Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What are they protesting about?
I don't know. As you were there you could maybe have asked some of them?

At a guess I would say it would be a mixture of loss of business, some which have permanently closed down after being unfortunate enough to have a business in the most locked down city in the world. Being in a job where you cant "work from home", bit hard working from home as a tradie for eg. Lack of consistency with Government rules, mandates and interventions with a lot not making any sense. Job losses if you don't wish to be vaccinated. Separation from family and friends for a good percentage of a year. Some people with genuine reasons for not wanting to be vaccinated etc etc

Not everyone is a public servant who have not lost 1 dollar during this time or a casual worker who have actually made more sitting at home on job keeper/seeker.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
There’s not even 5,000 in that pic.
They’d fit into Rod Laver Arena with a spare seat next to each of them.
You really have to get out amongst some crowds to be able to judge, because you certainly can’t judge now.

On another note, can you point me to the ch9 “hundreds of thousands” comment?
I can’t find it.

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't know. As you were there you could maybe have asked some of them?

At a guess I would say it would be a mixture of loss of business, some which have permanently closed down after being unfortunate enough to have a business in the most locked down city in the world. Being in a job where you cant "work from home", bit hard working from home as a tradie for eg. Lack of consistency with Government rules, mandates and interventions with a lot not making any sense. Job losses if you don't wish to be vaccinated. Separation from family and friends for a good percentage of a year. Some people with genuine reasons for not wanting to be vaccinated etc etc

Not everyone is a public servant who have not lost 1 dollar during this time or a casual worker who have actually made more sitting at home on job keeper/seeker.
So they are protesting about something that has happened instead of being out there enjoying the results of all the pain?
You know, out there working, shopping, going to a restaurant, going to the movies, going to theatre….. the list goes on.
Those who understand what has been done, and why vaccination is the way forward, are out doing all those things.

As an aside, just been to Bunnings and an idiot at the front of the check in queue had no certificate so was refused entry.
Stormed off saying loudly “You’ll lose a lot of customers”.
Now I work in the building supply industry and I know that we all have to check for double vaccination before granting entry. So where does this genius think he’s going to shop for timber/hardware?
He’s in for a big shock.

I don't think it makes much difference really, 2k or 100k nation wide.

It's unfortunate that for many these circumstances have put them into this situation but let's not lose perspective. How many people weren't protesting?
The other reason why the number is insignificant is that no one knows how many are protesting for what. Its just a big collection of disgruntled. Some are protesting the bill, others the vaccine mandates, others vaccination in general, lockdown, big pharma, Bill Gates, Dan, etc..

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
So they are protesting about something that has happened instead of being out there enjoying the results of all the pain?
You know, out there working, shopping, going to a restaurant, going to the movies, going to theatre….. the list goes on.
Those who understand what has been done, and why vaccination is the way forward, are out doing all those things.

As an aside, just been to Bunnings and an idiot at the front of the check in queue had no certificate so was refused entry.
Stormed off saying loudly “You’ll lose a lot of customers”.
Now I work in the building supply industry and I know that we all have to check for double vaccination before granting entry. So where does this genius think he’s going to shop for timber/hardware?
He’s in for a big shock.
I guess there is a lot of people angry about whats happened, human nature. There is still many rules and regulations not making much sense, with the bloody masks outdoors a big one. Try getting into some of the other states in Australia even when your fully vaccinated. etc.

The majority of us have been vaccinated, yes I believe the vaccinations are a good thing but everyone has there own perception on the whole package including lockdowns, mandates, rules and regulations etc. Not everybody sharers the same thought process and some have been affected more then others.

Oct 21, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I guess there is a lot of people angry about whats happened, human nature. There is still many rules and regulations not making much sense, with the bloody masks outdoors a big one. Try getting into some of the other states in Australia even when your fully vaccinated. etc.

The majority of us have been vaccinated, yes I believe the vaccinations are a good thing but everyone has there own perception on the whole package including lockdowns, mandates, rules and regulations etc. Not everybody sharers the same thought process and some have been affected more then others.

Sorry for being dumb but when do you still need a mask outdoors now?

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry for being dumb but when do you still need a mask outdoors now?
you can come and work in our minesites where we need to wear the bloody things. Even when your doing a service on a digger by yourself. Shopping today for the first time in a long while, masks still required to shop in NSW. Our wedding that we have put off 4 times in the last 18 months you still have to wear the bloody things. Fully vaccinated doesn't make any difference.

leon123

Club Legend
May 23, 2017
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
you can come and work in our minesites where we need to wear the bloody things. Even when your doing a service on a digger by yourself. Shopping today for the first time in a long while, masks still required to shop in NSW. Our wedding that we have put off 4 times in the last 18 months you still have to wear the bloody things. Fully vaccinated doesn't make any difference.

I guess we were bit harder when i was a kid

1637467543039.png

Oct 21, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

you can come and work in our minesites where we need to wear the bloody things.

Not in Vic to my knowledge unless it's part of standard OHS PPE for the site. Happy to be corrected.

