Racing Cox Plate 2020 discussion .

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm these O'Brien horses when they travel has a certain stink about it lately

I'm sure if local horses were put under similar scrutiny hundreds would be lame

And to be fair Magic Wand has been lame for about a year now.

You get refunds if it doesn't run right? So shouldn't it be priced as if it's assuming it's getting in. What's the thinking that it's worth betting now that it might get in? If you think the current ~50s is overs shouldnt you have just been betting it anyway on the hope it gets in because you'll get a refund if it doesn't anyway? What am I missing?

You get refunds if it doesn't run right? So shouldn't it be priced as if it's assuming it's getting in. What's the thinking that it's worth betting now that it might get in? If you think the current ~50s is overs shouldnt you have just been betting it anyway on the hope it gets in because you'll get a refund if it doesn't anyway? What am I missing?
Armory and Magic wand could be scratched tomorrow after a vet check and yes refund

Thoughts on Probabeel?
I can't discount her as well as Humidor at great odds.

It is a wide open Cox Plate and both the above horses will be in my multiples with the Buck!

Thoughts on Probabeel?

Miler - this is where they go to die - utter and absolute poi poi and the clear best lay in the race. Will be leaving out of absolutely everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes you get a refund if it doesn't start but there is no way on earth it will jump 50s if it gets a run. It has beaten Sir D 2 out of 3 meetings and beat MOW in the CC giving it weight. I reckon it will come into about $26 if it gets a start.

Miler - this is where they go to die - utter and absolute poi poi and the clear best lay in the race. Will be leaving out of absolutely everything.
I dont think the distance is a worry more so the rain IF it comes.

I dont think the distance is a worry more so the rain IF it comes.

The distance is one worry but the bigger worry is a lack of class. All the chaff she has been racing in Sydney would be 100/1 shots in this

13$ about Sir Dragonet seems overs- especially given the predicted rain fall.

Don't think the rainfall is relevant but the price vis a vis the other 3 faves (especially Armory) is ludicrous - a must bet

Hasnt won for over a year beaten Norway who has been absolutely smashed in every start in Australia.

Pen job

Yet beat Armory (a SR fappers delight with 1 win from his last 7 - beating a handicapper a neck) last time he graced the race track

#wellthisisakward

He did also beat Norway a lazy 8 lengths that day

Hasnt won for over a year beaten Norway who has been absolutely smashed in every start in Australia.

Pen job
Buckhurst beat it over 2000m 4 starts ago by close to 2 lengths.

If you like or are considering backing Sir Dragonet you have to consider Buckhurst at more than triple the value currently.

Hard track i would have been on him.at the odds but he is going to drown out there with Aspetar with all the rain predicted
True and who knows what the weather will do but in saying that the Valley track is more forgiving in wet conditions than say a water logged Caulfield.

This is why they call it gambling! Lol