Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to smoke indoors with a drink or coffee, go to Cambodia. It's a smokers' paradise. There are laws but they are totally ignored and cigarettes start at $1.50 a packet. Of course, I don't know what the place is like post-covid normal or whatever stage of covid normal they consider themselves as being in, but should imagine lighting up a dart is still up to the whim of the individual. Your biggest problem will be getting a cup of coffee that meets your expectations.

How does one pick up in Oakleigh without a tsigaro in one hand.. and a coffee in the other.. it's not all *en Lonsdale and Adidas wear man.. it's an institution man. Too many geeks complaining.. they don't understand Eaton Mall.. it's like a microcosm of Thessaloniki.. but it's all.. oh but what about this man.. oh but what about this and that re.. you know what I've got to say about that re.. but how about this middle finger maaaannn.. agh stoooo.. forget about it mate.

How does one pick up in Oakleigh without a tsigaro in one hand.. and a coffee in the other.. it's not all fu**en Lonsdale and Adidas wear man.. it's an institution man. Too many geeks complaining.. they don't understand Eaton Mall.. it's like a microcosm of Thessaloniki.. but it's all.. oh but what about this man.. oh but what about this and that re.. you know what I've got to say about that re.. but how about this middle finger maaaannn.. agh stoooo.. forget about it mate.
Don't worry Gimp - Eaton Mall will soon get swallowed up by those priced out of the inner South East. In a decade or sooner, the closest the place will get to ciggies is the puffy jackets worn over leggings by mums doing the shopping.

How does one pick up in Oakleigh without a tsigaro in one hand.. and a coffee in the other.. it's not all fu**en Lonsdale and Adidas wear man.. it's an institution man. Too many geeks complaining.. they don't understand Eaton Mall.. it's like a microcosm of Thessaloniki.. but it's all.. oh but what about this man.. oh but what about this and that re.. you know what I've got to say about that re.. but how about this middle finger maaaannn.. agh stoooo.. forget about it mate.
I am fully in sympathy with you, Gimp. You have to flaunt your money and style along with your ethnicity and what that entails in terms of attracting women. The mere fact that you can afford brand name clothing and cigarettes lets the women know that you are a man of means, not just some sleaze taking up space in the outside dining area ordering the cheapest item on the menu while ignoring the quality discourse and culinary delights on offer to the discerning person.

Don't worry Gimp - Eaton Mall will soon get swallowed up by those priced out of the inner South East. In a decade or sooner, the closest the place will get to ciggies is the puffy jackets worn over leggings by mums doing the shopping.

You reckon Eaton Mall is on its to becoming another Londsdale St re.. Stalactites on one end.. a zaharoplastio on the other.. $2 shops.. variety stores.. in between?

Last edited:
Casey/Dandenong starting to take the fight to the North.
Casey includes some solidly working class suburbs - Hampton Park, Cranbourne, Eumemmerring, Doveton. Along with Dandenong, the area is probably the south-east's equivalent to the western and northern suburbs. Not so many working from home and may include quite a few folk with an inclination to leap in and out of the homes of other people. Would contain quite a few families with several generations living under the one roof.

However, until very recently, Casey and Dandenong have largely avoided the high case numbers of its rivals on the other side of the city. Don't know what Hampton Park is like these days, but the school I taught at there for 2 years in the late 90s was a melting pot of different ethnicities, giving it the flavour of an international school without the academic focus and rigour or compliant behaviour of international school students. The school presented the greatest disciplinary challenges of any school at which I taught.

The new NSW state Premier has just announced he’s fully opening up the state to fully vaccinated international visitors from Nov 1, no quarantine required.

Does he have the power to do that? Pretty sure our National borders are under Federal Government control (*reaches for copy of constitution*). How do the other states feel about this? Will they call on the feds to reel him in?

I’ve got a bad feeling about this …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new NSW state Premier has just announced he’s fully opening up the state to fully vaccinated international visitors from Nov 1, no quarantine required.

Does he have the power to do that? Pretty sure our National borders are under Federal Government control (*reaches for copy of constitution*). How do the other states feel about this? Will they call on the feds to reel him in?

I wish I had purchased Sydney Airport shares last year when they were cheap as chips.

I think the fed's still control arrivals but I'm assuming quarantine once they leave the airport is a state thing?

Not sure how I feel.

I admire his cojones and commitment to rejoining the world.

The NSW vax rate is now at that stage. Removing quarantine doesn't mean that vaccinated travellers aren't obliged to provide a negative test as is the case in Europe.

Yes, it could go pear-shaped.

I think the fed's still control arrivals

Yep, section 51, xxvii, “… immigration and emigration.”

but I'm assuming quarantine once they leave the airport is a state thing?

I’d imagine so.

Not sure how I feel.

I admire his cojones and commitment to rejoining the world.

The NSW vax rate is now at that stage. Removing quarantine doesn't mean that vaccinated travellers aren't obliged to provide a negative test as is the case in Europe.

Yes, it could go pear-shaped.
Good piece of politicking from Pious & Perky Perrottet. His announcement is in line with phase C of the national plan, ie. >80%. This from ScoMo.

"The Government’s intention is that once changes are made in November, the current overseas travel restrictions related to COVID-19 will be removed and Australians will be able to travel subject to any other travel advice and limits, as long as they are fully vaccinated and those countries’ border settings allow."

So Dom is essentially saying nothing new. But he is getting people's attention.

Dom steam-rolling his way to giving people back their lives.

1st November residents of NSW can travel internationally, while Victorians can't leave a 25km radius.

What a dive Victoria has become.
SmugHiddenGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

I think Scomo will be all for it. The covid free states can and will still have their borders closed to NSW - so won't affect them unless they choose to. Victoria and ACT are the wild cards who could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back