Resource COVID19 V - The Info Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Booster shots I believe are available for 5+ year olds in the States. No word of them being available here.
Not sure if/when they will be. I'd question the need for it, given that it's not so severe for youngsters- I think there are a lot of countries that don't immunise for this reason. I remember looking at the data for UK deaths in kids under 5 a while ago, and covid was on par/slightly less than flu (i.e. extremely rare), but that was for delta. Not sure about current variants though. Something I guess the TGA will debate.

Went to IGA today, I was the only person in the store without a mask. * it was awkward, this time last week only a handful were wearing them. Seems people are taking heed to McGowan asking for people to wear them. Might start to wear mine again.
Has it changed that quickly? I was in Perth just last week and it would have been at most 20% in masks at the shops but usually less.

People really do just wait for state daddy to tell them what to do.

Has it changed that quickly? I was in Perth just last week and it would have been at most 20% in masks at the shops but usually less.

People really do just wait for state daddy to tell them what to do.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. This suggests people aren't testing anywhere near as much and that positive cases are under-report by half to two thirds. Makes sense - people aren't going to keep copping 7 day isolation indefinitely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. This suggests people aren't testing anywhere near as much and that positive cases are under-report by half to two thirds. Makes sense - people aren't going to keep copping 7 day isolation indefinitely.

Great but we're talking about mask-wearing, not testing.

Obviously not near 100% but I have definitely noticed a significant amount wearing masks.

I thought it was well known that was the case with Kelly and there would've been others across the AFL. Look at the number of EPL players missing US preseason tours right now because they aren't vaccinated. You'd assume a similar percentage amongst AFL players if given the choice.

It's the case with a ton of people across all of society.
The whole point of the mandates was that the only way a lot of people were going to get vaccinated was if they were all but forced to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back