Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Australia is #3 in the world for new cases (257) in the last day according to Worldometers, behind #2 Israel (425) and #1 Germany (2,469). We’re effectively double the U.S. in that time.

Luckily we’re doing well on the death rate, but if things keep going this way our luck will soon run out.

Australia is #3 in the world for new cases (257) in the last day according to Worldometers, behind #2 Israel (425) and #1 Germany (2,469). We’re effectively double the U.S. in that time.

Luckily we’re doing well on the death rate, but if things keep going this way our luck will soon run out.

Yep and That make People Mad when you See Idiots not taking it Seriously and just doing gathering in Large Numbers at places like Beaches

normally this would be a food and wine thread item, but these are unique times!

mussels are good value - fresh Portarlington mussels ~ $10 / kg - cook them on their own or adapt the Spaghetti con Vongole recipe to use mussels - mussels less than 1/2 the price of clams anyway - main challenge - finding pasta - it's around - my son bought a couple of bags in the coffee shop this morning

View attachment 848242
Fortunately I don't care much for pasta or mussels.

This is already a thing of the past as more numbers come in. We’re down to 8th in no time. This virus is staggering.

It's the middle of the night in the States. and most of Europes numbers werent released when you posted this.

We may have gotten lucky and shut down early enough for this not to get as bad as Europe and the States, because new cases aren't accelerating here the way they did in countries who shut things down too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the middle of the night in the States. and most of Europes numbers werent released when you posted this.

We may have gotten lucky and shut down early enough for this not to get as bad as Europe and the States, because new cases aren't accelerating here the way they did in countries who shut things down too late.

In terms of new cases that isn’t what I am reading from the WHO reports. Our last 5 days (existing to new cases) are tracking eerily similarly to Italy 1 March to 5 March. But deaths a lot lower, which is important!

If the rate doesn’t slow down over the next few days, look out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In terms of new cases that isn’t what I am reading from the WHO reports. Our last 5 days (existing to new cases) are tracking eerily similarly to Italy 1 March to 5 March. But deaths a lot lower, which is important!
This freakin virus will provide enough material for Uni statistics courses for the forseeable future - if when we get back to normal

Italy's demographics are diffferent to ours so our death rates will be lower even if the contagion rates aren't managed.

We need 2 weeks to see if the current restrictions have worked, and if they haven't it will be too late to do much by then.

Italy's demographics are diffferent to ours so our death rates will be lower even if the contagion rates aren't managed.
We need 2 weeks to see if the current restrictions have worked, and if they haven't it will be too late to do much by then.
plus it's concentrated in the north - not spread evenly throughout Italy - saw reported that there were possibly some existing respiratory issues in Lombardy (?) due to poor air quality

I believe that the authorities are saying that 90% of these new cases are people returning from overseas. Thankfully they are now getting forced isolation.

Hard to understand/interpret our infection figures when in one day we doubled our testing.
So on one day if the infection rate was 5% and 1000 tests were done there were 50 infections. Next day same infection rate but 2000 tests means 100 people reported as infected.
Which number do you think is reported by the media? Even though the infection rate hasn’t changed.

Hard to understand/interpret our infection figures when in one day we doubled our testing.
So on one day if the infection rate was 5% and 1000 tests were done there were 50 infections. Next day same infection rate but 2000 tests means 100 people reported as infected.
Which number do you think is reported by the media? Even though the infection rate hasn’t changed.
Which ever number scares people enough into self isolating and not going to the beach.

So on one day if the infection rate was 5% and 1000 tests were done there were 50 infections. Next day same infection rate but 2000 tests means 100 people reported as infected. Which number do you think is reported by the media? Even though the infection rate hasn’t changed.
The true stats would be quite complicated (rates, distribtions etc) - the last place to get accurate analysis > accurate reporting of that analysis is..... you guessed it - our media

According to today's stats, our rates have infection have decreased but still need to go lower to see this as manageable. At least some of the shutdown measures seem to working. Most of the new cases over the past couple of days have been cruise ship related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back