Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you too dumb or too lazy to do this yourself?

At day 77 of their outbreak, NSW was well behind where we are now in terms of vaxxed population.
Probably a bit of both.

I’m just wondering, if the Feds had of flung us an extra 300k Pfizer doses early in the outbreak, whether our numbers would compare better.

What do you think?

How do the vaccination rates compare during the course of the outbreak?

When the NSW outbreak first hit Sydney I believe they were at lower percentages than ours.

It's immaterial really, we are where we are.

It seems to me that no amount of data or reasoning will get people to shift from their long held positions.

People can easily find flaws in one politician's decision making (DA, ScoMo etc) but are loathe to recognise any flaws in the one they like (or don't hate).

I just want to forget about the fkrs and get on with life.

Probably a bit of both.

I’m just wondering, if the Feds had of flung us an extra 300k Pfizer doses early in the outbreak, whether our numbers would compare better.

What do you think?
Re-read my last post. We are in a far better vaccination position on our day 77 than NSW was at the same time. That fact alone vindicates the decision to allocate more into NSW.

Probably a bit of both.

What do you think?

Just some clarification on this

All this ridiculous navel gazing around here is doing my head in. The difference between the states is marginal overall and not worth endlessly arguing about. We are coming out of lockdown tomorrow, just enjoy and live in the moment.

It's getting boring reading all the revisionist crap.

Both state governments did their best in impossible circumstances.

The vaccination rollout for both has been phenomenal once the supply came.

Just get on with it.

All this ridiculous navel gazing around here is doing my head in. The difference between the states is marginal overall and not worth endlessly arguing about. We are coming out of lockdown tomorrow, just enjoy and live in the moment.

Both state governments did their best in impossible circumstances.

The vaccination rollout for both has been phenomenal once the supply came.

Just get on with it.
Well, now we're screwed.

Just some clarification on this

So just to be clear on this, whilst the amount diverted to NSW was 126,000, the actual amount diverted away from other states was about 68% of this if it was distributed on a per capita basis. That is about 86k. Put another way, Vic missed out on say 33k doses. A day's worth on the current vax rates...

Better get used to it...
Dom Perrottet must be exhausted. Not only is he the leader of Australia’s most populous state and a father of six with another on the way, but he’s also the quasi premier of Victoria and prime minister of Australia.
Finally we are seeing some real leadership from an elected official; a leader who doesn’t just engage in endless scaremongering and relinquishes his power to unelected bureaucrats relying on chronically and wildly wrong modelling.

The NSW premier is forcing both Dan Andrews and Scott Morrison to rejoin the world and abandon the prison island mentality that has turned the ‘Lucky Country’ into a scared-senseless hermit kingdom.
By boldly reopening his state Perrottet has shamed the Victorian government to match much of NSW’s roadmap and put enormous pressure on the prime minister to reopen our international borders which have been closed since March 2020.
We must never forget that more than a year into the pandemic the PM disgracefully capitulated to the likes of Andrews and Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and cut by half Australia’s overseas arrivals ensuring more of our citizens remained stranded overseas.

And, we must never forget that despite scientists telling us for more than 18 months that coronavirus would be endemic, premier Andrews pursued a disastrous elimination strategy until the end of August when he belatedly acknowledged reality.
The only people feeling sillier than premier Andrews and chief health officer Brett Sutton today are the increasingly unhinged members of the Dan cult who a week ago were condemning Perrottet for being dangerously reckless but are now celebrating Andrews’ decision to lift lockdown even as the state records around 2,000 cases a day.
There was never much in the way of evidence to justify an outdoor mask mandate but it’s all the more ridiculous at 70 per cent double vaccinated when guests will be allowed in private homes.
Just about all Covid-19 cases are acquired indoors and there are a number of studies and infectious disease experts who strongly dispute the effectiveness of masking outdoors but Andrews’ silly rule, which he even has trouble following, will remain in place … for now.
Unless the next internal poll shows how unpopular and untrusted the rule is among the public.

So just to be clear on this, whilst the amount diverted to NSW was 126,000, the actual amount diverted away from other states was about 68% of this if it was distributed on a per capita basis. That is about 86k. Put another way, Vic missed out on say 33k doses. A day's worth on the current vax rates...

It was also paid back with interest in September:

1634776010625.png

I officially endorse this union protest.

It was also paid back with interest in September:

View attachment 1264798

yeah nah, the 126k was in addition to the polish doses and is in reference to state run hubs and doesn’t take into account additional allocation in the gp network.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah nah, the 126k was in addition to the polish doses and is in reference to state run hubs and doesn’t take into account additional allocation in the gp network.

You just made my small brain hurt. :) So by your estimation what does that make the actual discrepancy between NSW and Vic?

You just made my small brain hurt. :) So by your estimation what does that make the actual discrepancy between NSW and Vic?
I haven’t crunched the numbers, but I did read that the gp clinics administered something in the order of 30% additional to vic

Edit, should add that’s Pfizer, when it comes to AZ we’ve utilised that more than any other state by a fair margin

This was a surprise to me. (NOT!)

Yesterday the Federal Government had been the first in history to prevent the Speaker's referral of Christian Porter to the Privileges Committee for accepting and refusing to identify over a million of dollars in anonymous funds for his private use. I thought surely this is front page news.

2021-10-21_114756.jpg 2021-10-21_114719.jpg

What a sad state the media is in Australia.

I haven’t crunched the numbers, but I did read that the gp clinics administered something in the order of 30% additional to vic

Edit, should add that’s Pfizer, when it comes to AZ we’ve utilised that more than any other state by a fair margin

The real issue might be that our supply issues at the time meant we had to ration doses to the states but as Swipey posted above the extra doses given to NSW were drawn from a national pool of which Victoria was entitled to some, not all.

"...
If every single vaccine had been administered on a per capita basis, the state would have received about 3.5 million doses, meaning New South Wales has benefited from an allocation of around 536,000 more Pfizer doses than an even share.

Of the over-allocation, 210,000 doses are the result of distribution of Pfizer obtained from Poland, 150,000 were announced in mid-July as a 'bring forward', and a further 50,000 were announced in late July.

That leaves around 126,000 extra doses unaccounted for.

The federal government said that was the direct result of the approval of extra GP clinics in New South Wales in August, which had been made public..."

This was a surprise to me. (NOT!)

Yesterday the Federal Government had been the first in history to prevent the Speaker's referral of Christian Porter to the Privileges Committee for accepting and refusing to identify over a million of dollars in anonymous funds for his private use. I thought surely this is front page news.

View attachment 1264806View attachment 1264807

What a sad state the media is in Australia.
i went searching for a story on Gladys's enquiry in the Murdoch propaganda express this morning. Zilch. Shocking (not)

Probably a bit of both.

What do you think?
The feds did the right thing. They diverted extra doses to Sydney first, then to ACT and Vic. It will have saved lives. My only criticism would be that they didn't divert enough doses away from the covid free states and to where it was most needed.

I think they’ll both win for better or worse

As much as I've enjoyed having them in my face almost on a daily basis I'd like a short break from both for about 20-30 years.

Politicians after all are like nappies, they need frequent changing.

The feds did the right thing. They diverted extra doses to Sydney first, then to ACT and Vic. It will have saved lives. My only criticism would be that they didn't divert enough doses away from the covid free states and to where it was most needed.

Or why have a supply issue in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back