Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSW - 199
Qld - 16
Vic - 4

Whilst I was at the dentist yesterday, two other people (50 plus) in room plus receptionist (mid 20's) all of European background. None had been vaccinated and none were even considering at this stage. I was asked and told them I had had one AZ and the next one on 24th August.

I was really surprised as they weren't considering not because they were anti vaccinations, just not sure of side/after affects.

The messaging has been really bad.
Whole country just needs a shot in the arm to get through this.

It's a nation wide issue. I'm not sure why you seem to think NSW diverting their Pfizer from low risk areas in the state to high risk areas is connected to this?

I can't comprehend a possible justification for NSW government not prioritising Sydney with their vaccination.

I don’t think prioritising private school students over people still unvaccinated in aged care facilities and unvaccinated health care workers is caring for your community.
But you’ve got to look after your future voter base I suppose.

Health care workers have all had enough time to get vaccinated. Anyone not vaccinated as a health care worker at this stage either does not want to, or are just plain lazy. Or, they are vaccine shopping.

I'm with Big Ears on this, premature call.

Address the supply issue, then deal with the reluctant portion of the population once everyone has had a reasonable opportunity to get jabbed.

There is plenty of supply of AZ. People are vaccine shopping.

Agreed but I can't blame people for worrying about AZ's side effects, the comms re: the risks have been woeful.

If we had enough supply of a Pfizer we as a nation would be in a different predicament now.

Agreed but I can't blame people for worrying about AZ's side effects, the comms re: the risks have been woeful.

If we had enough supply of a Pfizer we as a nation would be in a different predicament now.

People have been told time and time again that the risks are minute in comparison to other drugs, hobbies etc.

Too many moronic people worrying about infinitesimal issues.

The bigger risk is COVID, full stop, not just to our health (physical and mental), but to the economy, and to our children's ability to learn.

These same people have probably sped in their cars, walked across roads with traffic, swum in the ocean, taken other medication (with higher risk of complication), had surgery that has an small risk of them dying, and it goes on. I know you know all this.

Where we differ, I do blame people for worrying about the side effects. The media has a lot to answer for in all this too - unfortunately most people just read the headline, or hear the bad news.

Meanwhile, millions upon millions of people worldwide have had it, and have been just fine.

218410936_10160156229385021_2960259193328514862_n.jpg

Or they are simply listening to the advice from ATAGI and the AMA, which you want your healthcare workers and all Australians to do.

In terms of lockdowns the health advisors shifted from looking at individual best interests to collective best interests, as lockdown for all is not in everyone's best interests but it's in society's best interests.

Unfortunately they haven't made the same shift regarding vaccination. So, it's more than just vaccine shopping. In many cases it's listening to medical advice, which in terms of vaccines is based on the individuals risk.

People have been told time and time again that the risks are minute in comparison to other drugs, hobbies etc.

The bigger risk is COVID, full stop, not just to our health (physical and mental), but to the economy, and to our children's ability to learn.

These same people have probably sped in their cars, walked across roads with traffic, swum in the ocean, taken other medication (with higher risk of complication), had surgery that has an small risk of them dying, and it goes on. I know you know all this.

Where we differ, I do blame people for worrying about the side effects. The media has a lot to answer for in all this too - unfortunately most people just read the headline, or hear the bad news.

Meanwhile, millions upon millions of people worldwide have had it, and have been just fine.
Risk analysis can be confronting for people who don't like their shibboleths challenged.

Or they are simply listening to the advice from ATAGI and the AMA, which you want your healthcare workers and all Australians to do.

In terms of lockdowns the health advisors shifted from looking at individual best interests to collective best interests, as lockdown for all is not in everyone's best interests but it's in society's best interests.

Unfortunately they haven't made the same shift regarding vaccination. So, it's more than just vaccine shopping. In many cases it's listening to medical advice, which in terms of vaccines is based on the individuals risk.

I'm talking about those in the appropriate age groups for AZ.

Mind you, my wife is in a nurse. She had time to get AZ before any changes were made (she is under 40). Many other people did too. There are plenty of people in the age groups that are allowed to access it who are choosing not to access it.

Health workers have had access to Pfizer for some time.

Yep. 0.07% of the Sydney population got a heap of press because they marched for "freedom". Many of those within that tiny percentage want freedom and won't be anti-vaxxers.

AZ is on the nose in Australia for many reasons, so you can't equate reluctance to vaccinate with AZ with not being willing to be vaccinated. Australia won't know if they've got an uptake issue until there's enough Pfizer in the country. The general public aren't getting enough credit. I'm confident that uptake will be high when the shots are available.
I will do as many shots as necessary

View attachment 1194883
So the best time to have an AZ shot is whilst driving your car fast on a short pier, whilst being attacked by an angry pedestrian.

