Covid thread, no other politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it’s much easier to get around something that’s not a border.

Not really, the border is just a line that cuts through the roads between states. logically, if you only wanted to draw a straight line, you'd draw it where the least amount of crossings are. But there's no reason the lines needed to be straight. They did it purely because all controls relied on state government emergency powers and to shift 'borders' around would have required cooperation between states. And from the very beginning, they all implemented different levels of control. With a little effort they could have done less damage to regions without any increase in risk. But the people we relied upon for that peak at telling us to not touch a football.

I have been watching the covid exposure site numbers coming down, which appears to be good news. But there are more and more stories about named venues which are closed for deep cleaning but are not being listed. Whether there have always been inaccuracies or whether it is a new problem I don't know but the exposure list numbers dropping may not be the good news it appears. More concerning with the case numbers creeping, and worse, the number of mystery cases growing.

So 70% first jabbed has arrived, 46% double jabbed. They should be able to set a date now where 100% of people have had the option and open let us go back to our normal lives. It seems to go up about 1% per day, so in about 60 days, that's it, natural selection can do the rest. I'd be comfortable with a revisiting of restrictions if ICUs are overwhelmed. Otherwise, lets just see what happens.

So 70% first jabbed has arrived, 46% double jabbed. They should be able to set a date now where 100% of people have had the option and open let us go back to our normal lives. It seems to go up about 1% per day, so in about 60 days, that's it, natural selection can do the rest. I'd be comfortable with a revisiting of restrictions if ICUs are overwhelmed. Otherwise, lets just see what happens.
Days to 80% fully vaccinated.

NSW - 31
Vic - 84
Qld -79
WA - 77
SA - 73
Tas - 65
ACT - 33
NT - 66

So should be able to have borders opened back up by early December. Expect all states will, except WA if there are still significant cases elsewhere... but would expect numbers to fall as vaccination rates increase.

Welll, well, well... no wonder the processing of 200 SA covid travel exceptions per day is a mess... as it's chaired by Jamin Woolcock, who is the CFO for SA Health.

Could not find a more unsuitable person. Strange given have plenty of senior public health clinicians in SA Health.

Expect 1970crow will have a field day with this one...

Welll, well, well... no wonder the processing of 200 SA covid travel exceptions per day is a mess... as it's chaired by Jamin Woolcock, who is the CFO for SA Health.

Could not find a more unsuitable person. Strange given have plenty of senior public health clinicians in SA Health.

Expect 1970crow will have a field day with this one...

Having an accountant chair a group doesn't bother me. Bureaucrats implementing a system that has a 3 month backlog does though. But then, we know the public service couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag unless someone had already written them a procedure on how to do it. And yet they all believe that everything they do is best practise. This would be a perfect example of this group of nimrods believing they're succeeding because they're adhering to their procedures. Which in their minds equals a positive outcome. Despite though obvious shambles that have unfolded.

The problem with the public service is that management is full of lifetime public servants.

Having an accountant chair a group doesn't bother me. Bureaucrats implementing a system that has a 3 month backlog does though. But then, we know the public service couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag unless someone had already written them a procedure on how to do it. And yet they all believe that everything they do is best practise. This would be a perfect example of this group of nimrods believing they're succeeding because they're adhering to their procedures. Which in their minds equals a positive outcome. Despite though obvious shambles that have unfolded.

The problem with the public service is that management is full of lifetime public servants.
Nothing about Woolcock is best practice!

career public servant isnt he?
Was in Treasury, then financial accounting, kissed the right people on the arse & jetsened into CFO role without having any health unit experience.

After more than a decade in the role, still doesn't understand how health units operate nor ABF funding & performance model... nor does he care.

Has appointed many close mates & relatives of mates to key roles even though they didn't have the necessary experience.

Staggering he is still in this very important role.

Was in Treasury, then financial accounting, kissed the right people on the arse & jetsened into CFO role without having any health unit experience.

