Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sexist though - assumes all drug dealers are male! Dan would be horrified -: where's the gender fluidity?
What? I made provision late in the post for male, female and gender non-specific dealers, even if I did initially use 'him'! Give me some credit for keeping abreast of changing times. I am at least making the effort.

Anyone whose drug dealer lies well outside the 10km area, now might be a good time to give him a call to ensure he (or she or they) has supplies and make a dash in your car, as every policeman in Melbourne seems to be at the non-existent protest. Similarly if you had been considering committing a crime of any sort. Seize the moment.

We were (jokingly) discussing that yesterday & today would be the very best days ever to leave the pub after a solid lunch session, as there would be zero chance of a booze bus, or an available cop car anywhere in Melbourne to pull you over. Sadly, despite being an accurate statement, there's a glaring problem with this scenario.

We were (jokingly) discussing that yesterday & today would be the very best days ever to leave the pub after a solid lunch session, as there would be zero chance of a booze bus, or an available cop car anywhere in Melbourne to pull you over. Sadly, despite being an accurate statement, there's a glaring problem with this scenario.
Except that you wouldn't have been at a pub eating lunch let alone getting pissed!

Avoiding the effects of an earthquake is not one of the 5 reasons for being away from your home in the car.

I’m an essential worker in the middle of a pandemic, so unfortunately I have to miss out on everything. Footy, seeing close friends, live music, earthquakes…

I know that’s a common joke, but I wouldn’t advise trying your luck. At any given time there’s police on the “beat” doing policing, and others in the office and a fair contingent on leave which can be recalled if required, and police get rotated through from office, street and leave. Talking to a copper this morning, none of the usual policing matters have had resources diverted, they have called in police from the office shifts from all over melb, haven’t needed to recall police from leave though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but how old was the building? Did it have pre-existing conditions? Maybe it was going to fall over anyway.

It had diabetes and emphysema, but my building is young…

I know that’s a common joke, but I wouldn’t advise trying your luck. At any given time there’s police on the “beat” doing policing, and others in the office and a fair contingent on leave which can be recalled if required, and police get rotated through from office, street and leave. Talking to a copper this morning, none of the usual policing matters have had resources diverted, they have called in police from the office shifts from all over melb, haven’t needed to recall police from leave though.
I had better give my dealer a call and tell him I have decided to go cold turkey. :(

Yes but how old was the building? Did it have pre-existing conditions? Maybe it was going to fall over anyway.
I did a Chapel St walk with the beagle yesterday (Dan Murphy's) but could do another this afternoon so I can report back on the damage, and try and get some answers to your questions. You can never have enough alcohol.

The protest is getting interesting with the new tactics being employed by the police and demonstrators. There could be an exciting finale if the two groups eventually meet up.

Don't usually have the TV on in the day, but there is so much happening in Melbourne today. My US mate's brother in hotel quarantine in Sydney felt the quake. He got an exemption after 5 applications to go to the USA to help care for his brother with MND. After only a couple of weeks there, his adult daughter dived into a swimming pool back here in Newcastle and 'broke' her neck, requiring 2 operations and a transfer to a Sydney spinal unit. Poor father then had to apply for special permission to return to Australia as well as get a flight. The process has taken 7 weeks. He finally made it back from NY on an $1800 one way ticket via Iceland, Finland and Singapore.

I’m no seismologists, but I reckon the South Island of NZ would be worried about this quake.
They are on a fault line that is nowhere near Australia. I remember the 1989 Newcastle earthquake that occurred just as we were starting in the Sydney-Hobart.

I’m no seismologists, but I reckon the South Island of NZ would be worried about this quake.
You should let them know. The police here have taken up your suggestion about picking off the protestors before they can get on the march. I am sure your reputation as an advisor par excellence has already spread to NZ. The seismologists there would be hanging off your every word if you made the effort to contact them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back