Covid = media beat up - Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are being truthful why don't you quote his exact words which are NOT the same as your interpretation:

“If there’s no media, then I don’t know if Covid’s such a big thing."

"Such a big thing" is not the same as "wouldn’t be a big deal if it wasn’t for the media". Again, what he said is obviously factually correct. Let me draw an analogy. Do you know how many people have died on our roads YTD? I don't, and that's largely because the media simply doesn't give it any air or print time.

Hmm... yeah... except if the media doesn't tell us about car crashes, they don't start exponentially increasing throughout the community until tens of thousands of new people per day are having a minor or more severe car crash... which is why your analogy is so dumb.

Without the media constantly talking about covid, cases would've exploded and gotten completely out of hand like in so many other countries around the world because we have so many idiots who do the wrong thing.

Do you not understand that the reason deaths were "only" 4 million because literally the entire globe made a massive effort to stop it spreading further? A highly infectious disease even with 1% mortality means that 70 million people would die a year, if everyone got infected. This is not a difficult concept to understand ffs.

Comparing it to obesity/ child poverty etc is ******* pointless. These are issues that have existed forever. You don't die of obesity being infected by it once. You can't fix starvation without changing the entire world.

How disrespectful to every person under the age of 85 that died because you're acting like the virus only kills people on deaths door. You're acting like it just cleans up people that would die imminently anyway. The fact is the vast, vast majority of those 4 million people would still be alive today if they didn't get covid.

Your last paragraph trying to be all "heal the world" is complete horseshit because you spent the rest of your post downplaying what is a clear and present danger.

The young people who have died are almost always very obese. Obesity is a personal choice. If someone is obese and dies of COVID they are to blame. They've had ample opportunity to get into shape.

The IFR is far lower than 1% please don't spread such misinformation.

The virus can only kill so many old, sick, obese people. In the early days it will pick off the low hanging fruit and bring forwards deaths in our sickest and most unhealthy.

The virus needs victims in order to kill. It's not going to suddenly start killing healthy 30 year old with a normal BMI. There will be some extremely unlucky people I'm sure, but there's no real chance of a young healthy person dying. Only 5 COVID deaths in Australia for people under 50 out of 900 odd.

At some point the virus simply runs out of momentum as the only people left are those that survived initial waves, have antibodies, aren't going to die from it.

All this expense, effort, sacrifice to save people in their 80's and 90's with underlying health issues is completely out of control. Some perspective is needed here.

If only people put this much effort into trying to eradicate hunger which kills over 3 million children, eradicating homelessness in Australia.

The young people who have died are almost always very obese. Obesity is a personal choice. If someone is obese and dies of COVID they are to blame. They've had ample opportunity to get into shape.

The IFR is far lower than 1% please don't spread such misinformation.

The virus can only kill so many old, sick, obese people. In the early days it will pick off the low hanging fruit and bring forwards deaths in our sickest and most unhealthy.

The virus needs victims in order to kill. It's not going to suddenly start killing healthy 30 year old with a normal BMI. There will be some extremely unlucky people I'm sure, but there's no real chance of a young healthy person dying. Only 5 COVID deaths in Australia for people under 50 out of 900 odd.

At some point the virus simply runs out of momentum as the only people left are those that survived initial waves, have antibodies, aren't going to die from it.

All this expense, effort, sacrifice to save people in their 80's and 90's with underlying health issues is completely out of control. Some perspective is needed here.

If only people put this much effort into trying to eradicate hunger which kills over 3 million children, eradicating homelessness in Australia.

Lots of young people have needed intensive care to survive the virus, if hospital beds are full, and they don't get medical treatment, they will die.

Lots of young people have needed intensive care to survive the virus, if hospital beds are full, and they don't get medical treatment, they will die.

Generally they are people who are morbidly obese. There is a strong correlation between young people dying of COVID and obesity.

Anyone obese I would encourage to start getting into shape rather than expect the world to lockdown forever to save them.

Generally they are people who are morbidly obese. There is a strong correlation between young people dying of COVID and obesity.

Anyone obese I would encourage to start getting into shape rather than expect the world to lockdown forever to save them.

Plenty of young people who aren't morbidly obese needing hospital or intensive care, if we have too many cases they don't get any help and they are in serious trouble, you are clueless...

