Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, if this is what qualifies for an entertaining dispute these days, it would seem that Covid has more deeply deranged us than we ever suspected.

In any case, Sav has pm'd an apology and I've accepted.

You might need another bowl.

I just re-read the whole thing, due to JB1975 deciding to play the man and claim that I was enacting an agenda of contrariness, which I can be fond of, as it's my job to play devils advocate to get students to think - a job I play well, but I wasn't doing that at all on this occasion.

I posted a positive post. My original response to his Dan worshipping stuff that was laden with dire results of opening up, was just that NSW underestimated the efficacy of the vaccine and thus overestimated the case numbers and the consequences that are likely to ensue. Therefore it's likely that Vics did the same and thus current modelling is probably more positive than that which was published a couple of months ago. I thought it was a positive post with nothing contrary about it at all.

Then JB responded with a whole lot of patronising stuff about people crying freedom with no cost to themselves - and then seemed to think I was just being contrary when I disagreed.

I just re-read the whole thing, due to JB1975 deciding to play the man and claim that I was enacting an agenda of contrariness, which I can be fond of, as it's my job to play devils advocate to get students to think - a job I play well, but I wasn't doing that at all on this occasion.

I posted a positive post. My original response to his Dan worshipping stuff that was laden with dire results of opening up, was just that NSW underestimated the efficacy of the vaccine and thus overestimated the case numbers and the consequences that are likely to ensue. Therefore it's likely that Vics did the same and thus current modelling is probably more positive than that which was published a couple of months ago. I thought it was a positive post with nothing contrary about it at all.

Then JB responded with a whole lot of patronising stuff about people crying freedom with no cost to themselves - and then seemed to think I was just being contrary when I disagreed.

That might be where you went wrong. My posting wasn't a form of Dan-fandom at all, you've gone and made that up in your own head and written a day's worth of nonsense on the back of it.

But yes, you are partial to contrarianism. We can agree there.

That might be where you went wrong. My posting wasn't a form of Dan-fandom at all, you've gone and made that up in your own head and written a day's worth of nonsense on the back of it.

But yes, you are partial to contrarianism. We can agree there.

Are you being disingenuous or just unaware of your partisanship?

It's well written - flip the names and remove the doomsday stuff and Murdoch would love you, or better still, if there is a Labour equivalent to Murdoch press - you should apply.

The devotionals dedicated to the Don strike me as low-humour and lower politics. NSW has an advanced vaccination rate, and the broad reality is that he's now making some moves to push beyond the reality we've all been living in for too long.

The idolisation of Perrottet is not my issue, so much as the underappreciation of what we're about to embark on in Victoria.

Andrews hasn't tried to sidestep the roadmap
he laid down not so long ago. Victoria is on its own march towards a post-pandemic reality, which means freedom for many, but it will also bring extraordinary stress and enduring pain.

There's nothing conservative or risk-averse about the next few months. Many people aren't vaccinated, or can't be vaccinated, or will get sick despite the vaccine, or will get the virus and suffer many and varied effects for the rest of their lives which don't include death. The health system for all of us will almost certainly struggle.

I agree with our bid for freedom, but I'll keep reminding myself that I don't have to pay the cost of it, that other people will pick up the tab, and I'll keep reminding myself that Victoria's 'painfully slow' or 'conservative' approach actually sacrifices lives so that the rest of us can get on with ours. There's nothing especially conservative about that.

Last edited:
Are you being disingenuous or just unaware of your partisanship?

It's well written - flip the names and remove the doomsday stuff and Murdoch would love you, or better still, if there is a Labour equivalent to Murdoch press - you should apply.

You're grasping.

My line of posting today was clearly aimed against a partisan reading of pandemic policy. Oddly enough, this includes the post you've quoted, which is more concerned to try and link the approaches of Victoria and NSW.

But you've decided to interpret it differently, not based upon the content, but upon your own vague inferences and --I'd suggest-- my previous willingness to acknowledge myself as a Labor voter.

I'm happy for you to keep up your efforts, which after all are enjoying some support from others, but for myself I know that it will continue to bear little relationship to anything I've actually said.

You're grasping.

My line of posting today was clearly aimed against a partisan reading of pandemic policy. Oddly enough, this includes the post you've quoted, which is more concerned to try and link the approaches of Victoria and NSW.

But you've decided to interpret it differently, not based upon the content, but upon your own vague inferences and --I'd suggest-- my previous willingness to acknowledge myself as a Labor voter.

I'm happy for you to keep up your efforts, which after all are enjoying some support from others, but for myself I know that it will continue to bear little relationship to anything I've actually said.

So to answer my question - it's obviously unaware.

I read a post from you a while back, where you talked about questioning your posting due to criticisms it'd received. At the time, I was bemused, as I thought that surely someone with such a fantastic command of language must know that he plays the man with catty condescending quips when someone disagrees with him. But perhaps you aren't aware of that either?

