Covid thread, no other politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when can businesses enforce customers to vaccinate?

What some are doing is refusing entry for the unvaccinated, which is their prerogative.

The unvaccinated are going to limit their lifestyle choices, including the ability to travel overseas... but that will be their choice.

Big risk in SA. If Kane is correct and the NT mandated it for pretty much every employee that comes into contact with the public is to protect indigenous people then SA has similar challenges in the North and West of the state. So theyd either need to have separate rules for different regions or ignore whatever risks the NT deemed unacceptable.
The indigenous issue was me guessing their thinking - as I don't know their actual reasoning.

SA are sending out mobile teams to increase the indigenous covax rate. Eg. For Aboriginal health clinics, they ask the patients whether they want a covid vaccination when they come in for other issues.

I doubt SA will have separate rules, but would prefer to target communities, not just Aboriginal who have low covax rates.

Since when can businesses enforce customers to vaccinate?

What some are doing is refusing entry for the unvaccinated, which is their prerogative.

The unvaccinated are going to limit their lifestyle choices, including the ability to travel overseas... but that will be their choice.

i said "require", I ever suggested they could force customers. Actually, they can't force staff to get vaccinated either. Only deny them employment as they would shoppers. It's the same thing. You keep swinging but you keep missing. loving your attempt strawmen arguments though.

So, for those that can read and comprehend. If you deny employment under health and safety laws shouldn't that mean unvaccinated shoppers are denied entry for the same reason. Surely the dangers are at best equivalent.

i said "require", I ever suggested they could force customers. Actually, they can't force staff to get vaccinated either. Only deny them employment as they would shoppers. It's the same thing. You keep swinging but you keep missing. loving your attempt strawmen arguments though.

So, for those that can read and comprehend. If you deny employment under health and safety laws shouldn't that mean unvaccinated shoppers are denied entry for the same reason. Surely the dangers are at best equivalent.
Employers can refuse to take on employees who are unvaccinated.

Business can refuse entry of unvaccinated customers.

It's really quite simple despite your endless ranting.

Employers can refuse to take on employees who are unvaccinated.

Business can refuse entry of unvaccinated customers.

It's really quite simple despite your endless ranting.

I see that you're refusing to address the actual question. Best leave it to those that are actually prepared to think. Woolworths are reported to be requiring staff to be vaccinated but no suggestion shoppers will have the same requirement. Wouldn't you think it both or neither? On what basis do you need to protect shoppers from staff but not staff from shoppers?

I know, that's a rant because it makes your head hurt to think about covid logic. Maybe wait for Spurrier to explain it to you and then you might be able to repeat it to me.

I see that you're refusing to address the actual question. Best leave it to those that are actually prepared to think. Woolworths are reported to be requiring staff to be vaccinated but no suggestion shoppers will have the same requirement. Wouldn't you think it both or neither? On what basis do you need to protect shoppers from staff but not staff from shoppers?

I know, that's a rant because it makes your head hurt to think about covid logic. Maybe wait for Spurrier to explain it to you and then you might be able to repeat it to me.
I have answered your question but you just don't like my answer.

Feel free being a covid arm chair expert as you have made it clear you have a better handle on major decisions than CMO's & politicians making decisions...

The indigenous issue was me guessing their thinking - as I don't know their actual reasoning.

SA are sending out mobile teams to increase the indigenous covax rate. Eg. For Aboriginal health clinics, they ask the patients whether they want a covid vaccination when they come in for other issues.

I doubt SA will have separate rules, but would prefer to target communities, not just Aboriginal who have low covax rates.

Well, if it's not the indigenous issue in the NT then the government is mandating for no particular in industries that you don't seem to agree is necessary. I know you'll never provide a definite view ahad of a government decision just i case you don't guess correctly. But I'll ask anyway, do you think the SA government should mandate vaccination for staff in the retail and hospitality sectors.

And I'm not asking about business decisions, it's up to them how they manage risks to worker health under the WHS act. I'm only asking about government making the call.

Well, if it's not the indigenous issue in the NT then the government is mandating for no particular in industries that you don't seem to agree is necessary. I know you'll never provide a definite view ahad of a government decision just i case you don't guess correctly. But I'll ask anyway, do you think the SA government should mandate vaccination for staff in the retail and hospitality sectors.

