Racing Cox Plate

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasnt too happy with the ride on LG but it worked out in the end!
Castlevecchio TAS and MJ the new boys on the block ran well, MJ didnt run the distance and she will dominate the races up to a mile til she retires.

They paid 200k to run BHB to take on MW... lol if i was an owner who paid up i would be bananabussing Rawiller.. that was freaking terrible.
Having said that Ryan Moore not much better.. she went well, probably should have run 3rd with even luck.

Will be interesting what they do with Castlevecchio given he isnt running in the Derby. I hope he ends up being top class cos i love the underdogs.
Kudos to TAS, didnt think he deserved a run but ran really well and added value to the 1st 4
Was a good day! and hopefully for everyone!

Wasnt too happy with the ride on LG but it worked out in the end!
Castlevecchio TAS and MJ the new boys on the block ran well, MJ didnt run the distance and she will dominate the races up to a mile til she retires.

They paid 200k to run BHB to take on MW... lol if i was an owner who paid up i would be bananabussing Rawiller.. that was freaking terrible.
Having said that Ryan Moore not much better.. she went well, probably should have run 3rd with even luck.

Will be interesting what they do with Castlevecchio given he isnt running in the Derby. I hope he ends up being top class cos i love the underdogs.
Kudos to TAS, didnt think he deserved a run but ran really well and added value to the 1st 4
Was a good day! and hopefully for everyone!
I dont think it was a great ride by Lane on LG

Just had the motor underneath

Next spring they should just focus on the Melbourne Cup with Avilius and prey for a wet track.

Don't think he handles the Valley and dry tracks that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahahaahahahhaha Winx by panels

I was keen on Castel but seriously Winx would have put 4L on him. In fact she put 9L on Yankee Rose who had if not equal a better numerical form through the exact same program as CV.

beating Castel by 1.5L does not rank highly. LG was huge, was in a lot of trouble and realistically was that much better that she was still able to do that.

In fact the only Australian horses to get within 6L of CP Winx were Humidor(0.5L/4.8L) and Criterion(4.8L)

Mystic Journey, the Shark and Castel all finished within 6L today.
if we are going to use these measures Kluger got within 2 lengths of winx last time and couldnt get within 10 of LG today. LG dominant off a shitty ride.

WHAT.........A..........DAY........................

half second montage of my emotions from the 600 onwards

cheerz_takiguchi.gif

Winx was a great and remarkably consistent horse. Shame her connections were happy splashing around in racing’s shallowest talent pool. That is, the Australian horse 1400m+

I dont think it was a great ride by Lane on LG

Just had the motor underneath

It was a pretty average ride - I was literally shitting bricks for the first 1500-1600m. But he obviously knew what he had underneath him. Had it drawn a better gate and settled somewhere like where Castle did it would have absolutely brained the living s**t out of them Winx style.

God I love the Cox Plate - the Everest is a Rooty Hill bingo night compared to the glory of this race!!!! You just can't produce a century of tradition by putting up $$$.

Punting aside and focussing on performance where does LGs win rate in recent years?

I'd have it fourth behind Winx II, SYT I, Winx I - don't think the race was run/where she settled to show her peak but she was utterly dominant anyway