Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me thinks you're trolling the weird cinnaphobes discovered months ago, as I can't imagine the combo with mango. But I'll try it.
Greek yoghurt and mango is fantastic.
I have it quite often for breakfast.
Not sure about the walnuts and honey.
Walnuts I would try but not the honey. Not a big fan of sweet stuff.

Greek yoghurt and mango is fantastic.
I have it quite often for breakfast.
Not sure about the walnuts and honey.
Walnuts I would try but not the honey. Not a big fan of sweet stuff.
You’re sweet enough?

I am pretty sick of the faux outrage at the government’s decision to ban flights from India during the current crisis over there.
I listened to a person on ABC radio a couple of days ago stating how the government were possibly letting Australians die from Covid in India. And that this was their responsibility. Not once was the question asked of this person would he take responsibility if the virus was imported from India and Australians here died? It was an obvious retort to the accusation.
And the media/social media is full of “examples” that supposedly allow free access at all times for Australians to return to this country. This ignores the fact that the biosecurity act allows for these extraordinary measures.
People need to understand that things have changed, that the virus has taken away some of our rights for the protection of the majority.
This is the reality of 2021.

I don't know about faux outrage, some of it seems genuine enough.

India's public health system is never far from crisis for most people and right now it is a humanitarian nightmare. In most circumstances of disaster, a government might pledge its determination to get its own citizens out of danger, rather than shutting down any such effort and criminalising it.

Just because something finds its way into an amended piece of legislation doesn't make it right.

Not that I feel outraged, probably too desensitised for that sort of business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of COVID discussion has taken place but this thread stopped being solely about the pandemic about 3 days into the 1st lockdown. :)

*Swipey's $4.39 epidiology degree (purchased from AliExpress with a 20% off discount token) qualifies him to comment as an authority in the new thread but to experience VP's high-tech gifs and JB's (not the Greek one) world class waffling, one still needs to visit here.

Nothing like a cup of civet poo to start the day.

Civet is also the source of one of the most powerful perfume bases (civet musk). Used in the 40s-80s it was very, very pungent and "animalic" for lack of a better word.

Civet is also the source of one of the most powerful perfume bases (civet musk). Used in the 40s-80s it was very, very pungent and "animalic" for lack of a better word.

I'm assuming this is the base note for Gimp's fragrance line.

I am pretty sick of the faux outrage at the government’s decision to ban flights from India during the current crisis over there.
I listened to a person on ABC radio a couple of days ago stating how the government were possibly letting Australians die from Covid in India. And that this was their responsibility. Not once was the question asked of this person would he take responsibility if the virus was imported from India and Australians here died? It was an obvious retort to the accusation.
And the media/social media is full of “examples” that supposedly allow free access at all times for Australians to return to this country. This ignores the fact that the biosecurity act allows for these extraordinary measures.
People need to understand that things have changed, that the virus has taken away some of our rights for the protection of the majority.
This is the reality of 2021.

The other reality is that lots of visas have expired. When a foreignor in Australia has their visa expire, Australia isn't lenient and makes them jump through hoops with threats of fines and banning future entry - unless they offer a benefit to Australia. Meanwhile, by banning travel from certain areas, we aren't letting Australian's whose visas have expired enter the country, thus relying on other countries to offer good will and extend visas. If other countries acted like Australia, we would have exported a heap of refugees with no legal right to be in any country, but other countries aren't as selfish as Australia has become and are offering clemency and understanding.

The outrage isn't faux. We're not willing to turn off climate control in quarantine hotels in order to stop the airborne spread of these new strains, because that would cause complaints in Australia where Australian journalists have access. So instead of having 2 weeks in the discomfort of a quarantine hotel without climate control. We're giving a heap of Australians a lot of months locked into their apartments where they'll probably end up catching covid anyway and are likely to not have access to medical facilities.

Last edited:
It's what ottoman bathes in and gargles with.

If I am arrested trying to illegally enter Turkey a some stage, you will know why. I blame the Ecstacy. And the irresistable scent of raw ottoman enhanced by civet musk. Please, someone restrain me like Ulysses passing the sirens, or I shall be lost. No seriously, get out the tack. And the thousand island dressing. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............................

Lots of COVID discussion has taken place but this thread stopped being solely about the pandemic about 3 days into the 1st lockdown. :)

*Swipey's $4.39 epidiology degree (purchased from AliExpress with a 20% off discount token) qualifies him to comment as an authority in the new thread but to experience VP's high-tech gifs and JB's (not the Greek one) world class waffling, one still needs to visit here.

