Covid Vaccination Feedback and Discussion

Volunteered for the Astra Zeneca before Pfizer was opened to my age group and you could get the AZ if you wanted to.

So I did.

Had a headache the day after the first dose which was to be expected and it had gone away by that night. No reaction to the second dose whatsoever. Will happily get a booster if that's the recommendation in the coming months.

I also couldn't give a flying fu** what gets put in my body so long as it's scientifically advised and is not illegal so to be honest, I actually loved the whole experience. If I could get vaccinated again I would, I really just don't give a sh*t.

Every anti-vaxxer after reading your post:

Every anti-vaxxer after reading your post:

I deleted a whole paragraph touching on that "movement" which is a generous way to describe something that isn't but nonetheless, I realised that this is a place for discussion and I didn't want to make anyone directly angry this morning. I'll just do that by staying safe from COVID and ensuring that I follow the pretty simple rules we are being asked to follow :).

But fine, here's a toned down summary for you ;)
(I was just going to touch on the "they're trying to control and track you" theory that many seem to have - like seriously, 1) if "they" did want to control and track you then they already are and 2) you're really not that important - like actually - no one gives a s**t about you enough to want to control and track you. Grow up)

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I deleted a whole paragraph touching on that "movement" which is a generous way to describe something that isn't but nonetheless, I realised that this is a place for discussion and I didn't want to make anyone directly angry this morning. I'll just do that by staying safe from COVID and ensuring that I follow the pretty simple rules we are being asked to follow :).

But fine, here's a toned down summary for you ;)
(I was just going to touch on the "they're trying to control and track you" theory that many seem to have - like seriously, 1) if "they" did want to control and track you then they already are and 2) you're really not that important - like actually - no one gives a sh*t about you enough to want to control and track you. Grow up)
I was listening to a guy who did "contract work" for the CIA in Afghanistan. His basic premise was that if you ever worked for the CIA, you would know Big Government is nowhere near competent enough to execute on any conspiracy.

I was listening to a guy who did "contract work" for the CIA in Afghanistan. His basic premise was that if you ever worked for the CIA, you would know Big Government is nowhere near competent enough to execute on any conspiracy.
Exactly right. I do have a friend who works with Fed Gov IT - I don't really understand exactly what he does (it's not COVID-monitoring before anyone wants to jump in) but even he sometimes would laugh at how weak or lacklustre some of their systems are.

What also happened too was he had to do an interview before he got some job with a different security clearance and they asked him a heap of questions that they knew about him like "What does it say on your Tinder profile?" and my friend had to give all honest answers otherwise they don't give him the clearance. So I don't discredit that they have the ability to monitor a lot of information but to suggest they're trying to extrapolate this to everyone in the world through a scientifically proven vaccine, like seriously, dead horse...

So yes, the Government is already monitoring those they need to monitor, usually when it comes to national security - they're not monitoring Martha on Facebook sharing links from misinformation and conspiracy theories and they wouldn't waste their time doing so.

Exactly right. I do have a friend who works with Fed Gov IT - I don't really understand exactly what he does (it's not COVID-monitoring before anyone wants to jump in) but even he sometimes would laugh at how weak or lacklustre some of their systems are.

What also happened too was he had to do an interview before he got some job with a different security clearance and they asked him a heap of questions that they knew about him like "What does it say on your Tinder profile?" and my friend had to give all honest answers otherwise they don't give him the clearance. So I don't discredit that they have the ability to monitor a lot of information but to suggest they're trying to extrapolate this to everyone in the world through a scientifically proven vaccine, like seriously, dead horse...

So yes, the Government is already monitoring those they need to monitor, usually when it comes to national security - they're not monitoring Martha on Facebook sharing links from misinformation and conspiracy theories and they wouldn't waste their time doing so.

Anyone that believes that the government has the sophistication to execute this kind of dark control should pause to reflect on Myki.

This putting aside the factor of motivation.

We flatter ourselves by thinking that governments or high powered organisations would go to this much effort to "control" us. Why would they bother?

Anyone that believes that the government has the sophistication to execute this kind of dark control should pause to reflect on Myki.

