Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the bacon looks raw. And don't got me started on "wagyu burger". If the beef is high quality, why the hell are you mincing it and making it into a patty?
Ah, memories.
The Americans on tour in Europe would always be first to the breakfast buffet and complain about perfectly cooked bacon as “raw”.
If it didn’t have copious black bits then it was considered raw.
For the record, the bacon was perfect.

Don't like burgers with beetroot as it makes the bun soggy and the taste is not to my liking. The cheese should be sitting next to the burger and the white stuff sitting above the beetroot would be quickly turfed out if this was my burger. Also not sure the bun would be to my liking. Hope you didn't pay too much for it.
The way of the burger, apart from the fish and chip shop, these days is brioche bun.
Most pubs or restaurants do it this way now.
The cheese stopped the beetroot from making the brioche soggy. I was able to hold and consume the burger without the bun disintegrating.
It was maybe the palest pineapple I’ve ever seen.
the entire meal, two mains and a shared tasting plate was $60. Plus $40 for drinks.
Good meal, good pub, goodnight!

Ah, memories.
The Americans on tour in Europe would always be first to the breakfast buffet and complain about perfectly cooked bacon as “raw”.
In my defence, I haven't eaten any bacon other than American streaky style bacon in a decade. I've forgotten how to cook Australian bacon.

Last edited:

And the bacon looks raw. And don't got me started on "wagyu burger". If the beef is high quality, why the hell are you mincing it and making it into a patty?
I used to think the same until a long time ago when an American woman cooked me a hamburger in London (don't ask for all the details) - salient point - she used "prime Idaho beef" - it was a delicious hamburger.

Ah, memories.
The best breakfast buffet in Europe used to be at the Stockholm railway station.

Gotta put the secondary cuts somewhere. Wagyu burger sounds better than wagyu blade/Chuck/shin.

But given Wagyu (not a fan personally) is all about texture and “mouth feel”, there is no benefit of wagyu over other breeds once it is ground, although the fat content probably helps.

Good for dickheads in the pub thinking they are getting premium product.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Tootgarook for the week (part time digital nomad) - tried local coffee yesterday - :( - bought some Robert Timms coffee bags - infinitely better I must advise

Correct! Was your daughter able to advise her grandmother that the car was nowhere near the kerb or would that have been too difficult a task?
The old classic response I use when my wife parks is "It's OK, we can walk to the curb from here".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back