Science/Environment Covid-19 Treatments

Aspirin lowers risk of COVID: New findings support preliminary Israeli trial

The treatment reduced the risk of reaching mechanical ventilation by 44%. ICU admissions were lower by 43%, and an overall in-hospital mortality saw a 47% decrease.

That's interesting.
When i first heard that the disease could cause thrombosis I wondered about Asprin, but early research indicated that it did nothing and i seem to recall some saying it may be harmful in conjunction with the disease.

Luckily there are enough people who take daily Aspirin ( and catching Covid ) to allow the investigation you described.

I think there's enough evidence that taking low dose aspirin lowers your risk of stroke or a heart attack.

Then the study shows that if you take low dose aspirin you are 29% less likely to become infected with Sars-Cov-2 virus.

But if you do get infected, those taking low dose aspirin had reduced risk of several parameters by almost half: reaching mechanical ventilation by 44%, ICU admissions by 43%, and overall in-hospital mortality by 47%.

Yeah its interesting, i wonder if they know what the mechanism is.
Aspirin can help stroke because it affects the platelets in the blood , thinning the blood and preventing some of the natural clotting. People prone to blood clots from heart cavitation benefit from that. Covid19 also interacts with the blood platelets.

However if someone is prone to haemorrhage its to be avoided.

The TGA did not say anything about efficacy either. The three reasons they cited for prohibiting GPs prescribing Ivermectin are :

i) people may not choose to get vaccinated or tested
ii) social media might lead to people taking incorrect dosages
iii) people using Ivermectin for Covid might lead to shortages for those who need it for scabies and parasite infections

What is the correct dose? Who decided?
Medical Authorities have stated that the correct dose is ZERO.

Medical research determines the correct dose like any other.

It's normal that big pharma pushes their own drugs but I don't ever remember so much push back by media and government on alternative cheap and safe drugs that go against the pharma narrative.

I also don't remember medical bureaucrats having the power to override doctor's decisions over their patient's wishes.

The bureaucrats represent more knowledge than your average GP. ( and most GP's have NOT been prescribing Ivermectin ).
You can re-read the history of the stuff and its pretty sad.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

You are stunned that authorities are so dead set against it.
I'm stunned that seemingly reputable people are dead set to sell this particular snake oil.

The alternative to banning doctors from prescribing ivermectin is go after them one at a time for malpractice. Because there is no evidence to suggest that it would work. If their patient dies because they chose ivermectin over immunisation, their doctor killed them.
Its no different from an Engineer not making the building strong enough and ignoring all the standards.

Doctors are not one man research companies.
This is just an instance of what a doctor can be.

You would be hard pressed to find a doctor that did not recommend vaccination. But it's becoming accepted that defeating Sars-Cov-2 will be a mix of vaccines and treatments. Big Pharma will obviously want to maximise profits by promoting expensive treatments and downplaying, or even gaslighting, any cheap alternatives.
"Big Pharma" make far more from hospitalisations than they do from vaccines

Do the quote marks imply that you don't think Big Pharma is a thing?

It seems to me that it's a multi billion dollar industry that spends more on political lobbying and PR than research. It maximises profits by exaggerating the risk of certain health threats, downplays the addictive qualities and other adverse effects of its products, and gaslights other treatments - at the total disregard of the health of the population.
There are certainly problems with some large pharmaceutical companies, and I've actually studied some of the large US players in their dealings primarily in patent farming and "me too" drugs.
That's even before you consider the single-chain supply contracts that are killing the US health system.

The problem is every tin-foil hat wearing nutjob with internet access ignores all of these issues and focusses on vaccines. Vaccine manufacturing isn't the issue.
Arguably, it's the least corrupted sector of the global pharmaceutical industry.

Fluvoxamine?

Nothing seems to work unless the drugs companies can make billions out of it.
Lucky the drugs administered to hospitalised, unvaxxed people are all not for profit...

Fluvoxamine?

Nothing seems to work unless the drugs companies can make billions out of it.

That might stop your obsession with off-label drug treatments.

There are plenty of drug manufacturers who manufacture "generic" medicine. When there is no patent anyone can make it.
If a cheap drug was deemed effective , someone would supply it.

The big companies seem to have method in their research though.
Others seem to think the best way to find a cure is to rummage through the medicine cabinet and try all the different stuff and see if it works.
"Hmmmm this Vicks Vapo rub seems promising when taken anally".

I've got an obsession with drugs that work and a huge suspicion of Big Pharma practices to maximise their profits without any regard to health consequences.

We are talking about cheap drugs that have a longstanding safety record, so at worst they don't do any harm but at best could save many lives. They are gaslighted, not funded for trials, and even prohibited for use.

Whereas the Big Pharma treatments get funded for trials, are approved with no long term safety record and are very expensive.

It is very evident that a single dose of Ivermectin per year will not be effective against Covid.
Ivermectin works as a nerve toxin against parasites. What could possibly go wrong with continual/much higher doses?