And I'm not asking about business decisions, it's up to them how they manage risks to worker health under the WHS act. I'm only asking about government making the call.
Lol, you say I don't give my view in case I will be wrong... quoting a post where I gave an opinion!

I just choose to disengage with you when you get in another one of your batng & ranting moods as honestly have better things to do!

don't think SA government will enforce it for all hospitality but I think much of the industry will.

I have answered your question but you just don't like my answer.

Feel free being a covid arm chair expert as you have made it clear you have a better handle on major decisions than CMO's & politicians making decisions...

no you haven. I asked whether it made sense to require vacc from staff but not shoppers. You only stated the bleeding obvious that businesses can make decisions, not whether it makes sense to require vaccination from only 1 group. You're being very dishonest by suggesting you've answered the question.

Here, yes or no? Does it make sense to Kane that Woolworths would demand staff be vaccinated to work but not require shoppers be vaccinated to shop? Yes or no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no you haven. I asked whether it made sense to require vacc from staff but not shoppers. You only stated the bleeding obvious that businesses can make decisions, not whether it makes sense to require vaccination from only 1 group. You're being very dishonest by suggesting you've answered the question.

Here, yes or no? Does it make sense to Kane that Woolworths would demand staff be vaccinated to work but not require shoppers be vaccinated to shop? Yes or no?
Find someone else to play your game.

Night.

Lol, you say I don't give my view in case I will be wrong... quoting a post where I gave an opinion!

I don't think SA government will enforce it for all hospitality but I think much of the industry will.

you didn't provide a personal opinion, you guessed at a reason why the NTG might have made their decision. That's not an opinion of yours. And I note that instead of actually providing one, you descended to personal attack again.

Find someone else to play your game.

Night.

a simple yes or no would have sufficed. Look, it's easy I think it's weird, I can understand why businesses are requiring vaccinations if staff. They have a duty under law. But that logically extends to requiring it from shoppers for the exact same reason.

There's nothing sinister in the question and there's nothing difficult about answering it. Weird that you flatly refuse to do this and then bald face lie by saying you had.

You guys had your third booster yet?

Problem over there is that a fairly large number of people were vaccinated very early this year so if the boosters were at best annual, many would be getting close to that year gap anyway so would be due the next shot

Down here in Tassie, our second lock down lasted all of 3 days with masks for 7 days … just shows how lucky we have been.

People here are as bad as any when it comes to looking at bigger picture.

Today in the city I’ve seen at least 3 altercations between people refusing to wear a mask and those asking them why not.

If we have a real outbreak here again, it will be wild fire IMO.

Meh. It’ll be like the annual flu shot.
Indeed... & likely only needed for the vulnerable & those in particularly industries... & not everyone like the initial vaccination.

Down here in Tassie, our second lock down lasted all of 3 days with masks for 7 days … just shows how lucky we have been.

People here are as bad as any when it comes to looking at bigger picture.

Today in the city I’ve seen at least 3 altercations between people refusing to wear a mask and those asking them why not.

If we have a real outbreak here again, it will be wild fire IMO.
I doubt it as Tassie is already over 70% fully vaccinated, so that would significantly reduce the impact of any outbreak.

a simple yes or no would have sufficed. Look, it's easy I think it's weird, I can understand why businesses are requiring vaccinations if staff. They have a duty under law. But that logically extends to requiring it from shoppers for the exact same reason.

There's nothing sinister in the question and there's nothing difficult about answering it. Weird that you flatly refuse to do this and then bald face lie by saying you had.
I'm not sure it's that much of a logical step.

Woolworth employees can't roll up under the influence, but it doesn't stop customers coming in under the influence to buy stuff.

At my work as at next year we need to be vaccinated. There is no requirement for our customers.

We just need to maintain our social distance etc.

Mind you, I reckon the Govt will take care of it for companies anyway

I doubt it as Tassie is already over 70% fully vaccinated, so that would significantly reduce the impact of any outbreak.

The government modelling released yesterday suggests over 200 deaths once we open up.

Our older generation is very susceptible. Smoking rates for older Tasmanians are very high.

We have a strong anti-establishment vibe down here.

I could see Covid smashing us once it gets into the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back