Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Basically. They can call it for as long as they want. We’re literally the only one that has to extend it by parliament.

There’s differences in health orders as well. In Vic, they have to be signed and authorised by the CHO whereas in NSW it’s the Health Minister.

In both cases we have the better protection against politicians overreaching. Not that you’d know it by the media coverage.

Permanent pandemic laws to replace SOE in all states and territories?

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So an SOE.. doesn't that needs votes for extensions re?

Every state have these permanent pandemic laws.. where no vote is required?
Manicmagpie appears to think that no vote is required in other states, while Dictator Dan is beholden to the whim of his party and both houses of parliament. State political procedure is not my area of expertise. But it is certainly an area in which you appear to be acquiring some knowledge, particularly since the Lobster has emerged from relative obscurity to make an honest man of the invincible and much beloved Big Ears.

I'm trying to get my head around it re.. so other states soe.. they have to vote for hair extensions.. In Vic.. it's if Dan thinks it's ok?

Am I right or wrong here?

I'm pretty sure that parliament has been disbanded and Dan is single-handedly running a military junta.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I'm pretty sure that parliament has been disbanded and Dan is single-handedly running a military junta.

The new pandemic laws includes an independent committee consisting of health and human rights experts to review the orders.

Progressive and innovative.

I'm back on the Dan bandwagon.

Last edited:
received_609699453544206.jpeg

JoinDate

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
When is a wink an eye ailment? :D

I'm no doubt going off halfcocked here without knowing all the details but who thinks it's a good idea that when questioned about potential shady dealings, you blatantly engage in shady s**t, then when questioned about it when it's caught on video - you flat out lie?

Especially at a time when government distrust is incredibly high. I'm not sympathetic to anti-vaxxers but it's not hard to see why some people don't trust a single thing the government tells them, when lying like this is done so blatantly and effortlessly.

I see Lobster Guy making a total knob of himself again.

“There is just so much danger, so many red flags in this legislation. Again, I just find it stunning that any democratic government would put this kind of legislation to a parliament.”

Derp derp.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“There is just so much danger, so many red flags in this legislation. Again, I just find it stunning that any democratic government would put this kind of legislation to a parliament.”

Derp derp.....
Covid has been so polarising that there is unlikely to be much vote swinging on that issue. It'll play well for anti-Dan voters, but they're already decided. Really needs to find a new issue.

Doc1763

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Derp derp.....
So, he'd rather an unelected bureaucrat put us into lockdown for 2 years?

Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers/Rockies/Colts/West Ham
Your eradication efforts are pathetic. If you were serious about eradication, you'd eat every pineapple pizza you saw to help remove them from society.

My girlfriend would help with that - she asks for EXTRA pineapple on hers. It's sickening.

Covid has been so polarising that there is unlikely to be much vote swinging on that issue. It'll play well for anti-Dan voters, but they're already decided. Really needs to find a new issue.
Which is exactly why it is so stupid. There’s nothing to be gained by making such a dumbarse statement (that’s so plainly wrong) when it’s only preaching to the converted.

Good Horse

Cancelled
Collingwood - Caleb Poulter Player Sponsor 2022 Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020
Sep 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
My girlfriend would help with that - she asks for EXTRA pineapple on hers. It's sickening.

Your poor girlfriend being judged for her excellent pineapple preferences.

I would be happy to comfort her and provide support from a fellow pineapple enthusiast. We could share a double Hawaiian and a ride through the meadows.

Derp derp.....

If you want a laugh, listen to Tim Smith try to explain why this Victorian legislation is bad, but the NSW one which is virtually identical is great.

The Vic Libs are so committed to the whole "NSW is great" line (what a sure fire vote winner in Victoria!) that they can't even quit it so that they can effectively campaign against the new Vic legislation. It's incredible to witness.

If you want a laugh, listen to Tim Smith try to explain why this Victorian legislation is bad, but the NSW one which is virtually identical is great.

The Vic Libs are so committed to the whole "NSW is great" line (what a sure fire vote winner in Victoria!) that they can't even quit it so that they can effectively campaign against the new Vic legislation. It's incredible to witness.

NSW - good
Victoria - bad

Thats the strategy.

In the words of Groucho Marx - "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot".

In the words of Groucho Marx - "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot".

One of my favourite ever films, is Duck Soup.

NSW - good
Victoria - bad

Thats the strategy.

I can't get over this. If the Vic libs don't like the proposed Vic legislation, it would be the easiest thing in the world for them to respond "I don't like the NSW legislation either. But I'm not a NSW MP, nor a citizen of NSW so I will leave their legislation to them. I'm focused on defeating this legislation."

But they can't bring themselves to do that. Instead they have to tie themselves in knots trying not to say something bad about a state just because it's got a Liberal government. It's insane.

At least when Frydenberg and Hunt go around relentlessly criticising Vic and pumping up NSW even though they are Victorians, they do so as members of a Federal Government that actually represents both states (and has more to lose in NSW than Vic).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back