this morning to at least have half an hour to myself. I reckon the birth rate will go up big time though.

Wow! So they are really just like the west then? Rich get all they need, including richer. Here was me thinking they might have bucked the human trend and be into caring/sharing.

Nah you need to live in a special home for people with low IQs and dementia.
One of my main memories of China was the rush to get onto a bus and the inability of Chinese people to form a queue. There is nothing sharing and caring about them other than what is forced on them or ingrained in them through propaganda.

Last edited:

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Keep up Wicksy, it’s not about whether they purchased them, it’s about the why.

Kappa is saying that were bought to be hoarded for important officials.

The time they were bought was when they were under siege from the virus. Well of course they would! (Purchase them)

The cited article even contains this

The supplies were 'dispatched to China, which at that time was the epicentre of the outbreak', the statement read.

'As such, Greenland Group initiated a drive for medical supplies, and provided accommodation services for front-line medical staff in China via the company’s hotel group.

'Greenland Australia supported Greenland Group’s initiative by arranging for medical supplies to be dispatched to China. Again, it should be noted that this proactive response occurred in late January and early February, at a time when the worldwide spread of the virus, and all response efforts, were focused on China.'

Seems to me that their motives were far more altruistic than some seem to assume/propose. Especially given the numbers of health professionals who lost their lives to the virus in China.

That would be a outstanding result if the country can maintain these figures. I did hear speculation that not only do the Italians have much older demographics but they smoke in larger numbers as well. Not a great combination for respiratory virus
Mortality rate in Aust will rise, but due to Europe and soon the states copping it so hard, we might have gotten lucky and shut down early enough to not get really smashed.

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
One of my main memories of China was the rush to get onto a bus and the inability of Chinese people to form a queue. There is nothing sharing and caring about them other than what is forced on them or ingrained in them through propaganda.
Queueing is an English thing - not widely followed anywhere else - Australian sense of fair go means we're not bad at queueing

Old saying - 2 English men form a queue - 2 Welsh men form a choir, 2 Scots form a clan and 2 Irish men form a fight

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Queueing is an English thing - not widely followed anywhere else - Australian sense of fair go means we're not bad at queueing

Old saying - 2 English men form a queue - 2 Welsh men form a choir, 2 Scots form a clan and 2 Irish men form a fight
Correct about queue. It is not a natural phenomenon among our tropical neighbours but several countries have adapted to it much better than others. But that it is an introduced concept is very true - the Thai word for queue is queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back