The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This Fawlty towers episode just gets worse

The AMA is not Australia's top medical body.

It is a far-left union that represents less than 30% of Australian doctors.

Perhaps those dickhead AMA members might want to address a more serious issue - the number of deaths from prescription opioids, which is around 800 per year, all prescribed by and/or dispensed by doctors.

Oh, and by the way, the rate of death per 100,000 for prescription opioid overdose is more than twice that of blood clots related to the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Looks like all of those illustrious medical practitioners need to go back to medical school, and forget about student politics.

The AMA is not Australia's top medical body.

It is a far-left union that represents less than 30% of Australian doctors.

Perhaps those dickhead AMA members might want to address a more serious issue - the number of deaths from prescription opioids, which is around 800 per year, all prescribed by and/or dispensed by doctors.

Oh, and by the way, the rate of death per 100,000 for prescription opioid overdose is more than twice that of blood clots related to the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Looks like all of those illustrious medical practitioners need to go back to medical school, and forget about student politics.
I don't follow medical unions... what is the far right body called?
Either way Scovid is an utter failure in the face of a pandemic

Sadly Dave, there's been heaps of belief in Trump that has meant no belief in a pandemic.
Politics.
Viruses don't give a fudge about politics or any opinion here or anywhere else.
They are simple but extremely social creatures who love nothing more than a warm host...
Not telling you anything that you probably already know.

I don’t understand how these prescriptions get through the “net”.
I asked my doctor to give me a repeat on the prescription for 20 Panadiene Forte painkillers, as my shoulder issue prevents me from getting more than 40 minutes of uninterrupted sleep, but he had to refuse because he would have to apply to Canberra to issue that repeat.
So I’m stuck with having to make an appointment every time I need a very simple need.
Someones making money.
Your doctor is lying to you. My doctor gives me a script on request for 2x20 panadeine forte with a repeat, in other words, 80 tablets. I can assure you he does not apply to Canberra. He used to give me 3 repeats, 160 tablets.

Your doctor is lying to you. My doctor gives me a script on request for 2x20 panadeine forte with a repeat, in other words, 80 tablets. I can assure you he does not apply to Canberra. He used to give me 3 repeats, 160 tablets.
I take Mersyndol Forte for pain also helps me sleep and often get it with three repeats 60x3 but there has to be a certain interval between each script. I think it is three months.

I take Mersyndol Forte for pain also helps me sleep and often get it with three repeats 60x3 but there has to be a certain interval between each script. I think it is three months.
Some pharmacists take this more seriously than others, but in my experience, you really have to abuse the medication for your repeat to be delayed. Provided the prescribed dosage is not exceeded, there is no problem. Having said that, I may be on the doctor hunt again, as it seems that my man may have retired. :(

Some pharmacists take this more seriously than others, but in my experience, you really have to abuse the medication for your repeat to be delayed. Provided the prescribed dosage is not exceeded, there is no problem. Having said that, I may be on the doctor hunt again, as it seems that my man may have retired. :(
My damn doctor retired as well, really difficult to find a new one especially since I am not needing one at the moment. He has been my doctor for over 40 years so could just ring him up and leave my request for medication without going to clinic.

So a phone call from my GP clinic today. Seems they can’t do the Pfizer on the 10th as planned.
So now it’s the 6th!
2nd jab also booked for the 27th.
By the end of the month I’ll be fully vaccinated. Happy about that.
The Mrs is livid!
That’s called a win/win 😜

Ever since Scovid had the national cabinet meeting it's been a game of where's Wally.
Bloke is a stupid useless coward in hiding and his federal mates are just as crap. A leader is meant to lead. Half of the country is in lockdown.
Once again the various premiers and health officials have to step up to the plate..

Once again the various premiers and health officials have to step up to the plate..

The various premiers and health officials are why we are in this mess.

The donkeys in QLD putting a virus free FIFO worker in quarantine with Covid positive returned travellers.
The donkeys in QLD letting someone work in a Covid ward without vaccination.
The Donkey CHO in QLD carrying on about the AZ vaccine.

The moron limo driver in NSW. The hotel not fit for purpose in WA, which was pointed out to them weeks beforehand. The complete and utter moron CHO in SA. An unqualified ******* as CHO in Victoria.

