The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is the end in sight because i dont see it anymore.

2022 will be exactly the same as the previous awful 2 years.

this country is 100 percent going to be left behind of the rest of the world sure we might save a few lives but there will be no economy left here in shithole melbourne.
Probably even further behind given the AZ age has been today raise from 50 to 60. More Pfizer will be needed, and even now we don't have enough.

Probably even further behind given the AZ age has been today raise from 50 to 60. More Pfizer will be needed, and even now we don't have enough.
Thats why i just said what i said.

We have now put all our eggs in one basket and who in the right mind would feel safe getting AZ anymore?

I have had my first AZ dose and am looking forward to my second in 5 weeks.

Why do you have the 2nd AZ Vaccine in just 5 Weeks?

Thought you had to wait about 3 Months between the Doses

I am confused... . Is the 12 week gap between first and second AZ shot is now less?
Data from the UK suggests it's more effective with the 12 week interval. I think TGG meant he had his first shot 7 weeks ago and thus will have his second in 5 weeks time.

There’s not been one case of blood clots with injection 2 in Australia and hardly any in other parts of the world.

So, if you get through the first one the second injection is a breeze.

I can’t believe the panic after the second person in 3.5 million plus jabs dies.

It's a good thing cars weren't invented in this time. If you're over 90, you can get in one as you might have a heart attack whilst walking, but noone else is allowed, because it's safer to walk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinovac is not performing well against the Delta variant in Indonesia according to the latest news release, although deaths are at least almost non existent to date. Many fully vaccinated health workers have contracted the virus. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ospitalised-delta-variant-vaccinated-15033196

Thailand is looking to fully reopen the country in 120 days. Won't be many vaccinated by that stage except in Phuket which was meant to be opened to tourists next month. Doesn't sound a very pleasant holiday - must be vaccinated, covid certificate and insurance required, 14 day quarantine on the island, wristband, face recognition photography on the border with the mainland to catch anyone trying to leave, no bars and very few restaurants open and no alcohol, three covid tests at $130 a time, limited accommodation options. Originally 7 day quarantine and 50% of the small number coming cancelled when it was extended to 14 days. But at least they are trying!

Last edited:
Sinovac is not performing well against the Delta variant in Indonesia according to the latest news release, although deaths are at least almost non existent to date. Many fully vaccinated health workers have contracted the virus. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ospitalised-delta-variant-vaccinated-15033196
Sinovac is good enough in that it keeps people out of hospitals, but it's not stopping spread very effectively. The issue is that if it keeps spreading, it'll keep mutating. Hopefully when it comes time for boosters they'll have access to something that stops the spread more effectively.

My mate is spreading the most unbelievable lies. Saying his Indian Dr told him not to get the vaccine and she bought vaccines for relatives in India but they all died. He's such a f**kwit. He's also saying 5% of ppl who get the vaccine are dying.
he’s not alone unfortunately I’ve seen quite a few making claims like that

he’s not alone unfortunately I’ve seen quite a few making claims like that
I'm friends with a few too. The most bizarre thing about it is that half of them spruik up miracle cures that are supposedly being quashed by some higher forces. They view the vaccines as experimental and dangerous, but drugs that haven't done any proper trials as the way to go.

You need to tell your friend that if the Dr is paying for vaccines in India then she is being scammed.
Yeah I told him it was probably saline. But he said she paid for a booster as well but boosters aren't even a thing yet, so just lying as usual.

Scott Morrison should be stoned to death and im not joking.

absolute oxygen thief of a human.

dog.

and he made sure he was front of the line to get the Pfizer Vaccine

Watching this with interest.
My understanding is that the couple of occasions in Australia where people have come out of quarantine and spread covid in Australia have been people who caught covid in quarantine. An extra 7 days wouldnt remove this risk.

Just announced that Silverstone F1 race in a few weeks will have a capacity crowd.
They are saying this will be the biggest sporting crows “post“ pandemic.
And in bad news for anti vaxxers and those who refuse to have the jab, you must be double vaccinated, or produce a negative covid test, to gain entry.
This is the way forward.
Australians may be waiting a few years before the double vaxxing rule could be applied to them. 97% of the population would be ineligible to attend such an event now,

Very true.
But what we are seeing overseas is how the new normal will be when the world opens up.
A large part of the world has already opened up. Cruise ships are again angering the Venetians and New York airport is packed with planes. We have a lot of catching up to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back