Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To continue this waffle on a more cheery note, I watched an enjoyable documentary on Stan last night: I Am Ali (2014). My relationship with boxing has always troubled me a bit, because violence is bad, but Ali was never just a fighter. He was a great shining light of a man who also happened to be masterful in the ring, and the documentary does a good job of representing his beauty.

Hugs to all. Xox.

Outstanding waffle JB.

Ali features in the "Godfather of Harlem" series also on Stan. It's semi-fiction based on the true story of Bumpy Johnson. Cool series.

I hope your mind starts playing nice with you brother. J X

Just shy of 30,000 posts and the thread title cops a change. This will only strengthen the undeniable power of the Forget Covid thread. The newly-created Rebel Covid thread will disappear into the ether.

Changed my mind about just liking this post. I love it.

I'm assuming this is the base note for Gimp's fragrance line.

The Gimp is looking to attract so I doubt he'd go with it. I, on the other hand, splash a bit behind my ears when I'm looking to get out of social engagements that my wife is trying to insist upon. I highly recommend it. Civet urine has got some classic notes that really help to repel your spouse - when that need arises.

Lots of COVID discussion has taken place but this thread stopped being solely about the pandemic about 3 days into the 1st lockdown. :)

*Swipey's $4.39 epidiology degree (purchased from AliExpress with a 20% off discount token) qualifies him to comment as an authority in the new thread but to experience VP's high-tech gifs and JB's (not the Greek one) world class waffling, one still needs to visit here.

Good waffle JB. I had a bit of a boxing controversy at home a few weeks back. I was watching the World title fight between Shannon "The BabyFace* Assassin" Courtenay and Aussie Ebanie "The Blonde Bomber" Bridges.

* Yes it should be "Baby Faced". This irks me considerably.

Wife and daughter walk in. Call me a creep and a pervert for watching what they described as women's mud wrestling.

That's what I get for supporting women's sport.

For what it's worth, Shannon punched the living suitcase out of our Ebanie. But Ebanie won the weigh-in. Google it.

And in Covid news, I thought I should try booking in for a vaccination. Went through the internet to find a local clinic. Phoned them, eventually got through. They told me they won't be able to help me until July...

Edit: but then I easily booked online to get jabbed at Prahran Town Hall next week.

I saw some of the promotional build-up to Courtenay v Bridges, which I guess signals that it was successful, as does the fact that it attracted the eyeballs of a discerning sports lover such as yourself.

But I think it's harsh to diminish women's boxing as akin to mud wrestling and to cast a slight on both at the same time. They are highly skilled pursuits demanding a positioning and movement of the human form which is at once athletic and artistic.

No doubt that Bridges looked to capitalise on certain 'assets' in touting the bout, but champs like Katie Taylor (a phenomenal fighter) and Claressa
(yep, an 'e' instead of an 'i') Shields are proof that women's boxing has a lot more going for it than the spectacle of chicks smashing each other.

Congrats on your own imminent jabbing. I should do something about that as well.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I saw some of the promotional build-up to Courtenay v Bridges, which I guess signals that it was successful, as does the fact that it attracted the eyeballs of a discerning sports lover such as yourself.

But I think it's harsh to diminish women's boxing as akin to mud wrestling and to cast a slight on both at the same time. They are highly skilled pursuits demanding a positioning and movement of the human form which is at once athletic and artistic.

No doubt that Bridges looked to capitalise on certain 'assets' in touting the bout, but champs like Katie Taylor (a phenomenal fighter) and Claressa
(yep, an 'e' instead of an 'i') Shields are proof that women's boxing has a lot more going for it than the spectacle of chicks smashing each other.

Congrats on your own imminent jabbing. I should do something about that as well.
For once I was wrongly accused of having bad motives. I was interested in that fight only because I lucked onto the Babyface Assassin's previous fight (which contained a superb knockout punch delivered from a different suburb - see 3:50 below) late last year. I knew nothing of Ms Bridges until the infamous weigh in.

I am a sports fan man.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

F***!
4 BBQ stores one day, meat shop the next. Wonder what BBQ part he was trying to source to cook his lambykins on Greek Easter Sunday? Although 3pm a bit late on Sunday. More likely just a dumb skip who didn't plan his meat for the weekend.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just had my first AZ jab at Jeff's shed. The only painful part was listening to the endless waffle preceding the insertion of the juices. Bit of a wait even though I had made an appointment which I would advise people to do given the length of the walk up line. Actually feeling a sense of achievement getting the vaccine into my system. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Just had my first AZ jab at Jeff's shed. The only painful part was listening to the endless waffle preceding the insertion of the juices. Bit of a wait even though I had made an appointment which I would advise people to do given the length of the walk up line. Actually feeling a sense of achievement getting the vaccine into my system. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Well done mate! It's the first step of the 1000 mile journey home to a normal life. X

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong.
It's hard to stop a train, (some people make it look easy).
1620193356178.png

This thread has suffered in the absence of TKiL. Expression standards have dropped and the written form of many has become lazy.

Their was nobody else to help posters lift they're game.

Nek minnit, mutton and hogget are used interchangeably! :eek::eek::eek::eek: As if there the same thing!!!!!

NMBB

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
This thread has suffered in the absence of TKiL. Expression standards have dropped and the written form of many has become lazy.

Nek minnit, mutton and hogget are used interchangeably! :eek::eek::eek::eek: As if there the same thing!!!!!
That TKil was certainly a legend - club should recruit him to help the head coach speak in plain language!

NMBB

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood

PS - you're little grammatical teaser's did not go unnoticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back