The rebranding of the thread and the effort to make it irrelevant with a 'real' Covid thread is unfortunate.

As if this thread wasn't always about Covid and all of the maddening implications of it! Whatever weird s**t has been discussed here, all of the elements of this place have always been held together by the pandemic, and the thread itself is nothing if not an artefact of the whole experience.

Who doesn't understand this?

I posted in the 'new' Covid thread; it was a mistake. This is the Covid thread. This is the food thread. The sheep thread. The magpies on the balcony thread. The white pants which never arrive during lockdown thread...Knights in white tight pants, never reaching the end, so many posts I've written, too bored not to send...

As a tribute to this collective fart, and as an apology for venturing into the usurper thread, I return to the days of my waffling. It is my special talent to say nothing of substance in more words than anyone else, a talent which became most pronounced in this very place, and I stand as proud and as verbose as I always was.

Except that I don't have much to say. I noted the dabbling of our Good Horse in MDMA, because other drugs aren't doing the job, and as someone who is being crushed by depression despite the intervention of Lexapro I am happy for the Horse and envious at the same time. I read an article some time ago which hypothesised depression as a fundamental warping of the 'flight or fight' response, usually as the result of childhood trauma, and the theory is ringing true to me these days because the past never feels past. The waves of the present wash over me, but what Nick Cave has called the 'savage undertow' of the past has more power than I can deal with.

To continue this waffle on a more cheery note, I watched an enjoyable documentary on Stan last night: I Am Ali (2014). My relationship with boxing has always troubled me a bit, because violence is bad, but Ali was never just a fighter. He was a great shining light of a man who also happened to be masterful in the ring, and the documentary does a good job of representing his beauty.

Hugs to all. Xox.

They're smelly beasts. They're a bit like possums and get into your roof. When they piss, your house absolutely stinks.

The rebranding of the thread and the effort to make it irrelevant with a 'real' Covid thread is unfortunate.

As if this thread wasn't always about Covid and all of the maddening implications of it! Whatever weird sh*t has been discussed here, all of the elements of this place have always been held together by the pandemic, and the thread itself is nothing if not an artefact of the whole experience.

Who doesn't understand this?

I posted in the 'new' Covid thread; it was a mistake. This is the Covid thread. This is the food thread. The sheep thread. The magpies on the balcony thread. The white pants which never arrive during lockdown thread...Knights in white tight pants, never reaching the end, so many posts I've written, too bored not to send...

As a tribute to this collective fart, and as an apology for venturing into the usurper thread, I return to the days of my waffling. It is my special talent to say nothing of substance in more words than anyone else, a talent which became most pronounced in this very place, and I stand as proud and as verbose as I always was.

Except that I don't have much to say. I noted the dabbling of our Good Horse in MDMA, because other drugs aren't doing the job, and as someone who is being crushed by depression despite the intervention of Lexapro I am happy for the Horse and envious at the same time. I read an article some time ago which hypothesised depression as a fundamental warping of the 'flight or fight' response, usually as the result of childhood trauma, and the theory is ringing true to me these days because the past never feels past. The waves of the present wash over me, but what Nick Cave has called the 'savage undertow' of the past has more power than I can deal with.

To continue this waffle on a more cheery note, I watched an enjoyable documentary on Stan last night: I Am Ali (2014). My relationship with boxing has always troubled me a bit, because violence is bad, but Ali was never just a fighter. He was a great shining light of a man who also happened to be masterful in the ring, and the documentary does a good job of representing his beauty.

Hugs to all. Xox.
Good waffle JB. I had a bit of a boxing controversy at home a few weeks back. I was watching the World title fight between Shannon "The BabyFace* Assassin" Courtenay and Aussie Ebanie "The Blonde Bomber" Bridges.

* Yes it should be "Baby Faced". This irks me considerably.

Wife and daughter walk in. Call me a creep and a pervert for watching what they described as women's mud wrestling.

That's what I get for supporting women's sport.

For what it's worth, Shannon punched the living suitcase out of our Ebanie. But Ebanie won the weigh-in. Google it.

And in Covid news, I thought I should try booking in for a vaccination. Went through the internet to find a local clinic. Phoned them, eventually got through. They told me they won't be able to help me until July...

Edit: but then I easily booked online to get jabbed at Prahran Town Hall next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back