Racing Cox Plate 2020 discussion .

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a shame we have to look at moving Gp1 races with solid history to cater for an invite only non black type race but that's the reality PVL has created. If the Manikato isn't moved it will be Gp2 within a couple of years given the quality of horseflesh lining up. It was disgusting to hear Saturday labelled "Everest Day" all over Sky on the weekend rather than CC day

Thoughts on RC draw out wide?
History says it’s tough from that wide, but With the 3yr old surly it ensures a genuine speed/tempo and it gives him the galloping room. I think he will drift and get out to a good price come Saturday. Still happy to be on him, although I might need to come up with a saver.

Ive got 2 all-ups still alive with VE in the CC the first leg, RC Cox and Tiger in the MC, with a real decent amount.

who do we think in terms of the internationals are the biggest dangers?

Complete coinflip between Sir D and Armory as to who is the best of the internationals.

Magic Wand is gone at the game and Aspetar isn't good enough and won't see daylight from that draw.

Just because the 3yo is in I don't think it will be a fast tempo at all - I'd be riding RC like SYT if they genuinely want to win this race. Go forward - safe is death!

With draw making it hard for RC and Pikes riding style making it hard for AQ at MV if Magic Wand repeats last year Cox or Mckinnon it wins. Fair evidence there to suggest it won't but at the price have to be tempted in a race I won't really be playing apart from small go on her.

Complete coinflip between Sir D and Armory as to who is the best of the internationals.

Have to take the $12 available Sir D now given above and the fact that Armory is now $5. These two have basically been the same price the whole way through and there is zero reason for there to be such a discrepancy now.

Have to take the $12 available Sir D now given above and the fact that Armory is now $5. These two have basically been the same price the whole way through and there is zero reason for there to be such a discrepancy now.
I thought I missed a good price on Sir D, so was pretty happy to get 14s on Laddys after the draw came out

Been on Sir Dragonet for awhile

very close to pulling the trigger on Probabeel from a very cosy draw.

A smart man once told me the Epsom winner should always be 15/1 in the Cox Plate. I don't see why that should be different for Probabeel - it's where milers go to die.*

*Said same before Winx first Cox Plate

tenor.gif

Disgraceful decision to have Nettoyer and Grandslam lining up whilst Buckhurst is relegated to 1st EMG. Maybe Buck shouldn't be in either but he has beaten Sir Dragonet, ran ok behind Tiger Moth and was in the market for the Caulfield Cup. But we're letting in horses that started 70-1 in a 3yo race and 20-1 in a Craven Plate instead... wtf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shame we have to look at moving Gp1 races with solid history to cater for an invite only non black type race but that's the reality PVL has created. If the Manikato isn't moved it will be Gp2 within a couple of years given the quality of horseflesh lining up. It was disgusting to hear Saturday labelled "Everest Day" all over Sky on the weekend rather than CC day
Channel 7 was just as bad. Kept referring to Everest day as Sydney’s big day. No it ******* wasn’t. That happened back in April.

One race with some decent sprinters and 9 other ordinary as races. Absolute garbage.

There’s a better chance of me giving up the punt than Grand Slam running a place on Saturday. I had no problem with Shamus Award been in the plate as he had at least reasonable black type form.

There’s a better chance of me giving up the punt than Grand Slam running a place on Saturday. I had no problem with Shamus Award been in the plate as he had at least reasonable black type form.

And was an emergency

Probs been mentioned already, can’t be ****ed looking. How has Armory firmed from $9 to $5, and Dragon $9 to $14 now? Next to each other in the gate. Sir D smashed Armory, Armory then beats home the Arc winner for 3rd in a photo - is that last bit the only reason why the $ have come for Armory? I’ll take it winning, but much better result Dragon.

Probs been mentioned already, can’t be f’ed looking. How has Armory firmed from $9 to $5, and Dragon $9 to $14 now? Next to each other in the gate. Sir D smashed Armory, Armory then beats home the Arc winner for 3rd in a photo - is that last bit the only reason why the $ have come for Armory? I’ll take it winning, but much better result Dragon.

Honestly the only thing I can think of is people viewing the fact Sir D is running under Maher as a negative. It could be true - he might have completely ****ed it already. But without knowing it is a truly inexplicable price discrepancy and Sir D is a must bet at the price.

Probs been mentioned already, can’t be f’ed looking. How has Armory firmed from $9 to $5, and Dragon $9 to $14 now? Next to each other in the gate. Sir D smashed Armory, Armory then beats home the Arc winner for 3rd in a photo - is that last bit the only reason why the $ have come for Armory? I’ll take it winning, but much better result Dragon.
Like paris said local trained now.. we all know how that goes.