Covid thread, no other politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, being around a smoker like my grandfather when I was a kid meant I was also getting some. So relived when banned from pube as nothing worse than waking up the next morning reeking of smoke.

Yes, it's well known that eating habits tend to be passed on by generation.... which is why more needs to be done in schools to break the unhealthy eating cycle.
Very glad it was banned from pubes..abad place to smell smoke no doubt

They will evolve it so that as you scan it will confirm your vaccination status as an all in one app. But for international travel they will have to almost develop a universal app to verify your status as you enter and leave countries i suppose
This is another thing.

Why has this evolved into those vaccinated fearing the unvaxed? And needing to exclude the unvaxed.

It is really the other way round. Being fully vaxed, I have no fear of getting COVID. Vaccination means the chances of me getting it and carrying the virus/spreading it is negligible. And if I do get it, the actual sickness is statistically minimal.

Excluding the unvaxed, is about protecting them. Why should we have to take action to protect those who made the choice not to vaccinate.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That doesn't bother me.
Facebook and other tech already tracks me.

I just hate having to constantly use my phine/have it on me.

Same with masks. Most people don't use them properly anyway. Single use masks having from car rear view mirror and used multiple times. Masks that are filthy etc.

Plus having to carry one all the time is a hassle. Went for a walk this morning, walked past a shop remembering we need milk. But I can't go in and buy one as no mask on me.

It is also weird and unnatural to wear a mask indoors all the time. Hard for those that rely on lip reading and dehumanises people somewhat.

Why the hassle when the modelling says the Health system can handled the case load once we hit 80%.

Dont get me started on masks lol.

You only need to wear them when you leave or enter a gym. I mean wtf.

In NSW, under the penultimate restrictions, I was able to go to the pub, enter masked, and order and pay for takeway.
Now, the restrictions have been "eased", and now they won't let me in the door because I'm not fully vaccinated!
If it wasn't for the manager, who knows me, taking my order and letting me pay outside, I would have been going hungry. :rolleyes:

I see what you are saying, but shouldn't the same standard be applied to smokers, obese people, drug users etc - they also clog up hospital beds and use resources when if they only stopped smoking / taking drugs or in the case of obese people, lost weight, it would take the strain off the health system. The standard should be either applied evenly or not at all
Ten wrongs don't make a right

Laughable how? There’d barely be a person on this forum who hasn’t had a number of vaccines throughout their life.
The difference is the now doubters didn't "research" the topic on social media. They listened to the experts, now they listen to idiots on the net who never finished school.

In NSW, under the penultimate restrictions, I was able to go to the pub, enter masked, and order and pay for takeway.
Now, the restrictions have been "eased", and now they won't let me in the door because I'm not fully vaccinated!
If it wasn't for the manager, who knows me, taking my order and letting me pay outside, I would have been going hungry. :rolleyes:
That is the 1 step forward 2 steps back rule

Obesity, smoking and drug use are addictions that do use up too much health resources already so
we shouldn’t be adding yet another huge factor such as rampant Covid to completely clog up an already strained system. Not vaccinating is not even an addiction, it’s just a very poor choice based on misinformation

When the 80% figure was first talked about, I thought all restrictions were going to cease.

Tge modelling suggesting this is the magic number the Health Systems across Australia can deal with.

NSW have similar restrictions to us here in SA.

Are we going to be using QR check ins and indoor mask wearing forever?

Gladys made a lot of things up on the fly, but she never said at 80% all restrictions were going to cease. The one thing she did say consistently is that it would always be in stages, dependent on the rate of vaccination.

You are refuting an argument nobody here is making.

What is your argument in favour of a Covid vaccine mandate?
I was responding to the assertation that having childhood vaccines years ago precludes you from being classed as an anti-vaxxer now which is patently false.

The arguments for encouraging as near to universal vaccination as possible have been very clearly stated in the media and in this thread

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should get rid of the elderly too. They clog hospitals more than anyone.

They're knocked off their perch quicker if they're a smoker, fat or alcoholic. Swings and roundabouts.

Warning that this might not be true. Worked for a guy that had spent a long time in the tobacco industry. There was an industry rumour that not that many years ago one of the big companies commissioned a study into the claim that smoking costs the health system s**t trucks of $. Apparently it concluded that the cost was between minimal and less than zero because smokers died much quicker and so the years of gradual progression in costs were avoided whilst the acute component itself was lessened because they died much quicker. Kind of makes some sense and it would be understandable as to why they'd not release the report to refute the claims.

They're knocked off their perch quicker if they're a smoker, fat or alcoholic. Swings and roundabouts.

Warning that this might not be true. Worked for a guy that had spent a long time in the tobacco industry. There was an industry rumour that not that many years ago one of the big companies commissioned a study into the claim that smoking costs the health system sh*t trucks of $. Apparently it concluded that the cost was between minimal and less than zero because smokers died much quicker and so the years of gradual progression in costs were avoided whilst the acute component itself was lessened because they died much quicker. Kind of makes some sense and it would be understandable as to why they'd not release the report to refute the claims.
That tobacco industry claim is complete bullshit!

Warning that this might not be true. Worked for a guy that had spent a long time in the tobacco industry. There was an industry rumour that not that many years ago one of the big companies commissioned a study into the claim that smoking costs the health system sh*t trucks of $. Apparently it concluded that the cost was between minimal and less than zero because smokers died much quicker and so the years of gradual progression in costs were avoided whilst the acute component itself was lessened because they died much quicker. Kind of makes some sense and it would be understandable as to why they'd not release the report to refute the claims.

The long term effects of vaping will be interesting.

Have heard that before and sounds a bit dodgy, but it's an argument neither the pro or anti smoking groups would be keen to promote

very definitive statement, when even a quick Google search suggests in plain English that studies have produced differing outcomes. https://www.tobaccoinaustralia.org.au/chapter-17-economics/17-2-the-costs-of-smoking

View attachment 1263355
That's because tobacco companies spent plenty of money buying off dodgy research to avoid compensation payouts.

Anyone with credible medical background will tell you the cost of smoking on the healh system is enormous... & much more than a non-smoker over their lifetime.

I was responding to the assertation that having childhood vaccines years ago precludes you from being classed as an anti-vaxxer now which is patently false.

The arguments for encouraging as near to universal vaccination as possible have been very clearly stated in the media and in this thread

What about having adulthood vaccines?

Or does that run headlong into your midwit narrative?

That's because tobacco companies spent plenty of money buying off dodgy research to avoid compensation payouts.

Anyone with credible medical background will tell you the cost of smoking on the healh system is enormous... & much more than a non-smoker over their lifetime.
The main reason for such harsh restrictions and eventual elimination of smoking.

The taxation received is far smaller than the cost of patients in the Heath System with tobacco related illness.

Again…I‘m asking you for the argument in favour of mandating it, not encouraging it.

C’mon, you can do it. Third time lucky.
The arguments are very clear cut and I don't need to repeat them - you know them as well as anyone else unless you haven't been keeping up in which case you should get out more. Anyone can opt out but they might lose their occupation in certain and ultimately most industries, their ability to travel and be entertained etc. It's coming whether you like it or not and it will undoubtedly save lives.
We'll all get Covid in the end, the question is whether you get it vaccinated or unvaccinated, The only matter of luck is Russian roulette for those who don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back