• Poll closed .

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
op 20 in the betting (Sportsbet Market) and my preliminary comment

7. Melody Belle $15.00 If wet big hope

20. Mystic Journey $26.00 Way overs, should be top 3 in the betting as ran really well last year, if it was 1800m i would declare her this far out but the last 200ms the worry
did laugh particularly hard at these two.

Melody couldn't run top 5 in a cox plate carrying 42 kegs

Well Buckhurst is winning and he has form around him So has to be a fair chance

I’d say the fact he got rolled by buck hurst is actually a negative and suggests in a normal year he probably isn’t good enough.

But he has form similar to Magic Wand who was second best run In the race last year and outside VE the locals are absolutely horrific.

He basically has to be kept safe on that basis alone but I would have VE a clear fave over him at this stage.

I thought VE was going CC into MC this year too. Seemed to be what Waller was planning a month ago

This. VE looks the only decent older horse and might not even run. So Sir D basically goes into top 3 of betting by default.

I actually think he would be a better shot at Caulfield

And let’s face it. Waller is a complete moron if he goes to Caulfield over here. But he can’t train cup horses to save his life so I wouldn’t put it past him.

Needed to do that last year when she was lucky to make the field at the Valley and ran accordingly.

I wasn't having a go at the poster of that list, but lets be honest Melody's was never a chance at a cox plate in any prep.

She finished alongside TAS in the QE who ran clear third last year and was second to magic wand in the mackinnon who was 4th. Interesting take that is almost certain to be wrong.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
She finished alongside TAS in the QE who ran clear third last year and was second to magic wand in the mackinnon who was 4th. Interesting take that is almost certain to be wrong.
Pretty sure I've argued with you about Melody Belle before.

She's not that good.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
And let’s face it. Waller is a complete moron if he goes to Caulfield over here. But he can’t train cup horses to save his life so I wouldn’t put it past him.

Needed to do that last year when she was lucky to make the field at the Valley and ran accordingly.

Yeah don't like the call at all but by all reports he has wanted to go Cups this year with more weight ever since last year

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I’d say the fact he got rolled by buck hurst is actually a negative and suggests in a normal year he probably isn’t good enough.

But he has form similar to Magic Wand who was second best run In the race last year and outside VE the locals are absolutely horrific.

He basically has to be kept safe on that basis alone but I would have VE a clear fave over him at this stage.

I reckon Buckhurst is the pick of the raiders at this stage. Given ours are garbage this year and the best of the lot probably won't even end up there 99% of my bets will be around those coming over. Anything close to a MW effort will win comfortably this year

I reckon Buckhurst is the pick of the raiders at this stage. Given ours are garbage this year and the best of the lot probably won't even end up there 99% of my bets will be around those coming over. Anything close to a MW effort will win comfortably this year

Nah buckhurst has Buckley’s of winning a cox plate. Nowhere near good enough

Was slapped in the Tatts Cup.

Can forgive that run. Beat home SD both runs previously and racing style will be much more suited to the valley than his

I can't - his only won above G3 level and he was absolutely belted #noexcuses

He is fully exposed for mine and I would be staggered if he was anywhere near good enough.

Can win if its a 4 horse field.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Buckhurst > Aspetar > SD

Money in the bin everything else. They're no stars but we have dog s**t and an overhyped SA derby winner at the top of the market

Buckhurst > Aspetar > SD

Money in the bin everything else. They're no stars but we have dog sh*t and an overhyped SA derby winner at the top of the market

I don’t think buckhurst is any better than apestar who I also think is nowhere near good enough. Profiles to me as a small field Irish horse that will be tailed off.

VE >>> SD > B > Ape and I’d be staggered if either of the last two got anywhere near it.

Legit think VE would be $5 right not if they said they were going there

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
KWD hasn't turned up on the big stage since... ever. Consistently puts in good runs early in a prep before shitting the bed.

VE the best here but all talk so far suggests it won't even be there so couldn't back it