Tertiary and Continuing CPA Program

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting this next year.

How did people find it ? Suggestions, Tips on approaching it ? Electives worth doing ? Difficult ?

Thanks

Starting this next year.

How did people find it ? Suggestions, Tips on approaching it ? Electives worth doing ? Difficult ?

Thanks

take plenty of time off before the exams to study. it is always easier to pass first time around than having to repeat.

How'd everyone go? Passed advanced tax. 3 down for me.

There's an excellent guide on whirlpool for how to approach the exams/order to take the subjects in if you're interested

I did a CA rather than a CPA, but I'd imagine the exams and pass marks would be similar. In CA, only about 20-25% pass all there exams first time around.

work and study is a tough combo to balance

I did a CA rather than a CPA, but I'd imagine the exams and pass marks would be similar. In CA, only about 20-25% pass all there exams first time around.

work and study is a tough combo to balance

Yeah. That's the killer, having to do a full working week (can be crazy hours if you're a public accountant) and then motivating yourself to study.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as an aside, what are the salary jumps usually expected during and after the CA/CPA program? Currently on 44k a year 6 months into a grad role in public practice which I assume is around the market rate.

Just as an aside, what are the salary jumps usually expected during and after the CA/CPA program? Currently on 44k a year 6 months into a grad role in public practice which I assume is around the market rate.

it was around 20-30% pa with the big pay jump when you left public practice. The timing of when you jumped, and where you jumped, was important as that had a big influence on your salary cap in the future.

After 10 years the pay range would be $120k to $400k. Anything over $200k and you are being likely to be remunerated for management roles rather than just accounting.

The thing I hated about the CPA program was the passmark. If it was a straight 50% you would pass every exam easily, however being around 65% puts that little bit of doubt into it.

P.S I know by making it harder to pass, it makes it worth more in the field

And that is an elective.

Comp subjects are ethics, fin acct, man acc and global strat management
Yeah ok, I forgot that. It's been a couple of years since I did it

SMA is far easier than it was at uni.
SMA was piss easy at uni, in fact all things to do with management accounting were easy at uni.

Have you done the SMA exam yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back