Covid talk from Scandals board

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
I'm just trying to get a number of cases confirmed caused by the vaccine. People take these numbers and think they are all vaccine deaths or something.

This test was done in the US on a random sample of 1.9 million double vaccinated people aged over 12 years.

Highest incidence of Vax related Myo was in adolescent and young males - 826 out of 1626 confirmed cases out of total of 1.9 million vaxxed included in the sample.

589 were succesfully treated by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

Research conducted by Medical professionals associated with the following:

• US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia
  • 2School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
  • 3Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
  • 4Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
  • 5Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
  • 6Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
  • 7Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
  • 8US Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland

Last edited:

patmatcat

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong

1 in 100,000.
I had issues with my heart after Pfizer, went to 3 doctors and only 1 admitted it was most likely Myo/Pero. Tried to record my issues with NSW health and it was basically impossible, no form to fill out, huge delays on the phone, *ing bs basically.

I don't know you or what your actual issue was, but it sounds like you went doctor shopping for someone to "admit" that it was what you wanted it to be.

Are you saying the other two doctors were lying?

Did your friendly doctor definitely connect it to the vaccine?

Blue Warrior

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I had issues with my heart after Pfizer, went to 3 doctors and only 1 admitted it was most likely Myo/Pero. Tried to record my issues with NSW health and it was basically impossible, no form to fill out, huge delays on the phone, f*n bs basically.

We had the same with my 16 year old son and his pericarditis from the third dose of pfizer who had never had heart issues before and is actually a very fit teenager.

He was in ED for 16 hours which included blood tests,ECG then off to cardiologist for echogram he was diagnosed with a mild case of pericarditis and was on some strong anti inflammatory meds (600 mg ibuprofen x 3 times a day) for 12 days and had pain in his chest and was struggling to breathe which subsided after about 16 days.

He has been back playing basketball and now pre season footy training/gym sessions and has had the odd breathlessness moment and mild pain on a couple
of occasions but generally much better over the last month.

We have not had anyone call from WA Health/TGA etc to follow up on his case the only thing we have done is the vaccination survey that everyone
gets and we wrote pericarditis as a side effect and that he went to hospital in ED and missed a couple weeks of school.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
We have not had anyone call from WA Health/TGA etc to follow up on his case the only thing we have done is the vaccination survey that everyone
gets and we wrote pericarditis as a side effect and that he went to hospital in ED and missed a couple weeks of school.

so, the issue has been recorded and is being managed by appropriate medical personnel...what else do you expect?

Blue Warrior

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
so, the issue has been recorded and is being managed by appropriate medical personnel...what else do you expect?

I'd like to know how it's been managed when there has not even been a follow up call/email to see how he is or if any other problems have arisen since the diagnosis especially if they're saying on the TGA that it's such a rare occurrence.

Maybe even given a referral to a cardiologist appointment every 4-6 months just to make sure no more damage has been done to his heart as the pain etc lasted a week to ten days after the original cardiologist appointment and he has had some mild pain at least once since recovering when pushing to run during high intense activity.

Also if it's only a rare occurrence surely we should be given a number/code if we are indeed case number whatever and they can monitor him for any further health problems that may come about after his official diagnosis if he is admitted to hospital/visits GP with same symptoms again or any new problems.

At the end of the day I was just backing up the poster who was saying that they had a heart related problem and no follow up since which is exactly what happened to us and should be better monitored/followed up especially when a previously non existent heart condition has been officially diagnosed and was caused by the Pfizer vaccine.

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
I'd like to know how it's been managed when there has not even been a follow up call/email to see how he is or if any other problems have arisen since the diagnosis especially if they're saying on the TGA that it's such a rare occurrence.

Maybe even given a referral to a cardiologist appointment every 4-6 months just to make sure no more damage has been done to his heart as the pain etc lasted a week to ten days after the original cardiologist appointment and he has had some mild pain at least once since recovering when pushing to run during high intense activity.

Also if it's only a rare occurrence surely we should be given a number/code if we are indeed case number whatever and they can monitor him for any further health problems that may come about after his official diagnosis if he is admitted to hospital/visits GP with same symptoms again or any new problems.

At the end of the day I was just backing up the poster who was saying that they had a heart related problem and no follow up since which is exactly what happened to us and should be better monitored/followed up especially when a previously non existent heart condition has been officially diagnosed and was caused by the Pfizer vaccine.

Pericarditis is an inflammation of the heart ‘skin’....Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart wall muscle.

So technically different..but clearly both inflammatory ailments that may well be a side effect experienced by many more than those that are reported.

The real point here is neither of these conditions are going to kill you stone dead....they are eminently treatable with low level medications...Ibuprofen etc.

I suspect a healthy dose of Delta would leave you in a far more serious state....and is far harder to treat.

Last edited:

Blue Warrior

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Pericarditis us an inflammation of the heart ‘skin’....Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart wall muscle.

So technically different..but clearly both inflammatory ailments that may well be a side effect experienced by many more than those that are reported.

The real point here is neither of these conditions are going to kill you stone dead....are are eminently treatable with low level medications...Ibuprofen etc.

I suspect a healthy dose of Delta would leave you in a far more serious state....and is far harder to treat.

Yes exactly that's the reason my family is triple vaccinated.

But it was still not a great time for my young bloke and quite stress full for us.

There should be more information/follow up/data collection/feedback done by TGA/Health Department from families like us who were affected by an adverse

reaction to the vaccine and being a rare occurrence some sort of tracking of such incident.

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
Yes exactly that's the reason my family is triple vaccinated.

But it was still not a great time for my young bloke and quite stress full for us.

There should be more information/follow up/data collection/feedback done by TGA/Health Department from families like us who were affected by an adverse

reaction to the vaccine and being a rare occurrence some sort of tracking of such incident.

I agree. But our Feds don’t believe in sharing information.....their mantra is more ‘Trust us..don’t ask questions.....we know whats good for you’

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Nah, love my club, love that we accept mediocrity is good enough. Love that we haven't had any success but we keep the man who puts our list together each year. Awesome place

Season 4 Sleep GIF by The Simpsons

Back