Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in Tootgarook - wandered around Sorrento this arvo - nice shops except for the butcher - flies in front window - yuk!
Sullivan Bay quite historic.

Love Sorrento, not the flies over the meat... :(

Love Sorrento, not the flies over the meat... :(
Butcher must think he's only got desperate convicts and early settlers for customers - we certainly didn't go in - brought our rib-eye from home - had to razz up the estate agent to get someone around to clean the bbq in holiday rental though - whatever happened to customer service? sigh 😥

There are plans to put some more tourism facilities right there, including a jetty. I fear this will encourage people who aren't good in the water that this is a good place to swim. Even though the Portsea Swim finishes there, that is with guards, etc. On an outgoing tide the current can run at over 5 knots. An inexperienced swimmer who jumps off a jetty and gets caught in that better hope there are some boats between them and the Heads. Next stop King Island!

Butcher must think he's only got desperate convicts and early settlers for customers - we certainly didn't go in - brought our rib-eye from home - had to razz up the estate agent to get someone around to clean the bbq in holiday rental though - whatever happened to customer service? sigh 😥
He's a good bloke and a good butcher. The flies were just clever.

There are plans to put some more tourism facilities right there, including a jetty. I fear this will encourage people who aren't good in the water that this is a good place to swim. Even though the Portsea Swim finishes there, that is with guards, etc. On an outgoing tide the current can run at over 5 knots. An inexperienced swimmer who jumps off a jetty and gets caught in that better hope there are some boats between them and the Heads. Next stop King Island!

I was wondering why that beach hasn't been made more accessible. Beautiful location... too bad about the rip. :eek:

And swimmers on the other side of Point Nepean should watch out for Chinese submarines looking for overconfident Prime Ministers. Dangerous waters down there. :eek:

Don't think I've ever seen anyone swimming there.

And swimmers on the other side of Point Nepean should watch out for Chinese submarines looking for overconfident Prime Ministers. Dangerous waters down there. :eek:

Where Holt went in is such a dodgy spot. It’s even crazier because he was experienced. I can only guess there was ego involved because he was the only one who had access to it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Butcher must think he's only got desperate convicts and early settlers for customers - we certainly didn't go in - brought our rib-eye from home - had to razz up the estate agent to get someone around to clean the bbq in holiday rental though - whatever happened to customer service? sigh

Btw, there is no excuse for a dirty bbq.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta put the secondary cuts somewhere. Wagyu burger sounds better than wagyu blade/Chuck/shin.

But given Wagyu (not a fan personally) is all about texture and “mouth feel”, there is no benefit of wagyu over other breeds once it is ground, although the fat content probably helps.

Good for dickheads in the pub thinking they are getting premium product.

I would have ordered it even if had said “secondary NSW cow” or otherwise known as “Gladys burger”.
Was in the mood for a burger. Almost had the southern fried chicken one instead. But that’s not a burger.

He's a good bloke and a good butcher. The flies were just clever.

The peninsula is a gorgeous part of Victoria and an important natural resource.

The local businesses are fabulous and staffed with nice people. Resilient organisations that have survived 2 years of hell.

We need to support them.

The peninsula is a gorgeous part of Victoria and an important natural resource.

The local businesses are fabulous and staffed with nice people. Resilient organisations that have survived 2 years of hell.

We need to support them.

And Frankston is the gateway to this gorgeous peninsula

The jewell in the crown

A sun bleached sphincter redolent of tea tree and cloves

Magnificent

And Frankston is the gateway to this gorgeous peninsula

The jewell in the crown

A sun bleached sphincter redolent of tea tree and cloves

Magnificent
Yet to be released traffic data confirms the Frankston bypass is Victoria's most popular road - people drive on it so they can proudly claim "I too bypassed Frankston" :)

Off to get tested this morning. Received an SMS last night that there was a positive case at The Harp on Friday evening. Test and isolate until negative result.
Result came back negative this morning as expected. The interesting thing was that we were sitting on a table of 8 on Friday afternoon and those that arrived at 5pm were not messaged to get tested, only the 4 that arrived at 5:30pm or later. Not sure how they worked that out as we were all together until 7pm.

Result came back negative this morning as expected. The interesting thing was that we were sitting on a table of 8 on Friday afternoon and those that arrived at 5pm were not messaged to get tested, only the 4 that arrived at 5:30pm or later. Not sure how they worked that out as we were all together until 7pm.

Am i right in assuming that in Aust you just scan in and don't signify when you leave? If so, this is my guess.

If you don't scan out, they won't have data on when people left. They'd just have to assign a timeframe of a set number of hours of having scanned in in relation to the positive case. If you scanned in within that timeframe you'd be sent a get tested message, but outside the timeframe you wouldn't. You may have all left before the positive case arrived, but those who scanned in at 5.30 were within the time frame that triggered a contact message. Those who scanned in at 5.00 were probably too early to be triggered. That's my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back