Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Books etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

jmac70

Lover of IPA
Apr 10, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't know. As you were there you could maybe have asked some of them?

At a guess I would say it would be a mixture of loss of business, some which have permanently closed down after being unfortunate enough to have a business in the most locked down city in the world. Being in a job where you cant "work from home", bit hard working from home as a tradie for eg. Lack of consistency with Government rules, mandates and interventions with a lot not making any sense. Job losses if you don't wish to be vaccinated. Separation from family and friends for a good percentage of a year. Some people with genuine reasons for not wanting to be vaccinated etc etc

Not everyone is a public servant who have not lost 1 dollar during this time or a casual worker who have actually made more sitting at home on job keeper/seeker.
Yeah, stopping for a chat with a moron isn’t high on my wish list. Particularly when surrounded by them.

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gee you can go overboard sometimes.
Are you seriously happy with the way that post was written?
It was an attack on a persons life choices. Particularly grating after only 24 hours earlier we saw the best of the AFL and North Melbournes acceptance of Dani Laidley.
For what it’s worth I don’t believe that the paint can incident was an attack on the person because of the father being a supporter of the bill before parliament.
But the way the post was written was to degrade and mock a persons life choices. In an open forum with people who may be struggling with those same life choices.
Simply disgusting.

Drought Break

All Australian
May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gee you can go overboard sometimes.
Sounds like
Interesting you complain so much even though your industry in you state doesn‘t even require vaccination to work in.

View attachment 1284700
We still talking about masks?Yeh we are all wearing them due to the love of it. I guess a person who is actually working at these multiple mine sites would not know 🙄 We also have several that covid test every day just to get site access. The good old swab up the nose.

Have you looked into BHP”s policy? No jab no job so don’t claim to be a know all when you don’t even work in the industry

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree, but I do think opposition parties gauge a level of their resistance to bills from the sentiment in the community, so I do think it will be a victory to both sides.
The opposition parties won’t be the ones making the changes.
The independents will. The opposition can’t be high fiving anyone after the latest polls figures.

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sounds like

Yeh we are all wearing them due to the love of it. I guess a person who is actually working at these multiple mine sites would not know 🙄 We also have several that covid test every day just to get site access. The good old swab up the nose.
I get a camera stuck up my nose, all the way up into the sinus cavity in front of the brain, on regular occasions.
The covid test is nothing!

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
We still talking about masks?Yeh we are all wearing them due to the love of it. I guess a person who is actually working at these multiple mine sites would not know 🙄 We also have several that covid test every day just to get site access. The good old swab up the nose.

Have you looked into BHP”s policy? No jab no job so don’t claim to be a know all when you don’t even work in the industry
Why do they give them a daily PCR test which assumedly needs to be sent to be processed, rather than a rapid test?

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you seriously happy with the way that post was written?
It was an attack on a persons life choices. Particularly grating after only 24 hours earlier we saw the best of the AFL and North Melbournes acceptance of Dani Laidley.
For what it’s worth I don’t believe that the paint can incident was an attack on the person because of the father being a supporter of the bill before parliament.
But the way the post was written was to degrade and mock a persons life choices. In an open forum with people who may be struggling with those same life choices.
Simply disgusting.
I don't think it required reporting. If other posters feel as you do, I am sure any issues arising from the post will be sorted here.

leon123

Team Captain
May 23, 2017
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
You have revealed yourself as a disgusting human being with the he/she accusations.
Reported.
Crickey dude, I think you may have been picked on as a wee child or something. Reported? I'm telling the teacher, really.

Im simple, dont even know what the issue is, but if you have an issue maybe discuss with the person.

Na.. Im telling on you

Im going to a protest... to protest about something, dont know what, but im offended, about something... chicken was to oily

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Crickey dude, I think you may have been picked on as a wee child or something. Reported? I'm telling the teacher, really.

Im simple, dont even know what the issue is, but if you have an issue maybe discuss with the person.

Na.. Im telling on you

Im going to a protest... to protest about something, dont know what, but im offended, about something... chicken was to oily
You need to read the post.
You need to develop a conscience.
And I’ve been told before to report such disgusting behaviour, not to engage, by the mods.
So just doing the right thing by everyone.

leon123

Team Captain
May 23, 2017
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
You need to read the post.
You need to develop a conscience.
And I’ve been told before to report such disgusting behaviour, not to engage, by the mods.
So just doing the right thing by everyone.
Ok... fair perspective and response....I personally couldn’t live like that, but hey, where all different

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m shocked you are defending this.
Really, truly shocked.
I am defending nothing. Sexual identity and the use of pronouns is not an area of discussion in which I want to engage, particularly now that you have reported the post. If other posters and mods are similarly outraged, I am content to accept the majority view and umpire's decision.

Oct 21, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
NSW mines and no we have never had to wear face masks before. Not standard PPE. Dont know the current rules of Victoria with masks. When were you allowed to go wild and remove masks outdoors in Vic, few weeks ago?. When they finally let you out to fish and play golf?
Yeah been a few weeks.

I work in industries where N95's have been the norm for a while (wood fibre/dust) so it is sometimes hard to catch changes because there is none for us. Having masks other than at work was a pain in the ass though!

Oct 21, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just random. Went to see Bond this arvo, loved it.

Except my girlfriend came along, and a certain moment at a certain tomb early on she wasn't ready for. She had a large size popcorn, raised, in her right hand at that precise moment and it was then redistributed all over the cinema. I'm still picking popcorn out of my hair.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad