Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Except that I don't have much to say. I noted the dabbling of our Good Horse in MDMA, because other drugs aren't doing the job, and as someone who is being crushed by depression despite the intervention of Lexapro I am happy for the Horse and envious at the same time. I read an article some time ago which hypothesised depression as a fundamental warping of the 'flight or fight' response, usually as the result of childhood trauma, and the theory is ringing true to me these days because the past never feels past. The waves of the present wash over me, but what Nick Cave has called the 'savage undertow' of the past has more power than I can deal with.

Lets see how it goes first JB. It may provide some sort of approach more generally to treatment resistant depression, but the trial I'm in is based on a cohort of C-PTSD candidates where depression is a symptom of that. It's all survivors of prolonged and extreme trauma, and it could be that any efficacy for MDMA is dependent on that being the underlying cause of the depression. Will have to see how general the benefit might be. The theory is that MDMA re-enables a degree of plasticity in the brain allowing damage from past severe traumas and its effect on the brain to be rewired.

I'm prepared to try what I can because I want to want to live if not for me just for the ones I care about. I cant try to die again, can't do that to them.

I'll let you know how the fight from the frontlines go, and in the interim all I can do is tell you there is a horse here to share the burdens in any way and remind you that you are awesome. Its what we are good at. That and majestic trotting, shitting everywhere, pants free interpretive dance, and belly button lint sculpture. But mostly carrying burdens and reminding of awesomeness.

Hi ya'll, busy sucking at Supercoach but just sent this email to a few friends & fam. Thought I'd post it here on the off chance someone maybe interested.

G'day,

I have a 20% off (unlimited use) coupon for www.mrstacky.com.au .

Reason is I bought a strawberry tower set & gave them a good review.

I have read up on the system & it seems great for strawbs. Berries aren't on wet soil/hay & space saver. Please note I haven't actually used it yet but have wanted one for a couple of years.

If anyone is interested let me know & I'll send you the code or anyone else you might know. It's good for one month.

Cheerio,
OA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PS - you're little grammatical teaser's did not go unnoticed.
tbt.gif

Just had my first AZ jab at Jeff's shed. The only painful part was listening to the endless waffle preceding the insertion of the juices. Bit of a wait even though I had made an appointment which I would advise people to do given the length of the walk up line. Actually feeling a sense of achievement getting the vaccine into my system. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Wasn't your jab going to be live streamed?

I knew I forgot something!
Really good to hear that you're a step closer to SEA.

I haven't really given a s**t about the disease - and by Aussie standards have been downright reckless, but there must be some fear lurking at the back of my brain, because I'm pretty happy that I'm now booked in.

Really good to hear that you're a step closer to SEA.

I haven't really given a sh*t about the disease - and by Aussie standards have been downright reckless, but there must be some fear lurking at the back of my brain, because I'm pretty happy that I'm now booked in.
Thanks SR. It gives me something to aim for knowing I could be on a plane early August if borders ease over the next 3 months. The illness doesn't hold any fear with me either, but that's easy to say when you don't have it. I envy the recklessness you have at your disposal. Australians generally don't do recklessness anymore.

Thanks SR. It gives me something to aim for knowing I could be on a plane early August if borders ease over the next 3 months. The illness doesn't hold any fear with me either, but that's easy to say when you don't have it. I envy the recklessness you have at your disposal. Australians generally don't do recklessness anymore.
I've gone through stages of watching a lot of countries covid data closely, but at the moment I'm only watching Mallyasia, because I live there, and Israel, because they've vaccinated their adults. Israel's data is incredibly positive in terms of vaccines. I think most of the world will be frolicking happily by about Christmas. Australia will take a bit longer. But there's good times ahead.

Last edited:
I've gone through stages of watching a lot of countries covid data closely, but at the moment I'm only watching Mallyasia, because I live there, and Israel, because they've vaccinated their adults. Israel's data is incredibly positive in terms of vaccines. I think most of the world will be frolicking happily by about Christmas. Australia will take a bit longer. But there's good times ahead.

Frolics can be dangerous. That’s what that little lamb on jathanas place was doing a week or so ago.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back