Last edited:
Plenty of young people who aren't morbidly obese needing hospital or intensive care, if we have too many cases they don't get any help and they are in serious trouble, you are clueless...

There's a strong correlation between obesity/poor health and being hospitalised with COVID except in very old people. There might be people here and there who react badly but in good health, but by and large this is a fat person's disease in people under 70.

Can't believe after 4 million deaths in a year, despite unprecedented prevention measures, billions upon billions spent on treatment and research, the still unknown long term effects on long-covid sufferers we still have *******s going with the "just the flu" narrative.
Billions spent on treatment, exactly. Which is why cheap, effective treatments like Ivermectin aren't being pushed, because the people that are behind the virus will be the ones profiting from the vaccines. Seriously, get your head out of the sand.

There's a strong correlation between obesity/poor health and being hospitalised with COVID except in very old people. There might be people here and there who react badly but in good health, but by and large this is a fat person's disease in people under 70.

So it's no big deal and we should let it sweep over the country? What exactly are you trying to achieve here? What % of deaths under 70 in India or Brazil are obese people just out of interest?

Billions spent on treatment, exactly. Which is why cheap, effective treatments like Ivermectin aren't being pushed, because the people that are behind the virus will be the ones profiting from the vaccines. Seriously, get your head out of the sand.

Who is behind the virus? And do they control every single government and medical society on Earth? If they do then aren't there easier ways for them to make money?

So it's no big deal and we should let it sweep over the country? What exactly are you trying to achieve here? What % of deaths under 70 in India or Brazil are obese people just out of interest?

Who is behind the virus? And do they control every single government and medical society on Earth? If they do then aren't there easier ways for them to make money?
The elites that basically run the world and are behind all the major conglomerates. You've only got to look into how far Fauci's poisonous tentacles run.
The virus was created and released for the implementation of the vaccines, and not the other way around.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Pretty topical, some people might not like this answer but I think the media
overplays it a lot,” Stephenson said. “If there’s no media, then I don’t know if Covid’s such a big thing.
__________________________________________________________________________________
IMO there is a fair bit of truth in what Jaidyn said.... the media continually exaggerate, sensationalize, embellish and click bait, doesn't matter what the story is, the media is not a pure information service with altruistic motives, their purpose is increasing viewership/readership and advertising revenue which is all good, that is the system they work in.

Exactly. I also wonder why the ABS hasn’t released the suicide rates since 2019…
Well, the Causes Of Death reports tend to get released later in the following year. The 2019 reference period was released on 23/10/2020 - https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/causes-death-australia/latest-release. The 2018 reference period was released on 25/09/2019 - https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/causes-death-australia/2018. Maybe we just have to be patient rather than suggesting anything conspiratorial?

He also had some comments supporting Fraser Anning quickly deleted in his Collingwood days.
RWNJs are gonna RWNJ. Meh.

The elites that basically run the world and are behind all the major conglomerates. You've only got to look into how far Fauci's poisonous tentacles run.
The virus was created and released for the implementation of the vaccines, and not the other way around.

so those elites run the Australian government, all our hospitals and medical societies? And none of them have spoken out about it? Interesting.. what evidence do you have?

If we are being truthful why don't you quote his exact words which are NOT the same as your interpretation:

“If there’s no media, then I don’t know if Covid’s such a big thing."

"Such a big thing" is not the same as "wouldn’t be a big deal if it wasn’t for the media". Again, what he said is obviously factually correct. Let me draw an analogy. Do you know how many people have died on our roads YTD? I don't, and that's largely because the media simply doesn't give it any air or print time.

Covid would still be a big thing if the media didn't report on it. You just wouldn't be as aware. The deaths would still happen, probably in higher numbers. Reckon you're playing a game of semantics here. Also, what he said can't be factually correct without context ... not any version of the word 'fact' that I'm aware of anyway.

His point will be proven by the reaction to what he said - the media overplays anything they think will give them clicks.

If there's no media, then I don't know if the opinion of a dumb football player is such a big thing.

If a tree falls in a forest yada yada. The media will milk things for all they are worth, and they will embellish things to meet their news quota (sub editors are the main offenders here), but sometimes they just report what happens. To dismiss everything as 'meh media' is not exactly the way to go about it either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back