After more than a decade in the role, still doesn't understand how health units operate nor ABF funding & performance model... nor does he care.

Has appointed many close mates & relatives of mates to key roles even though they didn't have the necessary experience.

Staggering he is still in this very important role.

you're really just describing what I expect to be SOP across most of the PS.

NSW - 31
Vic - 84
Qld -79
WA - 77
SA - 73
Tas - 65
ACT - 33
NT - 66

So should be able to have borders opened back up by early December. Expect all states will, except WA if there are still significant cases elsewhere... but would expect numbers to fall as vaccination rates increase.
Things will slow down, we aren’t waiting on vaccines now are we?

Things will slow down, we aren’t waiting on vaccines now are we?
I assume you mean the number of people with covid as opposed to the number vaccinated will slow down.

Already seeing NSW covid cases stabilise as they are the highest vaccinated state. Doubt this would have been the case, which is why they got the extra vaccines.

Problem is Victoria is well behind NSW.

I assume you mean the number of people with covid as opposed to the number vaccinated will slow down.

Already seeing NSW covid cases stabilise as they are the highest vaccinated state. Doubt this would have been the case, which is why they got the extra vaccines.

Problem is Victoria is well behind NSW.
Nah I meant vaccinations, those that are keen will have gone as soon as they can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I meant vaccinations, those that are keen will have gone as soon as they can.
No signs of number of daily vaccinations slowing down.

Don't think there will be any problem getting passed the 80% of over 16's targeted... so we can get back to more normality.
Wouldn't surprise if we get to around 90%.

Edit - WA is the only jurisdiction where the number of vaccinations has slowed down. Not sure why as they are also behind most other states with their overall vaccination too.

They don't seem to concerned given their border stance, but imagine the natives will get restless when the rest of Australia opens up & they are still closed

Last edited:
No signs of number of daily vaccinations slowing down.

Don't think there will be any problem getting passed the 80% of over 16's targeted... so we can get back to more normality.
Wouldn't surprise if we get to around 90%.

Edit - WA is the only jurisdiction where the number of vaccinations has slowed down. Not sure why as they are also behind most other states with their overall vaccination too.

They don't seem to concerned given their border stance, but imagine the natives will get restless when the rest of Australia opens up & they are still closed

missus reckons DC of Grant is at about 25% double jab. I know when I got my first dose the young hairdresser I went to straight after said she hadn't made up her mind. Funny if a region nowhere near the bulk of the population is responsible for delaying whatever 'freedoms' are to be rolled out at 80%. Would be pay back for having to be locked down without any cases within hundreds of kms.

missus reckons DC of Grant is at about 25% double jab. I know when I got my first dose the young hairdresser I went to straight after said she hadn't made up her mind. Funny if a region nowhere near the bulk of the population is responsible for delaying whatever 'freedoms' are to be rolled out at 80%. Would be pay back for having to be locked down without any cases within hundreds of kms.
Your hairdresser isn't very bright if she is dithering over the covax..... given hairdressers have been impacted by restrictions.

NSW - 31
Vic - 84
Qld -79
WA - 77
SA - 73
Tas - 65
ACT - 33
NT - 66

Vic seems to be stagnating through the 500's. Did NSW blast through them? Might max out at 700ish proving that short and sharp lockdowns do work and Gladys was responsible after all for Delta getting loose in NSW. Their death numbers are low, I suppose all the at risk were cleared out earlier in the piece.

The Age Denial saying today “we can’t stay locked down forever.” He's a little late to that party but I guess we take what we can get.

Vic seems to be stagnating through the 500's. Did NSW blast through them? Might max out at 700ish proving that short and sharp lockdowns do work and Gladys was responsible after all for Delta getting loose in NSW. Their death numbers are low, I suppose all the at risk were cleared out earlier in the piece.

Two points to note up front (1) Different vertical scales (2) different vaccine roll-out in the two states....but that said, to the naked eye maybe lockdown slowed the spread a little in the early days but otherwise hard to see much difference.
table.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back