Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up early for my yoga and that re.. and stumbled across this.. now explain to me how it is that 5% of active cases are serious/critical.. and how there's a 20% mortality rate in closed cases?

View attachment 852018
It’s because more people are being tested now.

If we've got 5% serious in active cases.. and we've got a death rate of 20% in closed cases.. where's the correlation?

It doesn't make any sense.. there's no credence in 'mild cases'.
The recovered figure is not accurate because people will have had the virus but not been detected.

The footy world underrates how good he was in 2009-2011. He was awesome, regardless of the shanks!

The footy world underrates every Collingwood player bar Grundy for some reason.

If Pendlebury played for Hawks or Geelong, wouldn't hear the end of it.

He basically only played a handful of poor games in 10yrs and that's due to injury.

You can also see it occur when they talk about Daicos and Buckley being the best "Collingwood" players ever and never up there with the best players. It's interesting but definitely there.

The recovered figure is not accurate because people will have had the virus but not been detected.

The only sense I can make of your post is that 20% death rate is bs cause it does not include the 1 mil that have had the virus but have not been detected. But then again.. that wouldn't make any sense either.. why would anyone report something they do not know they have.

Really?

Loved the dialogue in this movie.
My type of movie........very Quentin Tarantino like.
I enjoyed Colin Farrell’s character, but that was about it. Tried to be too clever by half.

Having said that, I find Tarantino very hit or miss too. Loved Django, Inglourious Basterds, Pulp Fiction though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up early for my yoga and that re.. and stumbled across this.. now explain to me how it is that 5% of active cases are serious/critical.. and how there's a 20% mortality rate in closed cases?

View attachment 852018
Serious/critical cases begin as mild cases before deteriorating. Some of the mild cases will become serious. Sone of the cases that are mild today will end in death.
The 95% mild is at a point in time, its nit the percentage of people who will recover onky ever having had a mild case. Over the course of the virus, less than 95% of patients will only have mild conditions.

I enjoyed Colin Farrell’s character, but that was about it. Tried to be too clever by half.

Having said that, I find Tarantino very hit or miss too. Loved Django, Inglourious Basterds, Pulp Fiction though.

Fair enough we all have different opinions......you fell asleep during it so you didn’t see the end I gather?

It was a very clever film imo........one of Guy Ritchie’s best.

Watched this last night also with the family........not a bad animation movie for the family during these crazy times

AAA2FDBC-DA6B-4F1F-8FC5-40D020339E10.jpeg

Dan is a communist donkey.

I know you speak of Dan Andrews, but it seems that everyone is a communist now, including the federal education minister Dan Tehan. Tehan was the guy who last year compared Labor's proposal to subsidise childcare fees for low income workers to communism, but now basks in the glory of offer free universal childcare to all parents.

Crazy times, comrade.

Serious/critical cases begin as mild cases before deteriorating. Some of the mild cases will become serious. Sone of the cases that are mild today will end in death.
The 95% mild is at a point in time, its nit the percentage of people who will recover onky ever having had a mild case. Over the course of the virus, less than 95% of patients will only have mild conditions.

I still don't understand it.. where's the correlation between the top and bottom graph.. unless I'm losing it or perhaps I'm just a vegetable. I dunno.

My interpretation: add the closed to active.. you've got a mil.. 20%.. you've got 200k death.. closing cases were once active.. now how on earth can you have 5% serious in the top graph.. and have 20% in the bottom graph.. simply doesn't make any sense to me..

Last edited:
I still don't understand it.. where's the correlation between the top and bottom graph.. unless I'm losing it or perhaps I'm just a vegetable. I dunno.

You change your avatar as often as I change my jocks, at least once every 3 days I reckon. Can't keep up.

Different countries are testing and recording differently, so it all needs to be taken with a grain if salt anyway.

But essentially if 100 people have it, 5 of them will be in a critical condition. 95 of them won't be. The next day some of the 5 in the critical condition will be dead and will have moved iff the critical condition list and some of the 95 wiill have had their condition worsen and moved onto the critical list.
Don't view the 95% as a % of people who won't get it seriously, that percentage is significantly lower. Its merely a percentage of peoole who have it, but don't have it seriously at the moment. Those who have already died from it are not included in the figyre and those for whom it will become serious are not yet included either. So out of the initial 100, more than 5 will spend time on the critical list.

But i would not pay too much attention to the critical list numbers. If you watch those figures. In some countries they're nit moving much. In some countries I expect its just the number of icu beds that are full, with many more in a critical condition having been triaged out of the icu units.

Last edited:
Golfing with Deb Conway would kill the virus re.. if you're into sweating it out with a nice 8k run.. Carey Grant she reckons.. try Ussain Bolt re.

View attachment 852077
Extremely talented family. Brothers Mic and Jim were in The Captain Matchbox Whoopee Band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back