Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can now get King from the GC.. our recruiting staff should get in the ear of a few of these free agents as well..

And we've probably seen the last of some of our players as well.

Sad times yes.. but we've gotta get on the front foot here.

This post doesn't make any sense either.. considering our recruiters have been shown the door as well.. well the f if I know.

Last edited:
My naturopath, iridologist, and my homeopath have joined forces to come up with an essential oil that will destroy COVID.
I’ve also come up with a sure fire remedy too.

Stay away from everyone, stay at home, isolate.

So far, so good.

:cool:

Not really knowing where to post/if already has,

With talks of list sizes being cut to 35 who do you think are most vulnerable?
What harsh calls will be made?
And or potential benefits ie other clubs who make a harsh call/delist a player that could improve us?

For us 3 that spring to mind are Greenwood, coming off an ACL, the delayed season helps him but beyond this year?

Shaz, well and truely on the outer with better YPU g players needing opportunity

Sier, so much reported don’t need to say more.

Thoughts?

Wondering what people's thoughts are on the possible timing of a return to footy in season 2020?

Up here in Canberra, we hear a lot about the NRL and what their plans are, and I wonder if it would be feasible for the AFL to follow their suit?

The NRL has set up a committee ("Project Apollo*") to look at options for resuming the NRL comp ASAP. The idea which they seem to be enamoured with at the moment is (from June) fly all the players of all 18 NRL clubs up north to an island of the coast of QLD, and after a period of training, resume their competition. All matches would be played at a single venue on the island and they would look to stage 2 games per week before the finals start. Some talk of a Wild Card round before the finals (not sure what that means) and a best of 3 or best of 5 grand final series.

Under the plan, the Auckland Warriors would have to fly over beforehand and undergo 2 weeks of isolation. The plan overcomes the issue of state borders potentially still being closed then, because the players would only have to cross into QLD once (before the start of the season resuming), and a second time (after the grand final series).

The games would be played behind closed doors for many reasons, but would be televised of course.

Sounds like they're dreaming to me, but you have no idea how desperate they are to resume the competition. There is a genuine fear that some of their clubs won't last very long at all if the season is closed down for too long.

I wonder if the AFL would ever contemplate doing something that far out of left field? Is the AFL that keen do you think?

The NRL's idea seems to me like they're guilty of the biggest modern-day sin - trying too hard.

* The name Project Apollo apparently references how difficult it will be in starting up the season again, about as hard as it was to land a man on the moon.
I love the idea, but the idea of convincing all those families to uproot at a time like this sounds pretty unlikely to me. Plus imagine the people on this poor island to have to play host to the whole of the NRL. Jesus.

And or potential benefits ie other clubs who make a harsh call/delist a player that could improve us?

For us 3 that spring to mind are Greenwood, coming off an ACL, the delayed season helps him but beyond this year?

Shaz, well and truely on the outer with better YPU g players needing opportunity

Thoughts?
It depends on whether 35 includes all types of rookie, but it wont be too hard to cut 10-12 players. Until a couple of years ago, it was what we did every year.

That sounds like a competition that believes without the TV revenue from a season, any sort of season at all, they are never coming back. Which is an indictment on their competition.
Absolutely, that's my take on it as well. But the NRL media are beside themselves with worry that their comp is not going to survive this, so they're pumping up this as a realistic possibility. The NRL media's future livelihood depends on it. Maybe a future opportunity for the AFL to come in and fill the void?

I’ve also come up with a sure fire remedy too.

Stay away from everyone, stay at home, isolate.

So far, so good.

:cool:
Considering alcohol based hand sanitiser is supposed to kill the virus, I'm trying to get and maintain my blood alcohol reading to as high a rate as possible. Wish me luck.

Considering alcohol based hand sanitiser is supposed to kill the virus, I'm trying to get and maintain my blood alcohol reading to as high a rate as possible. Wish me luck.

Most of those Hand Sanitizer's are around 80-90% alcohol, so yes, if you could get your BAC to around 90% the virus would probably be dead...

Thoughts?

Beams Greenwood Dunn Reid Appleby all gone imo

Scharenberg might request a trade

Sier Atu and Lynch could easily go too depending on what way the club goes.

Most of those Hand Sanitizer's are around 80-90% alcohol, so yes, if you could get your BAC to around 90% the virus would probably be dead...
Great. I'm two bottles in, how many more bottles of vodka will i need to drink to be safe enough to go to Liquorland in order to buy more vodka?

Thoughts?

Ben Reid's most important role in years is now. Retirement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W.A. border closed from tomorrow for up to six months. That’s the end of season 2020.
That's not to stop people getting in, it's to stop them getting out!

giphy.gif

W.A. border closed from tomorrow for up to six months. That’s the end of season 2020.
Not exactly correct.
  • A person with Police Commissioner Chris Dawson's approval
Wouldn’t think it would be to hard to obtain that.

No idea, I’m afraid. Not my area of expertise, and unlike the orange buffoon I’m not interested in pretending to be an expert in everything!

Did you watch his Saturday presser? Gee, the way he was banging on about Chloroquine was cringeworthy (and friggen’ dangerous), and you could just see Fauci and Birx just wanting to melt ...

Pizza is a bloody good breakfast. I've never understood the theory of breakfast being a totally different meal where bland foods reign supreme. Curry is my favourite breakfast and I wish souvlaki shops had their meat ready to serve at 8 am.
Curry puffs for breky with a cup of tea, milky and sweet. Good memories!

The first thing I'm gonna do after all these restrictions are lifted.. is go to a Deborah Conway gig.. don't wanna throw myself into something full throttle and s**t like that gotta take into account the social isolation shock factor re.. I wanna gradually build up that excitement back in my life again by starting at the very bottom.

The first thing I'm gonna do after all these restrictions are lifted.. is go to a Deborah Conway gig.. don't wanna throw myself into something full throttle and s**t like that gotta take into account the social isolation shock factor re.. I wanna gradually build up that excitement back in my life again by starting at the very bottom.
That will only be the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back