Shopping today for the first time in a long while, masks still required to shop in NSW

Thats's not outdoors though. And not Vic.

Our wedding that we have put off 4 times in the last 18 months you still have to wear the bloody things. Fully vaccinated doesn't make any difference.

Only required at weddings in Vic if vaccination status is not known and not being checked.

So again, what are these outdoor mask rules that are being protested against in Victoria at the moment?

I just get the feeling people at these protests are just generally angry, which is fine but they often don't understand the actual situation or rules and mainly just want to vent their anger somewhere and nothing you have said kind of removes that impression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not in Vic to my knowledge unless it's part of standard OHS PPE for the site. Happy to be corrected.

Shopping today for the first time in a long while, masks still required to shop in NSW

Our wedding that we have put off 4 times in the last 18 months you still have to wear the bloody things. Fully vaccinated doesn't make any difference.

Only required at weddings in Vic if vaccination status is not known and not being checked.

So again, what are these outdoor mask rules that are being protested against in Victoria at the moment?

I just get the feeling people at these protests are just generally angry, which is fine but they often don't understand the actual situation or rules and mainly just want to vent their anger somewhere and nothing you have said kind of removes that impression.
NSW mines and no we have never had to wear face masks before. Not standard PPE. Dont know the current rules of Victoria with masks. When were you allowed to go wild and remove masks outdoors in Vic, few weeks ago?. When they finally let you out to fish and play golf?

No apple sauce/sweet ginger with pork?

No plum sauce/compote with duck?

Plum sauce works very well on occasion Spidey, even if I don't cook w' it at home.

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood

There’s a RECOMMENDATION that you wear masks outdoors if you cannot maintain 1.5mtr distance.
You will not get fined though, so no mandate, no law.

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
You really have to get out amongst some crowds to be able to judge, because you certainly can’t judge now.

I can’t find it.
so you rekon

I can’t find it.
righto then, whatever number you think we will run with it

Anyway last weeks protests which by many reports was smaller then this weekend had some drone footage where Channel 9 at the start of there headlines last week said hundred of thousands, whether that's right or not who knows but that's what was on the sydney channel 9 news.

Footage attached but there's probably only a dozen or so there

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
so you rekon

righto then, whatever number you think we will run with it

Anyway last weeks protests which by many reports was smaller then this weekend had some drone footage where Channel 9 at the start of there headlines last week said hundred of thousands, whether that's right or not who knows but that's what was on the sydney channel 9 news.

Footage attached but there's probably only a dozen or so there

So your changing your first bit of “proof”.
We’ve all seen the drone footage before, when it was claimed to show 100,000 people.
Consensus on this thread was about 40-50,000.
Again, if you believe there’s more than that there you need to come out into the light….

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
So your changing your first bit of “proof”.
We’ve all seen the drone footage before, when it was claimed to show 100,000 people.
Consensus on this thread was about 40-50,000.
Again, if you believe there’s more than that there you need to come out into the light….
“ consensus amongst this thread”. Lol. Are these the same posters that claim such things as “ could fit them into rod laver arena, only 2000, lucky to be 5000 when the general “ consensus “ last week was 40,50 000 from the drone footage and yesterday’s was a bigger rally.? Who the hell knows the exact number.

JB007

Cancelled
Feb 25, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
The other reason why the number is insignificant is that no one knows how many are protesting for what. Its just a big collection of disgruntled. Some are protesting the bill, others the vaccine mandates, others vaccination in general, lockdown, big pharma, Bill Gates, Dan, etc..

I have been to the last three protests……….the one three weeks ago I dragged the family along.

I would say from being there that the majority of people are protesting this ridiculous Bill. That is my reason for going.

Now for the crowds if you‘re interested.

3 weeks ago approximately 20,000

2 weeks ago close to 100,000

Yesterday was amazing…………..I would say 150,000 +

A video on YouTube by Arrow clearly shows how huge it was but it doesn’t satisfy the people who follow MSM and think all protesters are extremists…………yesterday was the most diverse crowd I have ever seen.

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been to the last three protests……….the one three weeks ago I dragged the family along.

I would say from being there that the majority of people are protesting this ridiculous Bill. That is my reason for going.

A video on YouTube by Arrow clearly shows how huge it was but it doesn’t satisfy the people who follow MSM and think all protesters are extremists…………yesterday was the most diverse crowd I have ever seen.
Exactly

why there’s so much support for the governments actions,mandates, rules, lockdowns , mistakes amongst Big footy members is staggering.
Anyway hopefully they are enjoying their freedoms for awhile while forgiving and forgetting being the most locked down city in the world.
Anyone want to lay a bet that lockdowns and government mandates are a thing of the past? I give it a few months

I haven’t looked into the bill, but I say good luck to those protesting the bill and it looks like they're having some effect with changes already announced. I'm not impressed though that the organisers have allowed the protests to become an outlet for every dissenting voice under the sun. I worry that in the new protest landscape, demandless venting will become the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back