So the best time to have an AZ shot is whilst driving your car fast on a short pier, whilst being attacked by an angry pedestrian.

Or the very instant that Clint's boot has accelerated its way towards your butt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mind you, my wife is in a nurse. She had time to get AZ before any changes were made (she is under 40). Many other people did too. There are plenty of people in the age groups that are allowed to access it who are choosing not to access it.

This lady is a huge part of the problem. I'm certain she has been academically successful but her communications on vaccination have been idiotic.

View attachment 1194883

Why do they never include death by pony violence in these graphs? Is it because the extremely high risk of death throws the scale off, or because they want to hide the truth? The biggest threat to our health, our wellbeing, and our precious children is the pony menace. No vaccine will prevent that scourge, except perhaps a Karl Gustaf 84 mm recoilless rifle. Thats a jab even the Queensland CMO would get behind (because she'd be shitscared to be in front obviously...)

Why do we not see protests about that I want to know. Bands of fearless truthtellers gathering at childrens birthday parties to warn of the fatal consequences of pony rides. Have the ponies got to them, even the daring reporters of Rebel News? Has Avi Yemini been nobbled after all? Has Craig Kelly been bought, as opposed to just being a gibbering loon? Would we know the difference?

I propose a March For Freedom From Pony Violence this weekend, let us be herd and our fears taken seriously, and the important work of removing this scourge from our hearths and homes begun.

And then we can start on our real target, Belgians...

Wait, was that still recording?

Why do they never include death by pony violence in these graphs? Is it because the extremely high risk of death throws the scale off, or because they want to hide the truth? The biggest threat to our health, our wellbeing, and our precious children is the pony menace. No vaccine will prevent that scourge, except perhaps a Karl Gustaf 84 mm recoilless rifle. Thats a jab even the Queensland CMO would get behind (because she'd be shitscared to be in front obviously...)

Why do we not see protests about that I want to know. Bands of fearless truthtellers gathering at childrens birthday parties to warn of the fatal consequences of pony rides. Have the ponies got to them, even the daring reporters of Rebel News? Has Avi Yemini been nobbled after all? Has Craig Kelly been bought, as opposed to just being a gibbering loon? Would we know the difference?

I propose a March For Freedom From Pony Violence this weekend, let us be herd and our fears taken seriously, and the important work of removing this scourge from our hearths and homes begun.

"Let us be herd" - tell me you're gagging - please just let me know this asap!

I can almost understand "vaccine shopping" if people are doing it because of concerns for side effects. But even then, for those people I would tell them it is incumbent upon them to go speak to their doctor, not the internet.

What I cannot forgive is something I have seen from someone I know. A "smart" educated person who has stated she and her husband are waiting for Moderna "because it's the best". Her basis for this opinion is that a mate (not medically trained) who lives in the US told her this was the case.

This sort of selfishness, "only the best for me", is pathetic. Hubby is a fat bstard in his late 50s who would not want to get Covid.

Unfortunately Mrs. Side has banned me from pointing out this last fact. Can't guarantee I will abide by this direction.

I can almost understand "vaccine shopping" if people are doing it because of concerns for side effects. But even then, for those people I would tell them it is incumbent upon them to go speak to their doctor, not the internet.

What I cannot forgive is something I have seen from someone I know. A "smart" educated person who has stated she and her husband are waiting for Moderna "because it's the best". Her basis for this opinion is that a mate (not medically trained) who lives in the US told her this was the case.

This sort of selfishness, "only the best for me", is pathetic. Hubby is a fat bstard in his late 50s who would not want to get Covid.

Unfortunately Mrs. Side has banned me from pointing out this last fact. Can't guarantee I will abide by this direction.

Yep, I can see the righteous anger kicking in! Can't wait to get my second AZ shot tomorrow. :cool:

This lady is a huge part of the problem. I'm certain she has been academically successful but her communications on vaccination have been idiotic.
Yes, the mixed messaging has been damaging.
My elderly Mother was concerned about AZ.
My eldest Brother & myself discussed with her & advised her to proceed.
Now fully vaccinated (with no side effects) & she’s happy with that.

Gut-wrenching for any pony that sees this. To think LFP felt you were friends. He's back on his Ponysoft Carrotlook email client sending you his thoughts right now!

Would you also seek to protest against baby dwarf donkeys? Even for someone as heartless as you that would be beyond the pale.

1627963941809.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back