Morrison is an insipid wimp, but every failure is due to state government incompetence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The donkeys in QLD putting a virus free FIFO worker in quarantine with Covid positive returned travellers.

The moron limo driver in NSW. The hotel not fit for purpose in WA, which was pointed out to them weeks beforehand. The complete and utter moron CHO in SA. An unqualified ******* as CHO in Victoria.

Morrison is an insipid wimp, but every failure is due to state government incompetence.
Given every state has had a quarantine breach, mostly multiple breaches, wouldn't it be fair to conclude that a remodeled hotel room is not and will never be fit for purpose.
The issue is beyond State Govt competence or other, the root cause goes deeper. I would be focusing on urgently building a federal purpose built q facility, preferably not in the middle of a city of 4.5 million people! Border control surely is indeed a federal issue.
Further, I would be offering any of the approved vaccines to be administered at Australian embassies for returning citizens prior to their repat. flights. Pfizer ought to be offered given the shorter time between jabs and there is time as repat flights take many week to schedule and book. This is in addition to the need for negative test before and after flying home of course.
This is not perfect but it would eliminate a very high percentage of returning infections so minimising outbreak in Australia.

As it stands right now, the most dangerous place to be re Covid in Australia is in hotel quarantine which is just the most distorted twist circumstance you could dream up. I can't help but think we are where we are because, we are an island nation, far away from large populations rather than being due to good governance.

Last edited:

Nah. Leaks are inevitable. Andrews Govt waited too long which resulted in a really long lockdown, but other than that, the states have done fabulously. Being behind with the vaccine is the only other genuine stuff up in Australia.

Government needs to help get Australians home.
38k for a flight?
We have Andrews and Anastascia primarily to credit for initiating the proposal, then for Scomo's eye being firmly set on winning an election, knowing that the premiers in 2 states had increased their majorities on the back of the appeal of their closed borders' policies to their mollycoddle-loving constituents.

This country will be an island of doom in 6 months time, with no end in sight even then to this country's insistence on severing connection with humanity. :huh:

Nah. Leaks are inevitable. Andrews Govt waited too long which resulted in a really long lockdown, but other than that, the states have done fabulously.

Errr, no. In case it's escaped your notice, Donkey Dan killed over 800 people. Not too mention destroyed hundreds of businesses, thousands of future deaths from delayed cancer diagnosis, mental health concerns and all of the other health problems. Delayed surgeries meaning people living in pain far longer.

McGowan has s**t himself time and again over 2 or 3 people. Palachook and her moron CHO wouldn't get elected/hired in some third world African shithole, but somehow run Qld. Marshmallow and his even more stupid CHO claimed pizza boxes and footballs would pass the virus on.

We are led by morons, which, I suppose, is only fair, since 95% of the Australian population are morons.

Being behind with the vaccine is the only other genuine stuff up in Australia.

They aren't behind with the vaccine. The EU commandeered 3.1 million doses in the beginning. The government have failed in selling and defending the AZ vaccine, which is both safe and effective, but they aren't helped when *ed people like Jeanette Young claim 18 year old's will die from it.

Given every state has had a quarantine breach, mostly multiple breaches, wouldn't it be fair to conclude that a remodeled hotel room is not and will never be fit for purpose.

The virus escaped from the most secure facility in china, so it appears even virology labs - which have fair higher levels of security than a quarantine facility ever will - aren't fall-proof either.

The issue is beyond State Govt competence or other, the root cause goes deeper. I would be focusing on urgently building a federal purpose built q facility, preferably not in the middle of a city of 4.5 million people!

It would be much simpler, and far cheaper, just to insist that everyone entering the country is 14 days post a second vaccination.

Pfizer ought to be offered given the shorter time between jabs

Pfizer is in short supply.

As it stands right now, the most dangerous place to be re Covid in Australia is in hotel quarantine which is just the most distorted twist circumstance you could dream up.

The most dangerous place to be is clearly Victoria, where Donkey Dan's gestapo are only too willing to throttle you, run into you with a police car and kick the s**t out of you for no reason.

They probably think it is an improvement on shooting you, though.

