Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think I am going to disappoint - I don't eat coriander much to the displeasure of my Lebanese friends. They have it in almost everything and make my plate separately. They can't believe it.
There is a genetic thing behind some people who don't like coriander. If you think it tastes like soap, you could be one of them. I don't want to use the term mutant...

There is a genetic thing behind some people who don't like coriander. If you think it tastes like soap, you could be one of them. I don't want to use the term mutant...

If coriander tastes like soap, we could all really save some time in the morning by having a delicious breakfast in the shower.

Next time take a front on pic with a particular focus on the eyes.

Next time I'm taking a video of it grazing happily with mummy, along with soppy music.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Whenever I don't have enough time to make my Lavazza style award winnin sweets and *en s**t like that.. and I've got a Tinder date coming over.. I'll quickly head down to iga or whatever.. grab a box of rafaela ciucos or whatever the * they're called.. put em in in a bowl.. and memorize the ingredients.. California almonds and exotic coconut from the Pacific islands.. s**t like that.. so that when she comes over and asks.. oh did you make those for me.. I'm like.. yeah man.. then just blurt the ingredients I out and that re.. and if she asks me how I made em.. I go.. that's not important.. it took time and that re.. but it was well worth it.. enjoy..

And the rest my friends is history..

Am I a great or what re.

Last edited:
Next time take a front on pic with a particular focus on the eyes.

If you re-look at the photo, I think Jathanas may have gone squeamish himself and cooked it without the head. Surely that's not the traditional Greek way? But neither is Danish feta ...

I think I am going to disappoint - I don't eat coriander much to the displeasure of my Lebanese friends. They have it in almost everything and make my plate separately. They can't believe it.

I’m sorry about the seriously weird jibe.:(

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Had my Karl Lagerfeld's delivered from Paris this morning.. amazing boot.. the leather design zipper shape.. absolutely sublime. The leather kicks in as soon as you chuck these beauties on.. contours to the shape of your foot almost instantly.. like they were made.. just for you. Zipper gives the added adv of showing of a bit of sock to attract extra attention on a night out. Great for all occasions.. office formal or a casual night out on the town with friends.. day time meeting with friends.. day or night at the footy.. versatility with a splash of A1 class.. that's this boot right there.. classy 50 shades of sexy eye catching yet subtle dressed for success allrounder..

Enjoy..

20210504_113312.jpg

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lighten up! It was obvious that the photo was lifted from online. I don't think the Gimp ever intended that people accept the photo as a real depiction of a feast he had prepared. His good humoured and respectful response to your exposure of the photo's origin seems to have been taken seriously by you. Surely you have greater insight into the intentions of others than to think the Gimp is passing this food spread off as his own creation. He is doing nothing other than having a bit of fun.
It was the double down on the lie that got me. I just thought how ridiculous it was to be so blatantly untruthful. I was going to leave it at that.
When you questioned the quality of the pic he simply doubled down on the lie by pretending to have edited it.
When that happens we don’t really have a choice but to call it out.

It was the double down on the lie that got me. I just thought how ridiculous it was to be so blatantly untruthful. I was going to leave it at that.
When you questioned the quality of the pic he simply doubled down on the lie by pretending to have edited it.

And then he had us all convinced that you'd PM'ed him an apology.

I'm outraged. I could report it the cops for blatant fraud.

Or I could accept that I didn't get the joke. It's ok to not get the joke, truth be known, I rarely ever know what Gimp is talking about, so I just give it a like to pretend that I got the joke.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Can see why you'd complain about something trivial like someone not standing 1 millimetre behind the new covid normal 1.5m line at Aldi re.. chillax mate. This guy re.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why would you expect him to admit the lie? What's the point of pretending for the sake of entertainment if you are going to admit the lie when you're called out. It's like a magician explaining how he did a trick or Santa Claus admitting he's not real. As you say, it was so blatantly untruthful. There was no need to admit deception for the bleeding obvious.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Or I could accept that I didn't get the joke. It's ok to not get the joke, truth be known, I rarely ever know what Gimp is talking about, so I just give it a like to pretend that I got the joke.
If the Nid were to call out the Gimp for every time the latter claimed they had a few drinks at the Dewdrop Inn, PMed each other or the Gimp picked up a carcass from the Nid's farm, then OE would be a regular on here. The world would be a boring place if we only ever spoke the truth.

Why would you expect him to admit the lie? What's the point of pretending for the sake of entertainment if you are going to admit the lie when you're called out. It's like a magician explaining how he did a trick or Santa Claus admitting he's not real. As you say, it was so blatantly untruthful. There was no need to admit deception for the bleeding obvious.

B_W probably called it out because in the 1100+ pages of this thread everybody else has posted pics of their own food.

It's no big deal. I'm sure everyone will sleep like a baby tonight including the Gimp but let's not pile it on B_W for failing to see something that might have been obvious to you. It wasn't obvious to me either.

It's done and dusted, let's move on.

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Had my Karl Lagerfeld's delivered from Paris this morning.. amazing boot.. the leather design zipper shape.. absolutely sublime. The leather kicks in as soon as you chuck these beauties on.. contours to the shape of your foot almost instantly.. like they were made.. just for you. Zipper gives the added adv of showing of a bit of sock to attract extra attention on a night out. Great for all occasions.. office formal or a casual night out on the town with friends.. day time meeting with friends.. day or night at the footy.. versatility with a splash of A1 class.. that's this boot right there.. classy 50 shades of sexy eye catching yet subtle dressed for success allrounder..

Enjoy..

View attachment 1118330
Great looking wheels Gimpy

Extra kudos for weaving a flokati from pensioner pubes

The 'they PM'd to apologise' gets a bit old and boring especially when caught out in a lie.

I don't take it as a joke nor find it amusing.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pensioner pubes is a wonderfully evocative expression. I can see it becoming a collocation.

If you use the word collocation at Dimples.. zero chance of picking up my friend.. my mate Spiro would probably whack you a beauty for ******* it all up re.. but I know you well enough I'd probably just say.. forget about it mate but I'm going solo if I'm gonna go and pick up next time the opportunity arises and that re sort of a thing.

If you use the word collocation at Dimples.. zero chance of picking up my friend.. my mate Spiro would probably whack you a beauty for ******* it all up re.. but I know you well enough I'd probably just say.. forget about it mate but I'm going solo if I'm gonna go and pick up next time the opportunity arises and that re sort of a thing.
Sad thing is I probably use the word 4 times a day.

Good Horse

Cancelled
Collingwood - Caleb Poulter Player Sponsor 2022 Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020
Sep 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I PM'd the Gimp to tell him he is a magnificent Greek Stallion and I'd like to empty his belly button at his earliest convenience.

OK, that was after several bottles of tequila, but the belly button bit still holds.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I PM'd the Gimp to tell him he is a magnificent Greek Stallion and I'd like to empty his belly button at his earliest convenience.

OK, that was after several bottles of tequila, but the belly button bit still holds.

Thanks for PM'ing this morning with an apology for not showing up at the Dew Drop Inn last week.. after you rsvp'd me via PM the day before the game notifying me that you were going to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back