Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! No wonder your house was chosen as a film set! And what a shame the house and gardens were never immortalised in celluloid thanks to your unfortunate obsession with the sanctity of the family home. I don't know why you would bother picnicking beyond your front yard.

Just one word of caution. I don't believe the changes come into effect until midnight tonight, so you might be jumping the gun just a little by venturing forth today.

Thank you TGG. Warrandyte is beautiful and we're in a nice pocket. We have orchards across the road and LFP just a bit further down.

Alas my friend we are in self imposed isolation until next Saturday so I won't be drinking with buddies in the park until then. :(

You are a manscaper par excellence, J. Your hedge is looking very neat and tidy;)

You know it! Once those levels of manscaping are achieved, one can't go back. :cool:

No statuary in the front yard is a little disappointing.

But the driveway gradient makes it easier for him when he honors his forebears by using a garden hose for leaf removal.

Stop flirting with me! I've publicly disclosed that I want to be the first "Warrandytian" to fully concrete an entire acre and then experience the pleasure of washing the whole thing down with a high pressure hose.

Until I can live out this "Greek migrant" fantasy I'm limited to the use of an industrial strength professional grade leaf blower.

I drive Croydon to Campbellfield for work. Now only about once a week though being in lockdown (I have a permit to work and travel for work....construction perks). Yesterday I noticed a few ducklings at the bottom of Research w/dyte road already appearing. Like my fruit trees, nature cares not about our petty foibles. Its nice to see the duck families at summer time hanging around that roundabout.

Last edited:
I drive Croydon to Campbellfield for work. Now only about once a week though being in lockdown (I have a permit to work and travel for work....construction perks). Yesterday I noticed the a few ducklings at the bottom of Research w/dyte road already appearing. Like my fruit trees, nature cares not about our petty foibles. Its nice to see the duck families at summer time hanging around that roundabout.
The swans and their signets are out in force on Albert Park. I always wonder, "Why don't people eat swans?"

Thank you TGG. Warrandyte is beautiful and we're in a nice pocket. We have orchards across the road and LFP just a bit further down.

Alas my friend we are in self imposed isolation until next Saturday so I won't be drinking with buddies in the park until then. :(
Is the self imposed isolation because you need a break from the world and your neighbours, or was it due to an unknowing flirtation with the China plague?

Haven't house prices in Warrandyte risen by a somewhat monstrous percentage in the last year - over 20% or something of that ilk?

The weather is still looking fine through the kitchen window. Might head out for some 11am gin-n-tonics with the neighbors!

View attachment 1237884

That's a dangerous thing to show me given I went to Trinity.

I composed a haiku for you.

Spring bursts forth with life
Hedge abounds in new green shoots
Burn it to the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am almost as angry as when this happened.
View attachment 1237866
1631841226526.png
When I was into cricket in my early teens I remember at the end of the day walking through the piles of cans and rubbish and bits of blue polystyrene. These popular 80s eskys never seemed to survive a day at the cricket. These days i'd rather poke my eyes out than invest a whole day watching cricket.

View attachment 1237944
When I was into cricket in my early teens I remember at the end of the day walking through the piles of cans and rubbish and bits of blue polystyrene. These popular 80s eskys never seemed to survive a day at the cricket. These days i'd rather poke my eyes out than invest a whole day watching cricket.
I saw a guy hit another guy over the head with one of those at the underarm game. It still had ice and beer in it.
Even as a boy of 10, I couldn’t believe the waste of beer.

Henry the VIII loved smashing down a swan

Is that a Natalie Portman reference? She played the Black Swan and one of Henry VIII’s wives in different movies…

The stinkin' Hedgeys. I might have given you a dirty look as I walked down Charles St.

Not one of those filthy micks from across the fence? I was probably struggling past you doing a cross country run up that freaking hill.

My gran warned me the Catholics always set themselves up on the highest ground so they could shoot the protestants down from the heights.

Of course, she might have been a wild ass orange lodge fruitcake, as I never felt the sting of a sinpers bullet. I did get my nose broken in a fight with some Xavs boys on the platform of Glenferrie station, but that was more rite of passage.

Is that a Natalie Portman reference? She played the Black Swan and one of Henry VIII’s wives in different movies…
No, he liked eating swans. Particularly good in a pie.

Is the self imposed isolation because you need a break from the world and your neighbours, or was it due to an unknowing flirtation with the China plague?

Haven't house prices in Warrandyte risen by a somewhat monstrous percentage in the last year - over 20% or something of that ilk?

My daughter was exposed to a positive case Saturday afternoon.

We were all tested on Wednesday and the results came back clear. The DHHS is yet to contact us and we're isolating until they do.

Yep, Warrandyte prices are a little silly ATM and it's a tightly held suburb. I like to tell people that I moved here during 2013 when outer-suburban/semi rural living wasn't as cool as it is now.

Not one of those filthy micks from across the fence? I was probably struggling past you doing a cross country run up that freaking hill.

My gran warned me the Catholics always set themselves up on the highest ground so they could shoot the protestants down from the heights.

Of course, she might have been a wild ass orange lodge fruitcake, as I never felt the sting of a sinpers bullet. I did get my nose broken in a fight with some Xavs boys on the platform of Glenferrie station, but that was more rite of passage.

Oooh Mick bashing. Can I play?

And you follow a Catholic footy club!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back