So to answer my question - it's obviously unaware.

I read a post from you a while back, where you talked about questioning your posting due to criticisms it'd received. At the time, I was bemused, as I thought that surely someone with such a fantastic command of language must know that he plays the man with catty condescending quips when someone disagrees with him. But perhaps you aren't aware of that either?

I'm quite willing to let you speak my parts and to carry the conversation for both of us.

Which is really what you've been doing from the outset, but now we can make it official.

I'm quite willing to let you speak my parts and to carry the conversation for both of us.

Which is really what you've been doing from the outset, but now we can make it official.

Not sure why you view your comments as not being part of the conversation. It's got me as confused as your claim that mocking praise for the NSW leader's attempts to open up and then praising Dan's attempts to open up was "clearly aimed against a partisan reading of pandemic policy."

Anyway.

Here's the good news that I was referring to, which kicked this off as you seemed to view it as argumentative. And why I was suggesting the two month old Australian modelling that everyone refers to is probably out of date and more dire than what will likely pass.

Last edited:

Glad to see that restrictions are being eased but "announcing extra freedoms?". Big Ears the Freedom Announcer? F off, really just f off.

* I understand this is the Age's language and not the premier's.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see that restrictions are being eased but "announcing freedoms?". Big Ears the Freedom Announcer? F off, really just f off.

* I understand this is the Age's language and not the premier's.
You don’t think it’s appropriate for the Premier to announce changes to the roadmap?

It is to Australia’s enormous long-term advantage to get vaccinated foreign students here ASAP

Dom The Breeder is pushing hard for this

Hugs to Wai-fong, Sanjay, and Dennis Wong, we want you back
Dom the Breeder is a good one. Our unis definitely need the money brought in by foreign students, given they didn’t see a cent of JobKeeper.

You don’t think it’s appropriate for the Premier to announce changes to the roadmap?
I think his issue is with “extra freedoms”, as if they’re not our inherent freedoms that have been taken away.

I think his issue is with “extra freedoms”, as if they’re not our inherent freedoms that have been taken away.
So his issue is with a newspaper headline.

It is to Australia’s enormous long-term advantage to get vaccinated foreign students here ASAP

Dom The Breeder is pushing hard for this

Hugs to Wai-fong, Sanjay, and Dennis Wong, we want you back
There's a couple of subjects I'd like to broach with Wai-fong and probably Dennis if they form a captive audience in quarantine. I will be disappointed if they are able to simply swan though immigration and baggage inspection and head straight into the outside world. Sanjay sounds like a decent sort of guy that comes from a country where at least lip service is paid to things that most matter in life.

I thought that they were to be announced 70% DB, the 12st, next Thursday. But for some reason, Big Ears likes to make his big announcements on a Sunday, just so he can deny us the freedoms by a couple more days.:(:(

I thought that they were to be announced 70% DB, the 12st, next Thursday. But for some reason, Big Ears likes to make his big announcements on a Sunday, just so he can deny us the freedoms by a couple more days.:(:(
Gotta stop people from doing things on the weekend!

How so?
These new “freedoms” won’t begin until next week.

I've sensed for a while that should jmac and JB1975 share the shoes of Big Ears, my silver hair would be tripping me as I attempted to walk, a skill I fear I may lose from years of lockdown. Until the death of the 'last-anti-or-unable-to-waxxer' has been averted, the final covid hospital patient discharged and the one remaining speck of covid destroyed and deep cleaned, jb and jm may never allow us to emerge from this purgatory of restricted existence. They make Big Ears appear by comparison a revolutionary, a man of radical thought, impulsively driving Victorians to an early death through his reckless actions.

sr36, you are, at times, like a dog with a bone and a hair splitter wrapped into one. If I had an elder brother, I am not sure it would be you I would want to be confronting each day of my childhood. But, by all means fight the good fight, and win for us the freedoms we have so fervently desired, yet so heartlessly been denied.

Not to mention his pass that setup the first goal.

That was beautiful.

Bobby with 3. All 3 snags looked like a piece of piss.. not at all. It's not easy losing your opponent the way he does. Always thinking.. never runs in straight lines.. subtle differences in pace.. timing.. positioning. The second Firmino snag.. 4 defenders pill watching another one running like a moron towards goal trying to stop the pill getting through to Salah.. Bobby picks up on it.. takes his foot off the accelerator.. gets himself into a dangerous spot.. with a s**t load of space.. and whack.. Bobby v 5..

The first snag.. defender thought he had Bobby covered.. Bobby with his subtle lil in and out job.. ooops Bobby's over there re.. ooops Bobby's over there re.. pick it up from the back of the neeeet re.. pick it up from the back of the neeeet re.

A true great re.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back