Like i said, if "Little Pharma" ( generic drug makers ) saw a market in it, they'd be going gung ho.

The reasons they have prohibited the drugs for use are stated and valid.

0·2 mg/kg for 3 or 5 days seems to be the going rate. From a study in Israel. Patients assigned to the intervention arm received ivermectin in a dosage regimen according to body weight; patients 88 weighing between 40-69 kg received four tablets (=12mg) daily and patients weighing ≥70kg received five tablets 89 (=15mg) daily, all for three days.

It doesn't work as a nerve agent. It acts as an anti-inflammatory to lung function and for mechanisms that block the virus at different stages.

Oh good , there is a "going rate"
You say that it is well proven , but the anti-inflammatory properties for blocking the virus are NOT well proven. Its use at high doses cannot be ruled safe.

We have a drug that was investigated because it killed Covid in the laboratory.
That didn't work in the human body, so now we want to use it because it "might" have anti-inflammatory properties.

It is a proven nerve agent, killing parasites , but it doesn't readily cross the blood brain barrier.
Do i want to have it constantly in my system?

It was 23 June 2021 that PRINCIPLE announced their study into Ivermectin

a safe, broad spectrum antiparasitic drug which is in wide use globally to treat parasitic infections.​
With known antiviral properties, ivermectin has been shown to reduce SARS-CoV-2 replication in laboratory studies. Small pilot studies show that early administration with ivermectin can reduce viral load and the duration of symptoms in some patients with mild COVID-19. Even though ivermectin is used routinely in some countries to treat COVID-19, there is little evidence from large-scale randomised controlled trials to demonstrate that it can speed up recovery from the illness or reduce hospital admission.​

Despite this being a health emergency, several months later - crickets.

From July 8, 2021 the US National Institutes of Health said

There is insufficient evidence for the Panel to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. Results from adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials are needed to provide more specific, evidence-based guidance on the role of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19.​

Despite this being a health emergency, several months later - crickets.

Its use as against malaria was as a nerve agent, If Mosquito's fed on a host with Ivermectin, it killed the Mosquito. It was deemed impractical because entire communities needed to be dosed with Ivermectin on a continual basis.
If it has anti-inflammatory properties that can treat Covid, then that's a co-incidence.
Might as well try every other known drug , just in case it has a good effect against Covid.

That makes no sense. The Oxford University Principle trial and the US National Institute of Health have both said Ivermectin needs to be studied further for its potential to speed up recovery from illness and reduce hospital admission. But many months later in this emergency situation they have done nothing.
That makes no sense. If it is funding they need why haven't the billionaires who have had our best interest at heart like Trump and Palmer stepped in and stumped in some cash.

That makes no sense. The Oxford University Principle trial and the US National Institute of Health have both said Ivermectin needs to be studied further for its potential to speed up recovery from illness and reduce hospital admission. But many months later in this emergency situation they have done nothing.

The more they find out about the studies the less inclined they are to look to Ivermectin as a cure.

What happened to the vaccines giving us herd immunity that would get us back to normal?
Looks like we need a much higher vaccination rate and better treatments for this highly contagious, deadly virus, don’t you agree?

Antihistamines and azithromycin as a treatment for COVID-19 on primary health care – A retrospective observational study in elderly patients.

Between March and April 2020, 84 elderly patients with suspected COVID-19 living in two nursing homes of Yepes, Toledo (Spain) were treated early with antihistamines (dexchlorpheniramine, cetirizine or loratadine), adding azithromycin in the 25 symptomatic cases. The outcomes are retrospectively reported. The primary endpoint is the fatality rate of COVID-19. The secondary endpoints are the hospital and ICU admission rates. Endpoints were compared with the official Spanish rates for the elderly. The mean age of our population was 85 and 48% were over 80 years old. No hospital admissions, deaths, nor adverse drug effects were reported in our patient population. By the end of June, 100% of the residents had positive serology for COVID-19. Although clinical trials are needed to determine the efficacy of both drugs in the treatment of COVID-19, this analysis suggests that primary care diagnosis and treatment with antihistamines, plus azithromycin in selected cases, may treat COVID-19 and prevent progression to severe disease in elderly patients.​

Prevention is better than any cure.

Make sure you are vaccinated and follow government health advice is not that hard to understand.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry, I misquoted the relevant part.
All of our patients evolved satisfactorily and were recovered at the beginning of June. No adverse effects were recorded in any patient and no one required hospital admission. At the end of June, 100% of the residents and almost half of the workers had positive serology for COVID-19, most of them with past infection.​
Comparison of the data from a published study that summarized the characteristics and endpoints of patients from six nursing homes in Albacete, Spain with the corresponding pooled metrics from our sample population. After starting our treatment protocol we observed a mortality rate of 0%. The comparator retirement homes had a mortality rate of 28%.​

Get on the Claratyne

Prevention is better than any cure.

Make sure you are vaccinated and follow government health advice is not that hard to understand.

Whilst the majority of severe cases are unvaccinated , its not all, so treatment of Covid is still a valid discussion.

Back