Covid Vaccination Feedback and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot of interest in how people have reacted to the Covid vaccines injections.
A poster thought it would be good to start up a reference page so we can all see the reactions, their severity and their longevity.

It was a cloudy day, some weeks ago now.

It was at a medical clinic, not dissimilar to the one I usually attend. Actually, it was the same one.

The nurse was a relaxed woman, and her manner put me at ease. When she asked, 'left or right arm?', I replied in a similarly calm manner. Left please.

I took my jumper off, revealing a body bursting with ice-cream, arms softened by inactivity. There was hardly time to be properly self-conscious about my corpulent condition before the needle had done its work and the puncture had been covered.

On that day, I became Astra Zeneca Man (Part I). With a proud heart I rushed (carefully) down the stairs, made my follow-up appointment, and waiting an excruciating 15 minutes until I could rush home and tell my partner that my vaccination had begun.

No side effects were suffered.

I heard from good sources i would be in and out of the Exhibition buildings quick smart. Wandered over after work in June. The night air was frigid, but I had a coat and would be indoors shortly. Bumped into the Q coming around the corner, 20 long so looked ok. Checked with the woman in front of me, right place. Got to the front of the line as it went around the corner looking for the warmth of indoors. Buggar, the line now snaked around the corner 100's of people long. Poor recon by me.

AZ injection went in an hour later. Woke up next morning, wondered if I was tired because I was tired or AZ side effects kicking in. Realised later in day hadnt thought about the vacc again and SE free. 2nd dose September.

Moral of the story - Pre vaccine hypothermia may prevent AZ side effects.

PPS For old buggars. When the young man asking for your details wants to know your identifier dont stare blankly and say "wot". Then dont do it again. "Are you a bloke" he asks eventually. "Yeah" says I.

I got the Astrazanica 2 Jabs.

I had both at our Family GP Office.

Getting the Actual Needle did not hurt at all but after 1st Jab was bit Off for a Day or 2 and also felt bit hot for a Few Minutes after the Jab but after the 2nd One all I felt where the Injection in for 10 or so Minutes afterwards but felt fine after that

Had first AZ at Showgrounds, only about 20 in the queue (my daughter had just gone past and gave me the tip). Was asked was I over 50? Said yes and suddenly I was 3rd in the queue. Quite a few much younger than me there.

Got the jab, waited for around 15 mins then left. No pain in arm, no after affects.

Rang my GP next day to make app for 2nd jab which is 28 August. Piece of cake.

Feb 13, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Me and the good lady Torpedo have both had our 1st AZ jab. Nurse was professional, the 15min waiting period was entertaining as we went to a place a few suburbs away, and the fashion choices of similar aged (50's) people were somewhat bizarre at times.
We both had sore arms. I felt nausea for about 2 days and the good lady had chills and mild flu like symptoms for 2 days.
Our 2nd is at the end of August.

AZ for me, 15th May at Exhibition Buildings hub with the 2nd booked in for 7th Aug. Very smooth and efficient process, in and out within 35 minutes. I had no side effects other than very slightly sore at the injection site for a few hours which is to be expected after any injection. We had ours done just before the May outbreak so there were hardly any people there and no queues. Seeing the vax hubs getting smashed by high demand just 2 weeks later made me shake my head, hopefully the complacency of our population has been shaken off finally. If you’re eligible, book in and get it done.

I’ve had AstraZeneca twice, once in March and again in June.

Both times I had low level back spasms the next day, but was still able to work in a pretty physically demanding job, and opted for a Panadol only to mitigate the discomfort. Symptoms only lasted one day on each occasion. No other issues of any sort.

I felt off after my first AZ jab. Not so bad that I would ask for pineapple on my pizza, but I felt lethargic and had body aches.

I hope the 2nd jab, scheduled for the 4th of Aug. goes without as many side-effects.

Further, I hope we're out of fn lockdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had AstraZeneca twice, once in March and again in June.

Both times I had low level back spasms the next day, but was still able to work in a pretty physically demanding job, and opted for a Panadol only to mitigate the discomfort. Symptoms only lasted one day on each occasion. No other issues of any sort.

Why did you have it twice TRS?

Oops, ok. Sorry, I didn't realise you could take the AZ vaccine shots 12 weeks apart.

Yeah it’s recommended.

I had my first AZ, then was offered Pfizer, but it seemed to me to make sense to continue with the AZ because of the need for two doses.

I forgot to mention after my 2nd Astrazanica Jab they just let us go home Straight Away without waiting the 15 Minutes

Doesn’t mean you have to.

That’s very interesting. I didn’t know that mixing was advised/allowed in Australia.
I know they did it in the UK to speed up vax numbers.

I don’t think it was planned mixing, more that the various agencies involved probably don’t talk to one another.

Doesn’t mean you have to.
I thought it was Recommended.

We just told the Doctor and Nurse that nothing really happened last time and that is good and did not have to stay and wait the 15 Minutes

Reactions from the AZ are typically observed after the first shot. Extremely rare for issues after the second.
The Pfizer is the exact opposite.

I had the same response to AZ one and two, but the second was marginally stronger FWIW.

I don’t think it was planned mixing, more that the various agencies involved probably don’t talk to one another.

Isn’t that part of the purpose of the vaccine record?

My 23 year old is getting his first Pfizer this morning, eligibility as a result of being a student healthcare worker. I’m very happy about this as it is one less area of worry as he may be potentially exposed as part of placement rotations.
That's great! My teenage grandchildren are eagerly awaiting their turn. Not even so much for themselves but for the elderly family and friends around them.

Decision they made themselves after much research.

Back