Votes: 1 3.6%
  • none of the above, i am a flog.

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Winx will position up last in this small field. I can see Hughie letting her loose about 800m from home and she gaps them. If Dargento puts on too much speed it might bring Humidor into the race. Just can’t see that happening.
i cannot possibly see Humidor beating Benbati. Banbati treated him with contempt last start.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
But he still won't beat Winx because last years CP she was having her 5th run for the prep which I always felt was one too many as it was her longest prep since she has been dominating. The year before it was her 4th and the year before her 3rd. Being wide the trip also didn't help her finishing burst after a long prep.
4th run in this prep, she will blow them away again.
Agree about the 4th up factor. Since the streak started her 4th up efforts have included the 2016 Doncaster (way back then Bowman bustles through at the 300 and pulls clear of HC), the 2nd Cox Plate (perhaps the most dominant win of her career), the 2017 QE (cruises about 6 wide then lengthens for the most effortless of wins), and the 2017 Turnbull (or maybe this was the most effortless). Clearly performs pretty well at every stage of the prep but these would be close to her four best performances.

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Been tied up with work, so late to the party but FWIW:

Loved Matt Chapman's comments. Don't have to agree with him, but he's giving the sport exposure both in the wider media and the people who follow him from Europe. He IS a bit of a dickhead, but Waller took the bait big time - should've just played it off or even invited him to his stables; spun it a different way etc.

I think she'll win (lol gud 1 bro) but I got a lot of time for Benbatl. It just goes to show how vast the gap is when he's comfortably held by A graders in Europe yet he's probably one of the best horses they've sent out here for the race. Backing him for a place is my recommended play in the race, but I'm not investing heavily.

Been burnt by Humidor too many times, I can't back him here. He's not a profile horse - he's an on-the-day run of the race type horse and it's very very hard to predict that accurately. Good luck if he's your get out.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Been burnt by Humidor too many times, I can't back him here. He's not a profile horse - he's an on-the-day run of the race type horse and it's very very hard to predict that accurately. Good luck if he's your get out.

Yeah, he's a "has Weir juiced him for this run?" type of horse

I just had a look at her races. Every year she's gone for a 3 month break after the Cox Plate.

She has, but with the exception of the last run, none have been tough. I don't know, but maybe they will push onto the MacKinnon. You could well be right, and the Winx team will do what's best for the horse

Cash is King

Quiet Australian
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Gonna price boost my sisters Neds with Winx for a grand then lay her on the exchange for a guaranteed. Hundred. Should never really do this on the piss but it’s a Saturday and it’s been a hard week at work.

Like Savatiano for the boosted odds of $2.34 also

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pacemaker sorted

DE04201C-E0E9-408E-B639-DD3B82E502F1.jpeg