Resource COVID19 V - The Info Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely.. adding $150-$300 to the already expensive cost to fly to Perth plus then having a stick up ur nose really is selling Wa to people
Cost is one thing, but the bigger issue for me is the constant risk of having your travel plans totally screwed up at a moment's notice. WA family goes on a short trip interstate, one member has positive PCR test before they return- what then?

Absolutely, and comparing them to the Doherty Modelling which is done its easy to see why McGowan has plucked these guys out to go on never mind the fact that not one piece of modelling done has been remotely in the ball park of what has actually happened .

How about real world then? Places like Israel & Singapore have both had to put restrictions back in place to curb the rise in cases. Denmark which lifted all restrictions less than 2 months ago is now seeing cases surge.

At least we get to see what happens in Europe with highly vaccinated populations & Winter. I'm expecting restrictions in place for here next Winter :sadv1:

So all the modeling done by Doherty has been way off, also McGowan shouldn’t have picked “these guys” (I’ve no idea who they are) over Doherty?

The Doherty modelling wasn’t scary enough for him, he needed something to back up his closure for longer….

He says he doesn’t want a supposedly 200 deaths on his conscience., maybe he should reduce the speed limit down to 30km everywhere. That will save a few lives.. what about the other 37 causes of death last year which with higher death rates than covid?

The Doherty modelling wasn’t scary enough for him, he needed something to back up his closure for longer….

He says he doesn’t want a supposedly 200 deaths on his conscience., maybe he should reduce the speed limit down to 30km everywhere. That will save a few lives.. what about the other 37 causes of death last year which with higher death rates than covid?

Who actually did the modeling? It sounds like it was the health dept themselves.

You don’t think halving the number of unvaccinated people wandering around the community would have a marked effect on the number of cases and the number of deaths?

Who actually did the modeling? It sounds like it was the health dept themselves.

You don’t think halving the number of unvaccinated people wandering around the community would have a marked effect on the number of cases and the number of deaths?

The Health Dept of Wa so a branch of McGowans government. Solid source..

At this point people have made up their mind… if they aren’t going to have it now they aren’t going to have it. Its their choice. The unvaccinated are only going to be taking each other out anyway.

This muppet agreed to 80% based on Doherty modelling and wants to change it to something else because he has stood over a defective health system and will get found out worse than he has now..

The Health Dept of Wa so a branch of McGowans government. Solid source..

At this point people have made up their mind… if they aren’t going to have it now they aren’t going to have it. Its their choice. The unvaccinated are only going to be taking each other out anyway.

This muppet agreed to 80% based on Doherty modelling and wants to change it to something else because he has stood over a defective health system and will get found out worse than he has now..
And the people who are unable to get a vaccine for medical reasons, we just let them get it and die? (people in remission from cancer for one example)

So they basically have to hide away because of a bunch of selfish campaigners....

They can asses the risk and make decisions from there… if it got to 80%_90% why should the government then govern for the minority?? Essentially they are doing at it anyway for unvaxed who refuse to get it.

I get it because my sister started chemo today for the umpteenth time but everyone isn’t going to have 100% of coverage .

They can asses the risk and make decisions from there… if it got to 80%_90% why should the government then govern for the minority?? Essentially they are doing at it anyway for unvaxed who refuse to get it.

I get it because my sister started chemo today for the umpteenth time but everyone isn’t going to have 100% of coverage .
Sure but would you not feel guilty if you weren't vaccinated (not saying you're not, I have no idea) and you gave it to your sister?
Would you not be f**king pissed off if some campaigner who'd read too many bullshit facebook posts wasn't vaccinated and infected your sister?
When it could all have likely been avoided for the sake of a couple of shots?

Sure but would you not feel guilty if you weren't vaccinated (not saying you're not, I have no idea) and you gave it to your sister?
Would you not be f**king pissed off if some campaigner who'd read too many bullshit facebook posts wasn't vaccinated and infected your sister?
When it could all have likely been avoided for the sake of a couple of shots?

I am vaxed but even so if i get to see her again ill be at arms length and wear a mask. Its no biggey…

I actually haven’t discussed with her what she does but im guessing she wears a mask out and avoids dangerous places as much as she can…. Her immune system would probably still be knackered that whether its covid or if it was someone with the flu out when they shouldnt be wouldnt make much difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am vaxed but even so if i get to see her again ill be at arms length and wear a mask. Its no biggey…

I actually haven’t discussed with her what she does but im guessing she wears a mask out and avoids dangerous places as much as she can…. Her immune system would probably still be knackered that whether its covid or if it was someone with the flu out when they shouldnt be wouldnt make much difference
The thing is though that the more people that are vaccinated, the less cases we'll have out there in the public so people like your sister who can't get vaxxed will be safer. Keeping the borders closed for a little while longer is a small price to pay to protect people like this in my opinion.

Hope your sister comes through the chemo alright mate.

The thing is though that the more people that are vaccinated, the less cases we'll have out there in the public so people like your sister who can't get vaxxed will be safer. Keeping the borders closed for a little while longer is a small price to pay to protect people like this in my opinion.

Hope your sister comes through the chemo alright mate.

Thank you but shes doing it to buy some time be it 6 months or 2 years.. she was actually not expected to get to last xmas so she is hanging in.

Thank you but shes doing it to buy some time be it 6 months or 2 years.. she was actually not expected to get to last xmas so she is hanging in.
That's tough, been through it myself with my mum. Hopefully it works and those estimates end up being on low side and you get to spend plenty of time with her.

Don't know if it's been posted, but big news. Still needs to undergo peer/regulator review but potentially another treatment to come online soon:

Don't know if it's been posted, but big news. Still needs to undergo peer/regulator review but potentially another treatment to come online soon:

I read about this lastnight too. Like with the new Merck treatment, it's intended to be used for immuno-compromised and at risk individuals (in Australia). Not sure why it wouldn't be made available for everyone.

Not surprised that the same people who don't understand how a paramedic getting vaccinated protects those unable to be vaccinated (a fair proportion of his client base one would assume), are the same people who don't understand the law.

Not surprised that the same people who don't understand how a paramedic getting vaccinated protects those unable to be vaccinated (a fair proportion of his client base one would assume), are the same people who don't understand the law.
Or some minority do not understand the principle of "Duty of Care"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back