Mega Thread COVID & AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Team,
as the season is approaching and there’s still much to discuss with regards to covid, please use this thread to talk about it and the potential impacts of it on the AFL season and the league more broadly. Please note however that if you want to talk about the politics of covid, the politics thread is the place for this and political posts in this thread will be deleted, please keep this thread to how it may impact the competition

Question
Could Fyfe as captain sit down with the players in the bench area or are there Covid protocols prohibiting this ?
Or are there just general rules about who can sit there ?

Can’t think that it would be disallowed and personally I’d like to see it happen . Surely he could be providing valuable advice and encouragement

There's only a certain number of players and staff allowed on the playing arena. Exceeding that number results in infraction points.
👍 good explanation thanks .
I was fearing it’s because he didn’t care .

Back to baseline restrictions from this Friday, so NO MORE MASKS unless you're visiting aged care, a hospital, or taking public transport/rideshare/taxi.

No more proof of vax.

No more capacity limits anywhere.

No more close contacts! Only isolating if you actually have COVID. So happy about this!

Can't believe the AFL scheduled our Round 10 game vs. Collingwood at 3.20 on the Sunday - what a load of bollocks. This should have been the Saturday night special, instead they've put Richmond and Essendon, VFL much? I wonder if they regret this given how the last three rounds have panned out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe the AFL scheduled our Round 10 game vs. Collingwood at 3.20 on the Sunday - what a load of bollocks. This should have been the Saturday night special, instead they've put Richmond and Essendon, VFL much? I wonder if they regret this given how the last three rounds have panned out.
They don’t regret any VFL based decision.

They don’t regret any VFL based decision.

You know the Richmond-Essendon game is the Dreamtime game? Probably bigger than Anzac Day soon. No way is our game against Collingwood going to match it.

Dreamtime game always gets the FTA slot on Saturday night

Do you reckon channel 7 will be regretting that the Melbourne v Fremantle game at the MCG is a Saturday twlight on fox not saturday night prime time.

West coast v Bulldogs at Optus is the 7:20 saturday night game that weekend.

Do you reckon channel 7 will be regretting that the Melbourne v Fremantle game at the MCG is a Saturday twlight on fox not saturday night prime time.

West coast v Bulldogs at Optus is the 7:20 saturday night game that weekend.
Nah I reckon watching west coast getting pumped on prime time is great.

Surely norf being dog s**t will make it harder as the number of norf fans wont be as high to drag the crowd number up.

But the ground work has been laid. There will probably be 5,000 ******* Eagles supporters there wearing Eagles strip hoping to get their ugly ******* heads on tv in the hope of being gifted a signed Dockers guernsey.
Got me ****ed why we would do that.
Win this week against Geelong and they will come.

Covid is completely out of control in WA at the moment, we now have the highest daily cases in Australia. I have been holding of going to the foody because of it, as my partner has a lot of health issues, and I cannot afford to catch it. We always thought McGowan pulled the trigger too early with the easing of restrictions particularly with the wearing of masks. Since then the numbers have been skyrocketing, at least until then, they were in manageable numbers and were looking to be coming down. I have no idea where they are going except up.

Covid is completely out of control in WA at the moment, we now have the highest daily cases in Australia. I have been holding of going to the foody because of it, as my partner has a lot of health issues, and I cannot afford to catch it. We always thought McGowan pulled the trigger too early with the easing of restrictions particularly with the wearing of masks. Since then the numbers have been skyrocketing, at least until then, they were in manageable numbers and were looking to be coming down. I have no idea where they are going except up.
My family and I have been to every game this year, masks on, and are yet to have caught it.

At this point I do think it is a matter of when than if at the football however.

My family and I have been to every game this year, masks on, and are yet to have caught it.

At this point I do think it is a matter of when than if at the football however.
The vast majority of people catch it and get over it in a few days
I am completely in agreement with how this was all handled by WA government to get vaccination numbers up but it’s time to move on with the endemic IMHO .
If the intensive care numbers get too high and hospitals are not coping then rethink the strategies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back