Opinion Covid, Life, Food & Sheep etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Points deducted for the alarming alcohol:water ratio. Archimedes devised the rule of 4:1 wine:water.
Us Macedonians were the only Greek city state never to mix water with wine and we were a bunch of goat herders not overly philosophical and sh*t like that.. you can see that illiterate goat herder in me at times.. not that often though.. but it's there.. that's why they used to call us barbarians and that re sort of a thing.. every other Greek city state used to mix there water with wine.. can you believe that.. pffffffff.

But from goat herders.. we came good.. put every other Greek city state's house in order.. formed the Hellenic Republic.. and conquered the world.

The pure wine and partying like illiterate goat herders.. was a constant throughout..

I like that...... I like that.

The Collingwood FC could learn from us Macedonians.. how to balance out being colorful.. ruthless.. barbaric.. and smart.. all that sort of sh*t to achieve optimum success.

Last edited:

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just a small portion of what I cooked for yesterday's Easter feast.. you can see the quality it takes to win a Lavazza Turkish Coffee Cup right there mate.. that's it mate! When you're this good.. you can afford to pull out the sunblest and high 5 the crowd at snails pace towards the end of the comp.. sign some signatures.. piss fart around.. take the Mickey.. and still get over the finishing line in 1st place with still no one in sight..

Enjoy..

View attachment 1117860
hope 11 year old food didn’t upset your tummy…

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
hope 11 year old food didn’t upset your tummy…

Murdoch?

Quick.. delete it re.. delete it re.. I'm losing my credibility.. I'm losing my credibility.

Might have to purchase a Mazda.. flash the headlights.. and work my way up back to an even keel re.

Zeus allmighty!

Last edited:

Good Horse

Premium Platinum
Sep 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Us Macedonians were the only Greek city state never to mix water with wine and we were a bunch of goat herders not overly philosophical and sh*t like that.. you can see that illiterate goat herder in me at times.. not that often though.. but it's there.. that's why they used to call us barbarians and that re sort of a thing.. every other Greek city state used to mix there water with wine.. can you believe that.. pffffffff.

But from goat herders.. we came good.. put every other Greek city state's house in order.. formed the Hellenic Republic.. and conquered the world.

The pure wine and partying like illiterate goat herders.. was a constant throughout..

I like that...... I like that.

The Collingwood FC could learn from us Macedonians.. how to balance out being colorful.. ruthless.. barbaric.. and smart.. all that sort of sh*t to achieve optimum success.
At the moment Collingwood is more like the EU, but kind of like a EU where instead of food done by the French, engineering by the Germans, Styling by the Italians and customer service by the Swiss, we have the Germans doing the food, the Italians doing the engineering, style by the Swiss, and the French responsible for customer service.

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had nothing to apologise for.
So, didn’t.
Being exposed as a fraud must hurt.
But just like Buckley, your disciples don’t care about the lies and deceit.
So, play on.
Lighten up! It was obvious that the photo was lifted from online. I don't think the Gimp ever intended that people accept the photo as a real depiction of a feast he had prepared. His good humoured and respectful response to your exposure of the photo's origin seems to have been taken seriously by you. Surely you have greater insight into the intentions of others than to think the Gimp is passing this food spread off as his own creation. He is doing nothing other than having a bit of fun.

JB1975

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 26, 2015
Elsewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lighten up! It was obvious that the photo was lifted from online. I don't think the Gimp ever intended that people accept the photo as a real depiction of a feast he had prepared. His good humoured and respectful response to your exposure of the photo's origin seems to have been taken seriously by you. Surely you have greater insight into the intentions of others than to think the Gimp is passing this food spread off as his own creation. He is doing nothing other than having a bit of fun.
Myself, I didn't even think for a moment that the Gimp's image wasn't genuine.

Saw a big table of food, couldn't help but give it a like.

jathanas

Aug 17, 2011
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U
At the moment Collingwood is more like the EU, but kind of like a EU where instead of food done by the French, engineering by the Germans, Styling by the Italians and customer service by the Swiss, we have the Germans doing the food, the Italians doing the engineering, style by the Swiss, and the French responsible for customer service.
And the Greeks working the budget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The pic looked like it was taken by a Nokia so I checked the timestamp of the image. :) I wasn't sure if it was being passed as a joke. 🤷‍♂️
I have no idea how to check a time stamp. What I do know is that it's not the first time and hopefully won't be last that the Gimp has included in his posts a photo he clearly didn't take and which was obviously not meant to achieve anything other than embellish his narrative. Long live the Gimp!

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Wot da.. you know what I don't understand about this world.. why can't we go to a tree hugging vegan convention and that re with a.. 'who gives a sh*t.. it's only one tree' 'hug your mum.. not a tree' or a 'feed the man meat' sign..

Neos Kosmos..

20210504_080808.jpg

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wot da.. you know what I don't understand about this world.. why can't we go to a tree hugging vegan convention and that re with a.. 'who gives a sh*t.. it's only one tree' 'hug your mum.. not a tree' or a 'feed the man meat' sign..

Neos Kosmos..

View attachment 1118230
It was probably Jathanas's relatives who were incensed by the barbaric way he'd photographed the lunch.

jathanas

Aug 17, 2011
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U
It was probably Jathanas's relatives who were incensed by the barbaric way he'd photographed the lunch.
I suspect that most people found your 2 prawn risotto more unsettling but at least the images were real.. :p

Horrifyingly disturbing or not the food-pics in this thread have been from posters sharing the meals they worked to create with their online buddies. Cutting and pasting random food pics from the web just cheapens the exercise.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
I suspect that most people found your 2 prawn risotto more unsettling but at least the images were real.. :p

Horrifyingly disturbing or not the food-pics in this thread have been from posters sharing the meals they worked to create with their online buddies. Cutting and pasting random food pics from the web just cheapens the exercise.
I made one of my favourite desserts last night.

IMG_20210503_200108.jpg

Step 1: Buy a mango
Step 2: Eat it

Vicky Park

Premium Platinum
Sep 11, 2012
Umm...
AFL Club
Collingwood
Part of me thinks you're trolling the weird cinnaphobes discovered months ago, as I can't imagine the combo with mango. But I'll try it.
I’m one of those cinnaphobes. o_O

I gave @jathanas’ suggested additions a like because they sounded yum. But you could always replace the cinnamon with cardamom, and maybe chuck some chopped pistachios on as well, instead of the walnuts.:)

sideswipe

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m one of those cinnaphobes. o_O

I gave @jathanas’ suggested additions a like because they sounded yum. But you could always replace the cinnamon with cardamom, and maybe chuck some chopped pistachios on as well, instead of the walnuts.:)
Are cinnaphobes the same kind who can't stand coriander? Or are they just separate types of freaks?

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I made one of my favourite desserts last night.

View attachment 1118245

Step 1: Buy a mango
Step 2: Eat it
A lot of my recipes over the course of the last 10-15 yrs have found there way in to cookbooks.. some YouTube try hards I have seen use my recipes as well.. and cause I'm a singer songwriter.. visual artist.. type of thing.. my writing style is such that I like to see it in full view when I'm typing or writing it and that.. first and foremost.. I like to get my ideas down on paper.. post it.. so I can see it in full view.. then make any neccessary amendments and that re.. but is it worth doing 3-4 drafts on here.. dot my i's and cross my t's and that re.. no not really..

Cause I didn't take photos this yr.. thought I'd post food I prepared 11 yrs ago.. but no excuses from me.. I'll be a lil more careful next time..

Remove this Banner Ad