This putting aside the factor of motivation.

We flatter ourselves by thinking that governments or high powered organisations would go to this much effort to "control" us. Why would they bother?

With AI, it won't be long before governments have the capability to track people effectively. China is already a long way down that road. Which makes you wonder why governments are injecting us with a tracking vaccine that doesn't have the ability to track us?

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
With AI, it won't be long before governments have the capability to track people effectively. China is already a long way down that road. Which makes you wonder why governments are injecting us with a tracking vaccine that doesn't have the ability to track us?
if you have a phone in your pocket, you’re already carrying a tracking device.

And we've all given a large number of companies permission to track our phones. I don't like my neighbours, so a t night I leave my phone in my neighbours backyard so the henchmen will come for them.

Last edited:

In many important respects Google tracks and has more data on each of us than the government does. Not that this is a great thing, just pointing out that people apply less scrutiny as if a California based tech company is somehow a more benevolent entity.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
In many important respects Google tracks and has more data on each of us than the government does. Not that this is a great thing, just pointing out that people apply less scrutiny as if a California based tech company is somehow a more benevolent entity.
What about how they all interact? Right now BF is showing me ads for toner cartridges because I Googled this last week. Not that I am complaining. It made for a tasteful change compared to previous bombardments.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
What about how they all interact? Right now BF is showing me ads for toner cartridges because I Googled this last week. Not that I am complaining. It made for a tasteful change compared to previous bombardments.
I get advertising in a Facebook feed simply by talking about a product.
A couple of years ago a workmate came into my office and talked about his desire to visit India.
I have no desire to visit India, never Googled it, never talked about it.
I am subscribed to a few travel websites. A couple of days after the India conversation I received an email from one of these websites addressed to me personally.
Now these emails of travel deals are 99% generic and never mention my name, this one did.
And can you guess the deals?
India of course.
Your phone, your iPad, your digital assistant.
All eavesdropping 24/7.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
A couple of years ago a workmate came into my office and talked about his desire to visit India.
I am subscribed to a few travel websites. A couple of days after the India conversation I received an email from one of these websites addressed to me personally.
Now these emails of travel deals are 99% generic and never mention my name, this one did.
India of course.
All eavesdropping 24/7.

I feel sorry for the algorithms that have to listen to your craziness.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s what I told my mate, he said he had that app or whatever it is turned off. These guy’s are so far down the conspiracy rabbit hole there’s really no hope for a lot of them.

Yep $$$$$ is more Important then getting the Best 1 Sadly

My Sister is Scared of getting Vaxxed because the the Short and Long Term Side Effects so IF it does show to be Safer she might get it
Throughout the history of vaccines there have been no long term effects, they all come within two months or so.

Throughout the history of vaccines there have been no long term effects, they all come within two months or so.
Except the smallest pub in the world.

Again, Dan Andrews said it on a Covid presser... Dr Chant in NSW also stated that booster shots for the rest of your life. All during press conferences this month.
No one knows, medical breakthroughs all the time. Even have plant based vaccine for the vegans. Please don’t tell the other ones about the baby embryos in them though. That’s always an amusing discussion with antivacers.

Yes.
How do you think they caught the guy that abducted Cleo in WA?
Phone location data!

True, but I imagine they would have needed a warrant for that.

stui magpie

Deity in training, practicing omnipotence
Oct 3, 2005
My place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tocumwal

Not sure about that, but there have been drugs approved for use and encouraged by medical professionals that have had serious long term side effects. Ever heard of Thalidomide?

stui magpie

Deity in training, practicing omnipotence
Oct 3, 2005
My place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tocumwal
True, but I imagine they would have needed a warrant for that.

I don't believe they did. They simply got data from the phone tower nearest to where Cleo was abducted so they could see what phones were active in the area, then it's a matter of detective work, a process of elimination.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
India of course.
All eavesdropping 24/7.
I don't understand what you have against India. I have visited 4 times totalling a year of travel and would return in a heartbeat. And you're not seriously suggesting that your electronic devices eavesdropped on a physical conversation in your office?

Back