Racing Cox Plate

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough spot as its now rock bottom price as Liefzy says. I'd probably just see if it drifts a bit on the day for a win bet. Otherwise Magic Wand EW
Yep so pissed with myself lined my pockets last few weeks with COGH, and Moonlight Maid
I even had LG in my bet slip @ 7ā€™s with a heavy investment after a few beers
Chose to hold fire wait until the morning and thought better of it šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Got a few pre post bets going here still with LG @ 7.50 and Magic Wand EW @ 151/41 thanks to the bloke who posted it here awhile ago. Others on Homesman and Castel as well as dead money on Mohawk but still looking at a very decent return if either the first two can get up

Looks like Avilius may be out... bled from one nostril yesterday
Needs clearance to run from stewards now

Think theyā€™ll put the pen through its name makes their job narrowing to 14 easier

Still super flat that my multi's with Bivouac golden rose into LG both at 11's got rolled in the first leg. So I now have 0 on LG.

Not sure how i would attack this CP yet, the shark and MJ appeal as winning chances but seem unders

Not sure how i would attack this CP yet, the shark and MJ appeal as winning chances but seem unders

I'll make it easy for you - MJ and the Shark aren't winning chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iluvparis based on Autumn performance vs Winx you give Kluger a winning chance?

Not really - that was a complete nothing race behind her and you would be bankrput by now following horses that ran second to Winx/BC

Only having a saver as an emotional hedge because its also a Jap horse.

Last start Magic Wand ran second in a genuine Group 1 over 2000m to Magical. She beat Anthony Van Dyck, Deirdre, Headman, Madhmoon and Elarqam.

In her previous start she finished second in a Group 1 to American picket fence merchant Bricks and Mortar.

Iā€™m finding it hard to comprehend that Mystic Journey, Avilius, Castevecchio, Kruger, Te Akau Shark, Homesman, Danceteria and Verry Ellegant are ahead of her in the market. Should be second favourite in my assessment.

True - my only point would be is that the 'genuine' G1 in Ireland was one of the weakest Irish Champions I can remember, Deidre was slaughtered, and none of the rest have done much later in the season and are not 'genuine' G1 horses.

Still should be clear second fave.

This is the list of noms the Benz is running with which mean three miss out. I've highlighted who I think the committee will toss. Personally I think Mr Q and Harlem are instant throw outs (except the latter is apparently exempt :$) - but then it gets tough. I would throw out Catslevecchio straight away but I am sure the committee will want a 3yo in there for the 'stories'. In the end I think they will throw out Dream Castle and VE- but I feel Humi/Gailo could also be in danger. Think they might survive due to their history in the race.

Avilius
Danceteria
Dream Castle
Gailo Chop
Harlem
Homesman
Humidor
Kings Will Dream
Kluger
Te Akau Shark
Mr Quickie
Lys Gracieux
Magic Wand
Cape of Good Hope
Mystic Journey
Verry Elleegant
Castelvecchio

Last edited:
This is the list of noms the Benz is running with which mean three miss out. I've highlighted who I think the committee will toss. Personally I think Mr Q and Harlem are instant throw outs - last one is tough. I would throw out Catslevecchio straight away but I am sure the committee will want a 3yo in there for the 'stories'. In the end I think they will throw out Dream Castle - but I feel Humi/Gailo/VE could also be in danger if they suck up to the internationals.

Avilius
Danceteria
Dream Castle
Gailo Chop
Harlem
Homesman
Humidor
Kings Will Dream
Kluger
Te Akau Shark
Mr Quickie
Lys Gracieux
Magic Wand
Cape of Good Hope
Mystic Journey
Verry Elleegant
Castelvecchio
Harlem is ballot exempt unfortunately (Aus Cup?)

The guy from .com believes Gailo Chop won't make it as well as Dream Castle.

I'd say Castlevecchio almost guaranteed a start for the 3yo factor.

Mr Quickie surely gone

And I'd have VE gone too

MrQ and VE hard to split. 3yo stayers, MrQ has run better at G1 level this prep. 108 vs 106 OHR

Yeah my theory was that they would look at his last two starts and tell him to go to Flemington.

The guy from .com believes Gailo Chop won't make it as well as Dream Castle.

Same racing.com guy who seemed to have zero mail on the Caulfield Cup field this time last week? :$