Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t witnessed that at all mate.
I'm only going off the images of placards with a multitude of entirely different demands and the snippets of speeches which seem to be trying to tap into every disenfranchised group, which does happen to some extent at all ptotests, but I've never been to a protest where one overwhelming demand wasn't incredibly clear. Maybe the view I'm getting isn't as clear as what is actually occurring on the ground.

The other reason why the number is insignificant is that no one knows how many are protesting for what. Its just a big collection of disgruntled. Some are protesting the bill, others the vaccine mandates, others vaccination in general, lockdown, big pharma, Bill Gates, Dan, etc..
Sounds like a rabble.

you can come and work in our minesites where we need to wear the bloody things. Even when your doing a service on a digger by yourself. Shopping today for the first time in a long while, masks still required to shop in NSW. Our wedding that we have put off 4 times in the last 18 months you still have to wear the bloody things. Fully vaccinated doesn't make any difference.
Oh noes!

I have been to the last three protests……….the one three weeks ago I dragged the family along.

I would say from being there that the majority of people are protesting this ridiculous Bill. That is my reason for going.

Now for the crowds if you‘re interested.

3 weeks ago approximately 20,000

2 weeks ago close to 100,000

Yesterday was amazing…………..I would say 150,000 +

A video on YouTube by Arrow clearly shows how huge it was but it doesn’t satisfy the people who follow MSM and think all protesters are extremists…………yesterday was the most diverse crowd I have ever seen.
When will people stop with the MSM bullshit?

The rubbish curated by 'citizen journalists' is just as bad. They all have agendas. They are no better.

you can come and work in our minesites where we need to wear the bloody things. Even when your doing a service on a digger by yourself. Shopping today for the first time in a long while, masks still required to shop in NSW. Our wedding that we have put off 4 times in the last 18 months you still have to wear the bloody things. Fully vaccinated doesn't make any difference.

I've worn one every day not in lockdown for closing in on two years. I don't mind wearing a mask, as it means I'm not in lockdown.

Would you wear one on your wedding day?
You're asking the wrong person - I got married in a Chinese registry office, as my wife wanted a year off work and if we weren't married she wouldn't have been allowed to stay in China - can you get more romantic than that!

But I do get your point - it'd be disappointing in the short term, but the wedding photos will make a good story in many years time.

So your changing your first bit of “proof”.
We’ve all seen the drone footage before, when it was claimed to show 100,000 people.
Consensus on this thread was about 40-50,000.
Again, if you believe there’s more than that there you need to come out into the light….
Let's face facts, there are a lot of people there. Whether the number is 50000 or 100000, there are many more than the few 1000 some people have claimed on here.

If anyone still thinks the msm are reporting accurately without a biased agenda need look no further then the “reporting” of the “attack” on the animal justice party’s daughter

politically motivated right wing extremist attack against democracy, some of the headlines read and grovelling politicians denouncing it

Turns out she/he was spray painting graffiti and was confronted. An argument took place, he/she throws the can at the person who confronted Her/him misses and then cops it back in return.

Her Twitter count has been pulled down due to her/his politically motivated and inflammatory posts
You have revealed yourself as a disgusting human being with the he/she accusations.
Reported.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's face facts, there are a lot of people there. Whether the number is 50000 or 100000, there are many more than the few 1000 some people have claimed on here.
I think the official figure is s**t loads. Regardless of the cause(s) - good to see peaceful protest alive and not kicking.

I haven’t looked into the bill, but I say good luck to those protesting the bill and it looks like they're having some effect with changes already announced. I'm not impressed though that the organisers have allowed the protests to become an outlet for every dissenting voice under the sun. I worry that in the new protest landscape, demandless venting will become the norm.
The bill will be different than that first offered, as this is how politics works.
You ask for more to get what you want.
Im sure those who oppose it completely will claim a victory when it is passed with changes, but I’m also sure there will be plenty of high fives behind the scenes.

The bill will be different than that first offered, as this is how politics works.
You ask for more to get what you want.
Im sure those who oppose it completely will claim a victory when it is passed with changes, but I’m also sure there will be plenty of high fives behind the scenes.
Agree, but I do think opposition parties gauge a level of their resistance to bills from the sentiment in the community, so I do think it will be a victory to both sides.

I don't know. As you were there you could maybe have asked some of them?

At a guess I would say it would be a mixture of loss of business, some which have permanently closed down after being unfortunate enough to have a business in the most locked down city in the world. Being in a job where you cant "work from home", bit hard working from home as a tradie for eg. Lack of consistency with Government rules, mandates and interventions with a lot not making any sense. Job losses if you don't wish to be vaccinated. Separation from family and friends for a good percentage of a year. Some people with genuine reasons for not wanting to be vaccinated etc etc

Not everyone is a public servant who have not lost 1 dollar during this time or a casual worker who have actually made more sitting at home on job keeper/seeker.
Yeah, stopping for a chat with a moron isn’t high on my wish list. Particularly when surrounded by them.

Newcastle is not a city that does much protesting, unless your an anti coal activist, we get a few of those. We are lucky that we have avoided most of the strict lock downs of other areas.
You should start a campaign.

Gee you can go overboard sometimes.
Are you seriously happy with the way that post was written?
It was an attack on a persons life choices. Particularly grating after only 24 hours earlier we saw the best of the AFL and North Melbournes acceptance of Dani Laidley.
For what it’s worth I don’t believe that the paint can incident was an attack on the person because of the father being a supporter of the bill before parliament.
But the way the post was written was to degrade and mock a persons life choices. In an open forum with people who may be struggling with those same life choices.
Simply disgusting.

Gee you can go overboard sometimes.
Sounds like
Interesting you complain so much even though your industry in you state doesn‘t even require vaccination to work in.

View attachment 1284700
We still talking about masks?Yeh we are all wearing them due to the love of it. I guess a person who is actually working at these multiple mine sites would not know 🙄 We also have several that covid test every day just to get site access. The good old swab up the nose.

Have you looked into BHP”s policy? No jab no job so don’t claim to be a know all when you don’t even work in the industry

Agree, but I do think opposition parties gauge a level of their resistance to bills from the sentiment in the community, so I do think it will be a victory to both sides.
The opposition parties won’t be the ones making the changes.
The independents will. The opposition can’t be high fiving anyone after the latest polls figures.

Sounds like

Yeh we are all wearing them due to the love of it. I guess a person who is actually working at these multiple mine sites would not know 🙄 We also have several that covid test every day just to get site access. The good old swab up the nose.
I get a camera stuck up my nose, all the way up into the sinus cavity in front of the brain, on regular occasions.
The covid test is nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back