Errr, no. In case it's escaped your notice, Donkey Dan killed over 800 people. Not too mention destroyed hundreds of businesses, thousands of future deaths from delayed cancer diagnosis, mental health concerns and all of the other health problems. Delayed surgeries meaning people living in pain far longer.

McGowan has sh*t himself time and again over 2 or 3 people. Palachook and her moron CHO wouldn't get elected/hired in some third world African shithole, but somehow run Qld. Marshmallow and his even more stupid CHO claimed pizza boxes and footballs would pass the virus on.
Andrews obviously stuffed up, but Queensland and WA have been barely touched by the disease and have had a small fraction of the amount of lockdown and much more freedoms than the rest of the western world. I too thought they were ridiculous in what I thought were over-reactions, but when outcomes have been so good, so much better than everywhere else, I don't know why you'd criticise their strategies.

I do agree that the Feds should have continued to rollout AZ, but they didn't and are thus well behind in terms of vaccine.

Andrews obviously stuffed up, but Queensland and WA have been barely touched by the disease and have had a small fraction of the amount of lockdown and much more freedoms than the rest of the western world. I too thought they were ridiculous in what I thought were over-reactions, but when outcomes have been so good, so much better than everywhere else, I don't know why you'd criticise their strategies.

I do agree that the Feds should have continued to rollout AZ, but they didn't and are thus well behind in terms of vaccine.
You neglect one very important element of the Qld and WA 'success stories'. They shut themselves off to the rest of Australia, and the views expressed by the premiers on key issues do not help the nation recover and open up to the rest of the world. Those two states alone have determined my voting intentions for the remainder of my life. I can never again vote ALP (Andrews has certainly helped with this choice) and have never voted Liberal, hence will be voting informal at each forthcoming elections. What the states may or may not have achieved amount to absolutely nothing if Australia remains isolated and locked away.

How many of those were in Federally controlled aged care?

Irrelevant.

Feds control aged care in the other states too, and they didn't have 800 deaths.

Andrews caved in like the wimp he is when Ashton told him the cops weren't bodyguards.

The government of which he is in charge of knocked back ADF help, hired private security guards and, instead of training them in something that might have been useful - you know, like infection control and hygiene - in true woke fashion, they taught them all about equality and diversity.

801 people lost their life because of it.

The virus escaped from the most secure facility in china, so it appears even virology labs - which have fair higher levels of security than a quarantine facility ever will - aren't fall-proof either.

If you believe this to be true, then how can you possibly criticise any government for a breach?

It would be much simpler, and far cheaper, just to insist that everyone entering the country is 14 days post a second vaccination.

That's precisely my point, vaccinate citizens prior to repatriation! This will not eliminate spread however, negative testing ought still be required during quarantine. Reasons are many, primarily optimum immune response takes more than 14 days, growing numbers of infection among vaccinated folk in many regions

Pfizer is in short supply.

That is a simplistic comment. The Federal Govt first ordered Pfizer in Nov 20, then again in early Feb. Repart. concerns were well known at those times, so a little strategic planning would have ensured adequate supply.

The most dangerous place to be is clearly Victoria, where Donkey Dan's gestapo are only too willing to throttle you, run into you with a police car and kick the sh*t out of you for no reason.
DO you have any data that supports that?
If you are a Victorian resident and believe that, probably best to decamp.

They probably think it is an improvement on shooting you, though.
Probably do too, particularly when you consider how notoriously poor shots VicPol are, the SPF ( Singapore ) put us to shame.

Why is it that people are prepared to believe some random on social media, who has no qualifications only a theory, over those who have spent their lives being educated and then working in fields that they then express qualified opinion?
Beyond stupid is right Dave.

Same reason people chose to believe evangelical preachers telling them to hate and fear and the world is 6000 years old when none of it makes a bit of sense.

Because they want to. It is meeting some sort of deep seated need that is important to them. Easy answers are preferable to complex, or ambiguous. There is usually some sort of perceived payback in the form of a sense of agency in the face of what feels like overwhelming forces. Add to that societal polarisation, where people are told to distrust figures who speak with hard won experience because they are "different" to us, and you have a perfect storm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back