Covid thread, no other politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Business owners are now making the call that they don't want to risk their business operations being disrupted due to unvaccinated staff... which puts both their staff & customers at a higher risk of covid.

These are business decisions & requirements which are similar to other requirements for employment that exist at the moment.

not in the NT, it's government mandate and we're yet to be availed of our pathway out in SA.

You may find this website interesting:
reading the table of those hospitalised, I am assuming that is a rolling total - not new admissions per day? otherwise that is between 30-40% of daily case numbers ending up in hospital which does not seem right

ie on 20th october 786 hospitalised, 147 ICU and 97 on ventilators
then 21st october those numbers were 779, 141 & 96

only if you signed on with it being a condition of employment. On the second part, I can agree, but you mentioned it being reasonable due to the nature of your work. So you're saying it should be risk based dependent upon work rather than a blanket rule?
I'm saying it should be the right of the employer to choose how they believe it will impact them.

Obviously in some industries like health & aged care it will be mandated.

Other industries such as the hoteliers, it will be employers choice.

reading the table of those hospitalised, I am assuming that is a rolling total - not new admissions per day? otherwise that is between 30-40% of daily case numbers ending up in hospital which does not seem right

ie on 20th october 786 hospitalised, 147 ICU and 97 on ventilators
then 21st october those numbers were 779, 141 & 96
Correct, these are rolling totals.

not in the NT, it's government mandate and we're yet to be availed of our pathway out in SA.
I gather NT Government has mandated it because of the concern about the high indigenous population?

It's a concern across Australia that there are significant lower vaccination rates for the indigenous... which really should be a priority before we open everything back up.

You're breaking my heart. They have a choice. Get the safe vaccine like any sensible person would and save themselves and others. Or get another job, if you don't want the vaccine, then the health industry isn't for you.

So,do you reckon this vaccine mandate is going to eventually spread to include everyone?

they seem to have stopped letting us know whether the dead people had other illnesses or not. Early days they did because they didn't want us to panic too much. Now they want us in a state of max fear so letting us know the existing conditions of the dead would be counterproductive. The absence of information tells you everything you need to know.

And on that…

This isn’t parody. These people are actually serious.

You want there to be a media briefing on every death.

Why stop at covid deaths?

How about there is a briefing on every death in the health system.

You have your agenda & feel free to harp on about it forever...

I specifically stated I don't want a media briefing on covid deaths. It's you that said it would take up air time and I said it should just be in the govt covid pages. I guess you can't argue against the point I made so you made your own that you could argue against. Speaking of agendas, yours is exceedingly obvious and it results in the straw man bullshit you just posted.

to reiterate, no, it shouldn't be a media briefing, the info should be available on publicly assessable websites. That's 3 times I've posted it, hopefully you can comprehend it this time.

I'm saying it should be the right of the employer to choose how they believe it will impact them.

Obviously in some industries like health & aged care it will be mandated.

Other industries such as the hoteliers, it will be employers choice.

But what about the NT where it's mandated by government, including hotels and basic retail? I've got no issue with employers using the WHS Regs, my query is government mandate for industries that aren't related to healthcare. As is the case in the NT. But as usual, I expect you view to change to align with any government decision.

I gather NT Government has mandated it because of the concern about the high indigenous population?

It's a concern across Australia that there are significant lower vaccination rates for the indigenous... which really should be a priority before we open everything back up.

Aren't unvaccinated indigenous people to be frowned upon like every other person who chooses not get jabbed? They can just stay at home like everyone else is going to be expected to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not asking for a definitive. Just an opinion.

Big risk in SA. If Kane is correct and the NT mandated it for pretty much every employee that comes into contact with the public is to protect indigenous people then SA has similar challenges in the North and West of the state. So theyd either need to have separate rules for different regions or ignore whatever risks the NT deemed unacceptable.

A “world-first” Australian study which Victoria’s government has held up as proof its mandatory face mask policy worked is riddled with basic errors and should never have been published in a major journal, medical researchers and experts say.

Victoria first made face masks mandatory outside the home in Melbourne during its second coronavirus wave in July 2020, but the Department of Health has been unable to provide any scientific research or studies upon which the decision was made.

And as a surprise to no one (except those blind enough to think they have not been lied to the whole way down the line), proof that gain of function research was funded by NIH in a direct rebuke of Fauci who has now been shown to have openly lied. So now the chances of that virus coming from a lab look to be quite a bit higher than what we were being told

If you require your staff to be vaccinated under health and safety law wouldn't you require the same from your customers? Surely an unvaccinated customer is equally as dangerous as an unvaccinated work colleague. How can the be separate rules for each?
Since when can businesses enforce customers to vaccinate?

What some are doing is refusing entry for the unvaccinated, which is their prerogative.

The unvaccinated are going to limit their lifestyle choices, including the ability to travel overseas... but that will be their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back