Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A little birdy in the know tells me that this pilot fella who has been arrested for the murders of those 2 campers maybe is responsible for a few other bodies buried in the bush....

Very much this.

And as a first port of call, the circumstances surrounding the death of his first wife are likely to be reexamined closely.

Love the clickbait. Yes it's a weird new variant with a lot of mutations but nobody yet knows if it is a problem or just a curiosity.
While you are right about click bait, I know there have been several variants around since Delta and not one of them was considered dangerous enough to be named.
And to me that’s a big red flag.

While you are right about click bait, I know there have been several variants around since Delta and not one of them was considered dangerous enough to be named.
And to me that’s a big red flag.

Absolutely, but they also named Gamma and it really didn't amount to much.

We are a lot further along in vaccination now than when the earlier mutant strains came to the fore, even Delta, and nobody yet knows how good Omicron is at causing disease. One of the reasons I'm less concerned in some ways when people talk about a strain with lots of mutations is that lots of mutations generally means one of infectivity or virulence gets reduced - at some point the changes impact on the virus' ability to either get into you or to cause harm. If Omicron is as they speculate more infective, theres a good chance it may also be less prone to cause severe disease. Coupled with increased vaccination rates I'm still cautiously optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this morning ScoMo wasn’t even going to do that.
Then the news cycle started and within hours borders shut!

As we see in Australia how NSW and VIC got Covid without Lockouts where rest of Australia did and they did not get many Covid Cases.

Rather be Safe then just wait and see what Happens as lot of Unkown

View attachment 1288507
This seems to be escalating quickly.
No it’s not.
The authorities are testing for Covid. Old variant, new variant, makes no difference they are simply testing.
And until the test results are in, that’s a nothing story.

We need to Stop Overseas from these Countries who have had this Variant until we know more about it
As we see in Australia how NSW and VIC got Covid without Lockouts where rest of Australia did and they did not get many Covid Cases.

Rather be Safe then just wait and see what Happens as lot of Unkown
The problem with laying sudden border closures and quarantines on people is if you have left on a holiday and have to quarantine on return. To the best of my knowledge, borders are closed to the non Australian citizens of the 9 countries. If only returning Australians are being admitted (to quarantine 14 days), flights will probably be reduced. This is a predicament which returning Australians tourists/residents would not want to be contemplating.

No it’s not.
The authorities are testing for Covid. Old variant, new variant, makes no difference they are simply testing.
And until the test results are in, that’s a nothing story.

Even if the test results do come positive, it's a single case in Q... I won't lose sleep, but...

The number of this variant's mutations has scientists cautiously worried. We don't know yet what kind of immune response we have to it.

Within the last 48 hours many countries have closed their borders to the group of African nations.

UK and Germany have confirmed new cases with the UK announcing new restrictions.

Victoria has introduced new quarantine regulations.

It's not panic-stations yet and I'm glad that politicians are quick to restrict travel until we know more but there's little debate; things have escalated, quickly.

The problem with laying sudden border closures and quarantines on people is if you have left on a holiday and have to quarantine on return. To the best of my knowledge, borders are closed to the non Australian citizens of the 9 countries. If only returning Australians are being admitted (to quarantine 14 days), flights will probably be reduced. This is a predicament which returning Australians tourists/residents would not want to be contemplating.
Been browsing overseas trips/tours the last couple of weeks.
Mrs told me to stop looking last night. She’s not going anywhere she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back