Tertiary and Continuing CPA Program

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SherbertLemon

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
How'd everyone go? Passed advanced tax. 3 down for me.

There's an excellent guide on whirlpool for how to approach the exams/order to take the subjects in if you're interested

Power Raid

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I did a CA rather than a CPA, but I'd imagine the exams and pass marks would be similar. In CA, only about 20-25% pass all there exams first time around.

work and study is a tough combo to balance

SherbertLemon

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
I did a CA rather than a CPA, but I'd imagine the exams and pass marks would be similar. In CA, only about 20-25% pass all there exams first time around.

work and study is a tough combo to balance
Yeah. That's the killer, having to do a full working week (can be crazy hours if you're a public accountant) and then motivating yourself to study.

Abba Lonie

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC, BHN, OKC
How'd everyone go? Passed advanced tax. 3 down for me.

There's an excellent guide on whirlpool for how to approach the exams/order to take the subjects in if you're interested
Got through Financial reporting, halfway through as well (done ethics and tax as well).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golden_6

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Just as an aside, what are the salary jumps usually expected during and after the CA/CPA program? Currently on 44k a year 6 months into a grad role in public practice which I assume is around the market rate.

Power Raid

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just as an aside, what are the salary jumps usually expected during and after the CA/CPA program? Currently on 44k a year 6 months into a grad role in public practice which I assume is around the market rate.
it was around 20-30% pa with the big pay jump when you left public practice. The timing of when you jumped, and where you jumped, was important as that had a big influence on your salary cap in the future.

After 10 years the pay range would be $120k to $400k. Anything over $200k and you are being likely to be remunerated for management roles rather than just accounting.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
The thing I hated about the CPA program was the passmark. If it was a straight 50% you would pass every exam easily, however being around 65% puts that little bit of doubt into it.

P.S I know by making it harder to pass, it makes it worth more in the field

deaneus

You wouldn’t believe me if I told you
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Black Caps
Moderator #25
Top Bottom