Racing Cox Plate

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly - it basically means Shadow Hero would be second fave at $5 if it was in the race. Then again Yankee Rose SP'd $13 (touched $11) against peak Winx and peak Hartnell - so it is a race when the 3yo fappers can go completely OTT

I am going to rate all the Cos plate winners since i actually knew whats going on so Paris can attack my ratings and i am bored at work. I call this my pseudo Bill Simmons when he was writing tiers of racing rankings

Super Super Stars (not in order)

Better Loosen Up
Might and Power
Northerly
So You Think
Winx

Champs But not the greatest

Strawberry Road (could have moved up a level if every race was on a wet track)
Bonecrusher
Rubiton
Saintly
Sunline
Adelaide (his was the biggest win i have seen in a Cox Plate.. he was slaughtered)

Great horses but can get found out against the best of the best

Red Anchor
(unbeaten - retired too early... crappy opposition)
Our Poetic Prince
Almaarad
Surfers Paradise (was in a good era--- did nothing afterwards)
Super Impose (it says a lot about the era when he was about the 6th best horse going around, check his record.. insane!)
Octaganag - come at me.. over rated
Makybe Diva, won cos of wet tracks in a bad WFA era.. best 2 mile AUSSIE horse.. found out in japan (none of this tracks too hard business, #noexcuses)

Best horse of the era but thats not saying much

The Phantom Chance
El Sugundo
Solvit
Maldavian
Ocean Park

The LoLs embarrasing they won

Rising Prince
Dane Ripper -( won cos they walked and sprinted and she had the best sprint and ride)
Fields of O'Cat.. .twice!! twice!! he kept going overseas afterwards and finished tailed off every single time
Savabeel

The Jesus Christ!!! what is Australian racing coming too!!

this is a tie between Pinker Pinker and Shamus Award, less said the better

I started paying attention at the end of Kingston Town era... if i rated him i might put him in tier 2... i have a feeling his era was not greatand he had flaws going the Melbourne way of going.

if you argue with this list you are wrong!

I'm with Clutchy here too.

if CV leads, he's not the worst. On all exposed form he won't. You don't sit 20L off 3yo mugs and then lead a CP at your next start. He's not overtaking horses like Kluger from well back unless this is run at break neck tempo which it won't be barring some intervention from jockeys thinking they're too smart with no defined leader.

She always maps forward, last week was a 1 off to get the distance/from the barrier both of which were poor decisions.

Obviously the trainer thought more than you such that they had to notify stewards. This isn't WA were anything goes.

Also sat midfield in her biggest win to date

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW there was no excuse for CV to be that far back last start. As i said at the time absolutely criminal a spring 3yo colt 1400 up to 2000 can settle that far back

Obviously the trainer thought more than you such that they had to notify stewards. This isn't WA were anything goes.

Also sat midfield in her biggest win to date

Given that she was first 5 at the turn at every one of her mainland starts I was surprised with notification, that said I think most would have had her in a very similar spot before this announcement, maybe run of the race from 6.

FWIW there was no excuse for CV to be that far back last start. As i said at the time absolutely criminal a spring 3yo colt 1400 up to 2000 can settle that far back

Literally the only start it hasn't settled in the last handful from memory was the Champagne when it absolutely bolted in

#trainers

Seems a stack of people out there genuinely offended by the shark getting in.

Given he is only behind Avilius and MJ in the market locally says the Committee have got it right.

Seems a stack of people out there genuinely offended by the shark getting in.

Given he is only behind Avilius and MJ in the market locally says the Committee have got it right.

You might want to check your markets - seems like they have an infection.

He doesn't deserve to be there on any basic criteria.

You might want to check your markets - seems like they have an infection.

He doesn't deserve to be there on any basic criteria.

Basic criteria like OOE in general races where his 112 OHR is equal 6th. Or his last start G1 second. or his string of G2 placings/wins prior. Winner of over 50% races. Also the highest OHR start last start behind BHB locally. Literally the only thing he doesn't have next to his name is a G1

Bit of rain predicted for Friday and Saturday not sure if been mentioned... might make things interesting.

Basic criteria like OOE in general races where his 112 OHR is equal 6th. Or his last start G1 second. or his string of G2 placings/wins prior. Winner of over 50% races. Also the highest OHR start last start behind BHB locally. Literally the only thing he doesn't have next to his name is a G1

Exactly. So prove you can win one and come back next year.

Your market call is hilariously bad though. You are talking it up like it’s $8. It’s $17 which is the same price as VE who you rightly wanted balloted out. I guess the committee got her right too

Bit harsh Heath on Almaarad and Shamus.

Almaarad raced in the golden era of WFA with 3 wins from 4 starts, before been retired.

With the field Shamus beat it stands to reason that Atlantic Jewel if she ran would have been one of the worst Cox plate winners

5 second speed map - if they go back with LG she slots in behind Dance - either pushing TAS back to last or TAS can settle behind KWD

View attachment 768916
Homesman would push on, probably gives the fave cover.

They can roll the dice with TAS if they want but I reckon take your medicine and go back. KWD got none anyway, he can sit wide lol.

Bit harsh Heath on Almaarad and Shamus.

Almaarad raced in the golden era of WFA with 3 wins from 4 starts, before been retired.

With the field Shamus beat it stands to reason that Atlantic Jewel if she ran would have been one of the worst Cox plate winners

Shamus the cat is easily in the bottom 3 cox plate winners of the modern era. Unquestionable.