Opinion COVID and the Grand Final - the AFL needs to confirm now

Should the AFL reschedule?

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They will relax the requirements for testing. None of us in Melb need to test and technically (but not enforced) to do so if we are unwell.

Come finals, they will require testing if you are sick. Lol and behold, noone will have symptoms.

From the logical point of view this entire conversation is completely pointless, but I hope the AFL follow the lead of the NFL in January, and recently the NBA.
The lead being that multiple players each week were testing positive and missing games, but suddenly come playoffs, there are no more positive tests. The players must have been 'socially distancing' extra hard I guess ;)

Must play on and players must sit out. Can't change the rules for any game this year as 1 home and away game could be difference between making finals or not, making top 4 or not, top 2 or not etc. E.g. Lions will get a huge percentage boost tomorrow night which is unfair for their top 4 rivals but given they are able to take advantage of the situation every other team should be able to as well

Seriously though, how about just not getting COVID?

If you make finals-
wash your hands after piss.
don't be west coast eagle and go out smashing s**t pubs trying to score some ass

I never have any covid it's been really easy, i just don't come out of mum's basement.
simply post on bigfooty instead of having a social life.
go win a ******* flag and then go out and do as much drugs of toilet seats and have as much sex with random people as you can, who cares if you get covid then?

I do wish we consulted Bigfooty way back in March 2020 when everything with this pandemic blew up. If only we thought of washing our hands after having a piss and this whole crisis never would've happened!

Stop testing every second day. The rest of society isn't testing like that so why is the AFL??

Bring the competition back in line with the rest of society. Test when symptomatic.

It’s fairly likely by then that the isolation rules will have been further loosened in the eastern states, and it may not be a problem
I wish I were that confident. Iso rules only really apply to positive cases now, I can't imagine that being relaxed until well after winter.

Edit - actually with a November election theres every chance iso rules are gone by mid September. Why are we even isolating anymore anyway? Pointless.

Last edited:
Back